Dana White just Hinted Khamzat as Nate Diaz's Next Fight

They know nate isnt resigning so they giving him the worst matchup to build up a guy to be a star.

They're both dagestani guys from grappling backgrounds (ankaleav from sambo, antigulov from dagestani wrestling) and they both tried to implement the infamous "Dagestani/Chechnyan wrestling top game and pressure grappling destroys any sort of bottom game BJJ" approach, and they failed.

Same with Khabib's cousin Abubakar against Kusch and zawada. Same with Akhmedov vs. Gunnar nelson, Khabilov was schooled any time he tried to wrestle Ferreira, Safarov was ran through like butter by vieira, etc etc

"Dagestani/Chechnyan wrestling top game and pressure grappling destroys any sort of bottom game BJJ"

Was a stupid comment, you know this. There's been plenty examples of dagestanis succombing to BJJ.

It was another poster, not me, who claimed “Dagestani/Chechnyan wrestling top game and pressure grappling destroys any sort of bottom game BJJ.” This is hyperbole but not entirely untrue. The fact is, being on your back in MMA is a bad position. Short rounds, sweat, and strikes make it much harder to catch someone in a submission than straight BJJ.

Sure, you can always find a few counterexamples of a BJJ guy submitting a wrestler/sambo guy off their back. It happens from time to time. But that’s the exception not the norm. The general trend in MMA is BJJ guys don’t do well on their backs against wrestlers and top-heavy grapplers. The percentage of submissions that happen on the bottom are very low in modern MMA. With everyone cross training, being on one’s back is usually a defensive, not dominant position.

Just an opinion. You're free to have your own, it's all good.
Of course. But just out of curiosity, which of Nate's fight makes you think he does well against wrestlers? He has one of the worst TDD in UFC..

RIP Nate

Chimaev is tailor made to smoother him on the ground, and he is a big enough name to be a stepping stone to get him into a title shot contention.
Dana is smelling big money and we can expect super favorable matchups.

Of course. Dana going to put Khamzat over using nates popularity. It’s obvious.

That's a pretty stupid fight to make since Khamzat is a MW masquerading as a WW and Nate's a LW pretending to be a welter.

Nate is a bad match-up for that guy. Id love to see it.
How so? Nate has no TDD and bleeds like a stuck pig. And good grapplers getting subbed is pretty rare, these days. I’m a fan of Nate. But he loses this fight, IMO.

Of course. But just out of curiosity, which of Nate's fight makes you think he does well against wrestlers? He has one of the worst TDD in UFC..
I don't disagree that he would get taken down, probably at will, by Khamzat. I just feel like he would be far more competent on the mat, once it got there. KC is pretty clearly the real deal, it's getting harder to argue with each performance.

Nate is a bad match-up for that guy. Id love to see it.

Sorry but in what world is Nate a bad matchup for Chimaev? It’s surely the opposite.

Khamzat will match over, drag him to the mat and maul him for a round or two until the ref steps in with Nate bleeding everywhere and having no chance on the mat. I honestly can’t see how Nate keeps it standing. Chimaev is levels above Nate on the mat and knows how to get him there too.

That's a bad fight right there. Dana might regret that.

Nate can sub Khamzat from the bottom.

Nate is WAY better boxer than Khamzat

If Khamzat doesn't catch Nate early, Nate is going to fuck him up.

Li isn't someone you should look past tho.

Not gonna happen. Joe Daddy and Clay Guida wrestlefucked him to death. Nate Diaz cant compete against wrestlers.

Back