DAREDEVIL on Netflix v.4 (Cancelled After 3 Seasons)

Really hope we get another season. If not ill cancel my Netflix subscription

Agreed. I don't mind them cancelling Luke Cage and Iron Fist, even though the second seasons of both shows were a big improvement on their first. Hell, they should cancel Jessica Jones, since her second season was the worst of any Netflix Marvel show. By a huge margin.

But if they cancel DD or Punisher, I'm out.

D'Onofrio isn't exactly a household name, but he's extremely well respected by his peers for exactly what you've just said. They refer to him as the, actor's actor because of his ability to completely disappear into a role while filming it. It's not some pretentious, "Method" shit; he's just very, very good at his job.

If you listen to Vincent being interviewed, even his voice is completely different from how he sounds as Fisk.

Not just saying this because I'm a huge Nerd: his performance should earn him at least an Emmy nomination.
Totally agree
Emmy material imo

Agreed. I don't mind them cancelling Luke Cage and Iron Fist, even though the second seasons of both shows were a big improvement on their first. Hell, they should cancel Jessica Jones, since her second season was the worst of any Netflix Marvel show. By a huge margin.

I couldnt finish the second season of luke cage but i wanted to find out how iron fist got the guns, what he learned on his trip etc, so pretty disappointed they cancelled.

I couldnt finish the second season of luke cage but i wanted to find out how iron fist got the guns, what he learned on his trip etc, so pretty disappointed they cancelled.

TBH, the ending pissed me off. The whole point of giving the Iron Fist to Coleen was that Danny didn't want it anymore. And at no point in the series is it mentioned that the Iron Fist could be channelled through swords, never mind handguns:rolleyes:

I would have struggled to finish Luke Cage S2 as well, had it not been for Bushmaster. He was the best thing about it:cool:

Also, the curse of Misty Knight strikes again: that's two shows the bitch has killed!:D

TBH, the ending pissed me off. The whole point of giving the Iron Fist to Coleen was that Danny didn't want it anymore. And at no point in the series is it mentioned that the Iron Fist could be channelled through swords, never mind handguns:rolleyes:

I would have struggled to finish Luke Cage S2 as well, had it not been for Bushmaster. He was the best thing about it:cool:

Also, the curse of Misty Knight strikes again: that's two shows the bitch has killed!:D
Yeah- i didnt like that Danny gave the iron fist to Colleeen. It seemed a bit sjwish because she is asian but the scene at the end with ward and danny gave me some hope that could possibly redeem thae shitty ending. oh well

Whenever I see Dex/Bullseye in action all I can think of is how would Frank Castle hold up against him?

Not finished with the season...I hope Bullseye makes it alive this to see him and Punisher go at it.

Should I watch The Defenders before watching DD S3? If I haven't watched The Defenders, will I be missing out stuff going into DD S3?

Should I watch The Defenders before watching DD S3? If I haven't watched The Defenders, will I be missing out stuff going into DD S3?

I haven't seen Defenders either and I'm 4 episodes in to DD. Doesn't seem to affect anything storywise except for the first scene of episode 1.

I think Netflix is trying to bury the Marvel shows. Usually new seasons are put front and center but I had to actually search for Daredevil to watch it.

Although it's ending directly impacts on the beginning of DDS3, there's no real reason to watch Defenders. I found it pretty weak. Nowhere near the standard of Daredevil.

Might have been my favorite season of all the Netflix Marvel stuff. I hope we get another season.

2. The black costume is a little too unrefined. Its a comic book movie, I think we can suspend reality a little further to imagine Matt could score at least a sleek black suit if not his OG DD costume.
I was waiting for a new suit to show up but....I did kinda like how the mask was basically a Nun's coif but pulled down to the nose and ragged instead of clean. It made a good metaphor for DD and it connected DD, Gregory and Maggie.

Whenever I see Dex/Bullseye in action all I can think of is how would Frank Castle hold up against him?

Not finished with the season...I hope Bullseye makes it alive this to see him and Punisher go at it.

Difficult to say. In the mainstream and Marvel Knights comics, Bullseye has gone toe to toe with Frank and walked away at the end, which is pretty damn impressive given the Punisher's body count.

The Marvel Max version, which makes the Netflix Bullseye look like a pacifist Vegan Democrat, was killed off. But pretty much everyone died in that series.

Made it two deep last night but gonna binge the shit out of it since I ran into a structure fire and am getting sent home for the weekend for smoke inhalation.

Be well, brother.

This season was as good as it gets.

I'm going to have to go back and watch it again soon, the problem with binge viewing is that you don't absorb enough. There were a number of moments that completely blew me away in the moment but I've already forgotten most of them. I worked a brutal day yesterday and watched into the wee hours, my brain is dead.

I have one complaint and one only... I have never liked the casting of Foggy, and he has been so important to the plot it took a bit of the shine off this diamond.

I'm confused by how the action can be SO good in this and Punisher, and yet be so terrible in every other Netflix Marvel series. In this season particularly, the action was positively cinematic.

Be well, brother.
Thanks. Got sent home as a precaution feel like I just smoked a pair of stale cigars mostly. Nasty taste in my mouth and throat is all scratchy.

Need to leave the firefighting to the firefighters...

lol...it's funny because I was thinking the exact same thing...they can cancel those other shows but leave DD and Punisher alone. In fact I want more crossover between DD, Fisk, and Frank Castle.

I think Netflix is trying to bury the Marvel shows. Usually new seasons are put front and center but I had to actually search for Daredevil to watch it.
They have a whole special section for marvel shows

It's not that they are trying to bury them.
My best guess is Disney and Netflix reached some sort of back door deal where Netflix can keep DD but they are gonna pull everything else for their own streaming service. It's the only logical thing I can think of as to why this is happening.

I had to search for DD too

Thoughts on episode 3...

- Is Dex the only competent FBI Agent? Apart from tearing through the Albanian hit squad, he's the only Fed to question Murdoch. Even though Murdoch's appearance is completely at odds with a with a high class hotel. I realise that PIS(Plot Induced Stupidity)is necessary, but the FBI Agent standing guard outside the service entrance Matt uses is to area security what an Imperial Stormtrooper is to marksmanship.

- Strong performances from all the cast members. The "conversations" between Murdoch and Fisk were great. Shout out to the scene between Nadeem and his boss at the hospital, and Karen and her boss when she's demanding to investigate Fisk. Intensely emotional without jumping the shark. Take a bow, ladies and gentlemen:cool:

- Dex turned the Creepy Dial up to 11. I didn't for one minute believe the story he told the psychiatrist, but I didn't think he was stalking the girl he spoke about either:eek:

- Nice call back to season 1; Fisk staring at the blank wall as he waits for his lawyers

- The fight scene in the car park was good. The Fed who kept getting up should resign from the FBI; six months of training and that kid is UFC Champion in his weight class:D

- Nadeem telling Karen that the claim Fisk has been released is Fake News; over/under on Fisk himself saying he will, "Make New York Great Again"?;)

Last edited:
Still high on season 3. I binged the whole thing in day, I've never done that with any netflix stuff...maybe over the course of a few days but not one day. Ill probably watch it again soon. Very impressed.

Back