Dana White sympathisers…

How is Dana the bad guy in that situation? Francis negotiated his way to the free market and is failing at capitalizing
Because any UFC discussion starts with "Dana is evil and racist" and then we can proceed from this sober starting point. You can't understand business or fighting without first understanding the above. He doesn't work for his bosses to make money. He works for republicans to elevate the white man and perpetuate evil and unfairness as a principle.

Dana White Supremacists would be a hilarious term if it caught on

From Francis' own mouth the UFC offered a lot of money for a 3 fight deal with no extensions. Francis could have been well off for the rest of his life off those 3 fights. Plus use the publicity to set up the fringe circus boxing matches he said he wanted. He was stupid and now he has nothing. Obviously there is no bidding war over him. The few orgs left available are low tier. Everyone at HW with some ground game has seen his fight with Gane. Francis hasn't fought in over 2 years. He wasn't a draw with the casuals 2 years ago and what he did have has dwindled.

Brother Francis is master of his own humble Freedom Monastery.

You corporate apologists make me sick!

Ngannou refused to bow down to your BALD king and you think you have the audacity to preach with your holier-than-thou attitudes and smug (punchable, no doubt) faces like you have a horse in this race.

Capitalist America has made you both spiteful and vindictive, you value monetary gains - even when it’s not your own- over anything that could be considered principled .

Nganouu was brought up in the remnants of a colonised sovereignty, money is just a by-product of his achievements to him. Stick with him guys, principles will end up winning in the end; he’ll be fighting and entertaining us soon, for that I have no doubt.

0b56430a6189c3db22707e57c6a4a456.jpg

Haha hilarious picture ...both have underated senses of humor ..

Both are like able and respectful... Its a shame UFC tried to bully Ngannou...

Who knows what the future holds

Ngannou refused to bow down to your BALD king and you think you have the audacity to preach with your holier-than-thou attitudes and smug (punchable, no doubt) faces like you have a horse in this race.

Capitalist America has made you both spiteful and vindictive, you value monetary gains - even when it’s not your own- over anything that could be considered principled .

Nganouu was brought up in the remnants of a colonised sovereignty, money is just a by-product of his achievements to him. Stick with him guys, principles will end up winning in the end; he’ll be fighting and entertaining us soon, for that I have no doubt.

Cringe.
Why tf are you talking like a Soviet from the 1960s?

I gave Francis the benefit of the doubt, but it appears Dana isn't the only one that has found his demands unappealing. Because if he was the only one, I think Francis would have been snatched up by now.

Dana white isn’t a corporation.

No we agree Dana is a grade a piece of shit. It's just Francis was the one who was wrong here.

Why was it wrong? Francis may have miscalculated his worth or leverage position in negotiations outside of the UFC, but he did nothing wrong. He took control of his career and made decisions for himself. I see nothing wrong with him deciding to leave the UFC after fighting out his contract, nor do I see an issue with him asking for certain concessions from the company, which is something many should have done before him, and for things others should have asked for before he left as well.

Why was it wrong? Francis may have miscalculated his worth or leverage position in negotiations outside of the UFC, but he did nothing wrong. He took control of his career and made decisions for himself. I see nothing wrong with him deciding to leave the UFC after fighting out his contract, nor do I see an issue with him asking for certain concessions from the company, which is something many should have done before him, and for things others should have asked for before he left as well.
I think wrong is an appropriate word if you miscalculate your worth across multiple organizations. I do agree, athletes should take more control of their career, but it should be done with the correct amount of control. I think he was wrong in the way he executed his idea. That being said, I think he is still in uncharted territory and for these types of pioneers, it's easy to be wrong and future fighters will be able to use this mistake as a calibration for their future control.

I think wrong is an appropriate word if you miscalculate your worth across multiple organizations. I do agree, athletes should take more control of their career, but it should be done with the correct amount of control. I think he was wrong in the way he executed his idea. That being said, I think he is still in uncharted territory and for these types of pioneers, it's easy to be wrong and future fighters will be able to use this mistake as a calibration for their future control.

That's a great point. Who else has picked up their ball and went to a different court in his position? You rarely, if ever, see anyone holding a title who can't be kept by the champions clause in their contacts leave. He obviously miscalculated his worth and leverage, but that's his right to do so rather than acquiesce to the UFC and their offer. Lest we forget that only a year and a half ago Dana was openly stating that Jones was afraid of Francis and wanted $30 million to fight him. Now that Francis left and Jones came back, accepting their new offer, he's singing an entirely new tune which is typical of him. I will side with the fighter sticking up for himself over a someone like Dana who has proven time and time again that fighters aren't important to him and to be a serial liar. Still, for anyone to say Francis did something 'wrong' is incorrect.

<31>

That's a great point. Who else has picked up their ball and went to a different court in his position? You rarely, if ever, see anyone holding a title who can't be kept by the champions clause in their contacts leave. He obviously miscalculated his worth and leverage, but that's his right to do so rather than acquiesce to the UFC and their offer. Lest we forget that only a year and a half ago Dana was openly stating that Jones was afraid of Francis and wanted $30 million to fight him. Now that Francis left and Jones came back, accepting their new offer, he's singing an entirely new tune which is typical of him. I will side with the fighter sticking up for himself over a someone like Dana who has proven time and time again that fighters aren't important to him and to be a serial liar. Still, for anyone to say Francis did something 'wrong' is incorrect.
I don't think we should be afraid of the word wrong here. I think when Francis has time to digest, he would calibrate differently if he had to do it again. And for me that is enough to say he was "wrong", but I don't think people should be afraid of being wrong, they should be afraid of being wrong and not learning.

Keep in mind, I think I overlap with your view 99% and I'm arguing a semantic point above.

As for the rest, I completely agree, Dana acts like a lobbyist when characterizing various situations in the UFC. Most of his commentary is self serving. And I'd rather see a fighter stick up for themselves vs. bend over to the machine. But I wouldn't want to see it happen when they come out the loser and I don't mean slightly less money. I mean loser as in they have real amounts of regret years later. Parts of me like to be risk averse and bird in the hand is sometimes better than two in the bush, but if you don't have regrets down the line, all the power to you.

No we agree Dana is a grade a piece of shit. It's just Francis was the one who was wrong here.
How is he "wrong"? Francis is a free man that can make his own decisions. He's "wrong" for not wanting to be locked in an exclusive contract as a "private contractor"? He's wrong for wanting fighters to have Healthcare? You're just sour grapes because you want to see him in the ufc. That's it. Just be honest about it instead of moralizing your emotional reactions

<36>

I have been 100% on ngannou's side up until this post. You sound like your CRT seminar got cancelled and you have no where else to vent. I think I'm going to donate some money to the UFC's Mexican PI now.

Back