Media Dana White walks back rematch comments (kinda)

izzy taking some time out, let the contenders fight, return in a year to face whoever is champ in a blockbuster:cool:

For me ddp did enough by stopping whittaker..

Costa and khamzat is behind cannonier..

Problem is recency bias is a bitch.. fuck.. i might change my mind if costa manhandles khamzat and submits him without taking a punch..

Mw became some wild west shit with a strickland win.. true servant of chaos..

Let Izzy take a year off, he can hang out with Takeshi 69 and reinvent himself.

I'm sure him and Israel have talked since the fight happened. I'm curious how that conversation went, maybe Izzy will take a small break or they'll save his return for UFC 300.

Maybe he's also pleasantly surprised at just how much people love Strickland
Izzy losing to Sean wasn't really a bad outcome. Obviously not ideal but since Sean is a company man he'll hop, skip, and jump to Dana's demands and he'll get on the mic and talk shit and sell a fight too.

Izzy losing to Sean wasn't really a bad outcome. Obviously not ideal but since Sean is a company man he'll hop, skip, and jump to Dana's demands and he'll get on the mic and talk shit and sell a fight too.
As he said maybe DW has seen the love and praise Sean received along with the social media numbers and thought hey this ain't so bad. Probably a combination of that and the backlash when he basically announced the rematch.

Either way I think the rematch is much less likely now.

It's too bad none of these spineless cuck journalists will ever call Dana out on this stuff.

"Yes, Master Dana, call us goofs!"

What’s your reasoning to rate Khamzat or Costa above DDP?

Costa is 1-2 in his last 3 fights and his last win was Luke.

Khamzat last fight at MW was GM3 like 3 years ago.

While DDP just beat #1 contender Whittaker and he’s on 6 fight win streak, 3 of them against ranked opponents. DDP has earned his shot

No rankings reasons, I'd just rather see Izzy/DDP and Sticklan/ Cost or Khamzat.

fighters are opening their mouths more and more, going against Dana White's policy, which is only based on making money, so that he can gamble more and who wasted blood money with gambling

Instant rematches are for flukey wins or bad decisions. Izzy got his ass kicked for 4 out of 5 rounds.

That would be dependent on either of them beating Strickland.
Yup. I think the UFC will try to have it play out that way. So they won't match them up unless it's for the title or else it's clear that neither of them will fight for the title anytime soon.

We are making a difference.. Slam that rematch for an undeserving fighter. He already got a freebie TS at LHW. And his freebie instant rematch with Pereira.

Fuck that noise. They can only push that crap on us if we let them.

I said just because Dana did that 293 post presser. Didn’t mean the rematch was a done deal. I’m glad people have been so vocal about this Izzy instant rematch bullshit. Nobody except the creep, and his fans want that.

Quit stalling all these divisions with rematch after rematch after rematch and .. More rematches.

But he really needs to shut his mouth about future TS in these post-pressers. He’s painted himself into a corner a few times. He was saying Jiri was next before Jan/Glover even happened. So Jiri sat on the bench for 13 months. That’s baked, alright.

That’s just fucking stupid. He said it was a bad idea for Carla to sit out until she got her earned TS. She sat anyway. And a year later she got the rematch with Rose.

Now we have Belal who is clearly the number 1 contender. But he has to sit out while this ridiculous Colby shit show happens. There’s no logic to a lot of this shit.

Instead of Edwards getting his earned TS. Masvidal got an instant rematch after Usman called him out. That literally flushed Usman’s legacy right down the shitter, imo.

And then instead of Edwards vs Borz. The UFC choked the chicken and gave Usman the instant rematch. I don’t even grasp that concept. Three years of trying to get Borz a TS was wasted. That is beyond stupid.

NOBODY wanted the instant trilogy with Amanda vs Pena. The entire mma community knew how stupid that was. Anybody with a brain knows why Amanda lost the first fight. And they also know the rematch was how that fight would go 9 out of 10 times.

But they made the trilogy anyway. Dipshits.. Luckily Pena broke a rib. Everybody wanted Amanda vs Irene to begin with. But Irene screwed the pooch in Vancouver.

On Saturday the cherry picking duck Shevchenko gets her freebie instant rematch. Ducked the trilogy with Amanda. And ducked the rematch with Taila.. Who many people thought beat Shevchenko. So she picks number 6 ranked Alexa. That was some sweet cosmic justice, imo. And if she wins on Saturday, she’ll duck the trilogy with Alexa. just like Izzy did with Alex.

It’s already been 3 months since Amanda retired as a double champion. And they still haven’t announced who gets the vacant shot or when it will happen. That is several levels of stupidity, right there.

Are they hoping MBS has her suspension lifted by the NSAC, or what? This should be a no-brainer. Big mouth Pena vs Rocky for the vacant title. It can’t be anymore obvious than that. I don’t think Pena deserves a TS coming off of a loss. But she is number 1. And Rocky has 5 wins in a row. Simple.. To anyone that doesn’t have their head up their ass.

Rocky has earned another TS. But they leapfrogged her for lower ranked Irene. Pena is coming off of a loss. Irene is coming off of a loss. Holly is coming off of a loss (but that might be overturned with this suspension of Silva by the NSAC). GDR is coming back..

tumblr_nkk2l1u2Tq1rvcjd7o5_400.gifv

When is the vacant title fight at LHW?
This is ridiculous. Get this fucking show on the fucking road already.

Good we don't need to see the rematch. Let Sean win over more fans.

Dana is such a fucking liar. He clear as day said he wants to do the rematch.
Now he says he didn't.

Did you not watch what he just said?? He clearly said it's an option and the last thing he said he's certainly not opposed to the rematch.

Look, I understand there have been some Dana-favorable rematches, but the reason why he keeps saying "well see what happens" is simply because they can plan out matches, but when things get fucked up via usada getting in the way, Visa issues, injuries, covid, etc, you settle for whatever replacement is left and hope it makes some sense.

Other way around for me, have Izzy/DDP and have Sean fight the winner of Khamzat/Costa
Neither Khamzat nor Costa deserve the fight more than DDP even with a dominant victory.
I'm sick of stagnating divisions. Let them breathe, let other fights be made.
Instant rematches need to go the way of the Dodo.
After losing to Serra, GSP had to fight Hughes and Koscheck before another title shot.

Did you not watch what he just said?? He clearly said it's an option and the last thing he said he's certainly not opposed to the rematch.
It's more the point that originally after the fight he said absolutely you do the rematch and then a few days later he walks that back to yeah no I never said we are doing the rematch even though I am not opposed to it which is somewhat true but still.

But yeah as per title he kinda walks it back a little after all the backlash, he knows it's not popular.

Back