Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series- Season 2

I'm on the fence on the Morales fight. Do you see him landing something heavy?

To be completely honest I didn't have time to dig super deep into tape, but from skimming tape Morales seems to have a big standup edge and the wrestling background to keep this on the feet. Few others who did full tape were very confident in him as well. @Sadistics can probably give a more thorough response.

I'm on the fence on the Morales fight. Do you see him landing something heavy?

Pilarte is a 6' BW with a very incomplete game. He wrestles but has no top control, he uses a very bladed stance but doesn't take advantage of the techniques available from that stance. Worst of all is his cardio that fails him in every fight.

Morales is crazy accurate with big power, good defensive grappling, great cardio. Fully expecting him to find the KO here.

2.5u Morales -235

Pilarte is a 6' BW with a very incomplete game. He wrestles but has no top control, he uses a very bladed stance but doesn't take advantage of the techniques available from that stance. Worst of all is his cardio that fails him in every fight.

Morales is crazy accurate with big power, good defensive grappling, great cardio. Fully expecting him to find the KO here.

2.5u Morales -235
I very much agree with Sadistics here. I was very impressed with Morales accuracy in the fights of his that I watched. Guy has an easy time finding the distance for his right cross.

I have only so far put fight ends ITD in a parlay, but I am waiting to see if Morales dips below -250 again.

I'm on the favs besides Trevino here. Hoping to keep the streak going.

did you guys watch Morales vs Vick and Crew? thought he looked pretty weak and green on the ground

A lot of red flags with Edmen.

1) Glendale
2) 20 years old, literally still in school
3) Only faced bums
4) NEVER been out of round 1
5) Fought 5/6 pro bouts in the same promotion

If he makes it out of round 1, that is a whole different experience. Sitting on that stool, letting the adrenaline settle, mentally knowing you didn't put him away like everyone else. Jones may have very little in the way of skill, but he is ex-military, tough, in-shape to go a full 15. He can wrestle a little bit, and that plus cardio and toughness - how many times have we all seen that overcome the more talented fighter?

A lot of red flags with Edmen.

1) Glendale
2) 20 years old, literally still in school
3) Only faced bums
4) NEVER been out of round 1
5) Fought 5/6 pro bouts in the same promotion

If he makes it out of round 1, that is a whole different experience. Sitting on that stool, letting the adrenaline settle, mentally knowing you didn't put him away like everyone else. Jones may have very little in the way of skill, but he is ex-military, tough, in-shape to go a full 15. He can wrestle a little bit, and that plus cardio and toughness - how many times have we all seen that overcome the more talented fighter?
Biggest thing for me are the absolute bums he has fought and never being out of the 1st round. Small fade currently on him.

Edmen is a pretty serious grappler. He went to the finals of the Abu Dhabi grappling tournament in 2011 where he was going to face his cousin, but they decided to share the win instead of fighting each other.

Considering how lol bad Jones grappling game is, hard to see Edmen not running circles around him on the ground and either getting a submission or winning rounds.

Could be a close standup battle, but even then Edmen has much better KO power and is more likely to end it on foot

Edmen is a pretty serious grappler. He went to the finals of the Abu Dhabi grappling tournament in 2011 where he was going to face his cousin, but they decided to share the win instead of fighting each other.

Considering how lol bad Jones grappling game is, hard to see Edmen not running circles around him on the ground and either getting a submission or winning rounds.

Could be a close standup battle, but even then Edmen has much better KO power and is more likely to end it on foot

Where does all this Edmen confidence come from, none if his pro fights are available. Also wouldn't he have been 13 in 2011?

Edmen wrestled at state for California. He also was in boxing tournaments from a young age. He's been training for a while. Still, hard to gauge where he is at, but he doesn't appear to be some newb.

6 hours to go and Pitolo odds still up?

200.webp

I got Adams +215... watched some of Adams and like what I see. Chib is a god damn specimen but I think he could tire significantly.

Back