Media Dana White: Pavlovich / Aspinall winner could possibly defend the interim belt

Problem is most people don’t understand what an interim title means, it is NOT a number 1 contender spot but a full fledged title contested while the champ is unable to compete for whatever legitimate reason, which there is and its been captured on tape and confirmed by Dana.

Does it really matter? The fights made will be the same, regardless what they call the belt they give out at the end.

Whoever wins this is going to be the HW champ. No one is seriously going to consider Jones the champ after this.

Correct, and if Jones decides to fight again, he’ll get the first shot. This decision doesn’t really matter.

I hate this fucking goof

Interim belts in their own right are a joke and should NEVER be defended. They should be a LAST resort when there is no other option. It's the equivalent of one of those paper crowns Burger King used to give out for free. Make it undisputed if anything goes wrong or don't do it at all

Do you want a bunch of fake champions like boxing. Just being number 1 contender is far more legitimate than an interim belt. Interim belts are a joke

{<jordan} not only does this winner not get to fight for the real undisputed belt after they'll have to defend it until Jones retires before they get promoted.

Interim belts in their own right are a joke and should NEVER be defended. They should be a LAST resort when there is no other option. It's the equivalent of one of those paper crowns Burger King used to give out for free. Make it undisputed if anything goes wrong or don't do it at all

I don't think you understand the concept of a interim belt lol

So like Barao then I guess when he defended the interim with Cruz out

The numbers of power slap numbers are so numerous they need to invent a new number. There simply isn't a number big enough to express the numberness

So if he successfully defends his interim title he still won't get a title shot. He'll have to wait for stipe who wouldn't have fought in like 3 yrs by that time to fight for the title.

The only fight that would make sense for him right now is Jones and I guess Stipe because Jones wants to fight Stipe and he would remove that possibility by easily defeating Stipe.

Gane ducked him and should fight another contender, preferably Almeida.

NP, Tom can defend vs Stipe or Jones. Tom is current champ. Jones lost his belt getting injured. Max 1 year defend or vacate. Snooze n lose. Jones can b 1 contender, if/when returns. Likewise Stipe should earn his shot. There was no clear contender b4 but shit happened. Fans should boycott Jones v Stipe if over a year defense for Jones. If Jones vacates and does a Conor esqu Dustin money fight fine. No belt.

Not purchasing the ppv is how i intend to protest bs belts.

Back