Media Darrion Caldwell Acting Like a Complete Jackass Following Laughable Performance.

I wonder if Caldwell is gonna get a suspension for that?

I posted over on the other thread earlier but DAZN highlight is utter BS in that it shows every single "highlights" of Caldwell and shows almost nothing Horiguchi did. Horiguchi has a flash knockdown over Caldwell, won all the stand up exchanges, had a take down (shame on Caldwell) and was also in top control for like 2-3 minutes in round 3 and delivered the only frickin GnP in the entire match.

Here is Horiguchi's highlights for the fight; compare this with Caldwell's lay and pray bullshit (Gooch's back wasn't even on the ground). I had to upload it on a Chinese site b/c of copyright. Get rid of the 6As after .com
https://v.youku.comAAAAAA/v_show/id_XNDIzMzQ5ODM4NA==.html?spm=a2h0j.11185381.listitem_page1.5~A
Horiguchi's sprawls and takedowns aren't to be ignored. That's continue bailing him out of difficult situations going forward.

Last edited:
Wanted to like him because he wrestled at NC State (I went wrestling camp there while in high school and won the takedown and regular wrestling tourney) but damn he comes off terrible in this clip.
<6>
I won the Kumite back in the day as well

Watch till the very end..

What the fuck you crying about bro? You had a terrible performance.

All you did was try to hold Horiguchi down, you literally did zero damage.

Kick rocks bud.

-HoFF.

View attachment 602119

Yeah he comes off like a salty asshole but.....

Dude didn't even get a chance to digest his performance.....he immediately had a guy in his face with a camera as he was headed toward the backstage area.

It's not like this was a scheduled interview an hour or two after this was surprise journalism.

The guy just lost his belt and is going through the raw emotions of the fight.....

God forbid someone did that to DC or mcnuggets ......wed have DC snot bubbling ugly crying and McGregor soiling himself in embarassment.

It's a bad look but in context hes just mad he lost.

I'm 6'4" and 190 lbs. I was a college lacrosse player. I keep myself active and in shape, drink no coffee, and even though I'm close to 50 years old, there ain't no 5'3" 110 lbs Chinese guy that can whoop me. Ever.

You living in the UFC 1 era?

You'd be tapping quicker then McGregor lol

@Hawkeye Mihawk

The use if the "N" word in African american culture comes from slavery.After emancipation black people used it as a unity kinda thing like "remember what we've been through".

It became much more prevalent with hip hop culture and rap music in the 90s.Gangster rap used the N word a ton and popularized it and changed the meaning to friends or homies but only blacks are supposed to be able to say it.

UK blacks try to imitate American culture with non of the meaning or origins behind it hence you being lost as to why it's used so commonly here.

Where was the flash knockdown? I'm not contradicting you I just missed that when I was watching the fight live and I'd like to know where it was so I can see it for myself.
Look at the link in my previous comment. It’s where the commentators say “Caldwell takes a wild swing but gets mauled by horiguchi” in round 3, at 2:08. You can hear the massive counter land but it’s easy to miss because it’s so fast (hard left hook right across the chin). It puts Caldwell on his ass and he tries to panic wrestle but gets stuffed and pushed right on his back. Commentators then comment “for this to happen, it tells me Darrion is tired” I think it’s more that he was rocked by that shot, no NCAA champs would get pushed over like that even if they are tired...

Last edited:
Look at the link in in my previous comment. It’s where the commentators say “Caldwell takes a wild swing but gets mauled by horiguchi” in round 3, at 2:08. You can hear the massive counter land but it’s easy to miss because it’s so fast (left hook). It puts Caldwell on his ass and he tries to panic wrestle but gets stuffed and pushed right on his back. Commentators then comment “this tell me Darrion is tired” I think it’s more that he was rocked by that shot, no NCAA champs would get pushed over like that...
One of these?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
One of these?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Excellent, thanks a lot. The first one is what I am talking about. Can you imagine this and that GnP not being in the DAZN highlight reel when they were the most exciting moments in the fight? Smh

Last edited:
im glad Dominick called him out for pulling guard

that shit was laughable

The Wolf is a joke. You don’t take your anger out on a camera guy. Don’t like losing in front of cameras? Then don’t compete in pro-MMA. Find a different career.

Poor or ignorant black people here have taken ownership of the word, so they use it liberally knowing other races can't or won't say it back whereby they would be able to label you a racist and given a pass to escalate things. Its like how swearing is usually socially restricted by age, use of the nword is socially restricted by race.

I'm in Detroit 2 days a week for work and white, a few places I go to I even get called it by some of the older black guys. You can tell by tone if its a term of endearment or insult. However if I were to say it back or even just quoting someone else with a group of people it could potentially start an altercation.

Caldwell seemed angrier walking away then he did fighting.
The ignorant accusing others of being ignorant. Do you really think only "poor and ignorant" black people use that word? I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you don't *actually* know black people.

Darrion seems like a cool guy from just about everything I've seen from him. I just think he's an overly emotional loser.

Lost to a legit 125er! Does not look good by any means,...…."You never go full John Fitch!" but he did! Blankator in the house! ………………………...This is what I said would happen! Blanketfest 2019! I told you to use Tyrell Fortune but you did not listen!

Ignorance is simply not knowing and a lot of poor people are in rough situations where they aren't in a position to be educated. Neither of those things are meant to be derogatory or negative, simply more descriptive of the demographic. For example in academic institutions in my state I've heard it much less from black people.

I'm generalizing for my area because its overwhelmingly used by blacks, followed distantly by racist whites. Are you arguing that its common for whites, Asians, middle eastern, etc. to liberally use that word in a non racist manner? Its not a positive word.
Suggesting that it's only poor or ignorant people that use the word is stupid and racist. There are tons of black people that are well off, intelligent and educated and they still call each other that. It's a cultural thing and it's okay to acknowledge that you don't understand it, but it's not okay to group together everyone that says it as "poor and ignorant black people."

Definitely some vintage Hendricks hugging, put your forehead against your opponents cup and hug them legs against the fence. Try and breathe, breathe in that cupsmell. It's the Hendricks hug. But yeah Caldwell just gassed and quit in there. Cruz looked disgusted.

@Hawkeye Mihawk

The use if the "N" word in African american culture comes from slavery.After emancipation black people used it as a unity kinda thing like "remember what we've been through".

It became much more prevalent with hip hop culture and rap music in the 90s.Gangster rap used the N word a ton and popularized it and changed the meaning to friends or homies but only blacks are supposed to be able to say it.

UK blacks try to imitate American culture with non of the meaning or origins behind it hence you being lost as to why it's used so commonly here.

The younger generations here in the US use it pretty liberally regardless of race or background. Go to any park, mall, sporting event and notice mixed groups of kids all calling each other the N word.....hispanics, blacks, whites, and asians using it casually in just about any conversation or context. They don't get tripped up over the racial meaning behind it, instead using it to address one another. On one hand they've taken a lot of power away from the word, on the other hand some may worry that they're forgetting or being careless with it's origins. Kind of a catch 22.

The younger generations here in the US use it pretty liberally regardless of race or background. Go to any park, mall, sporting event and notice mixed groups of kids all calling each other the N word.....hispanics, blacks, whites, and asians using it casually in just about any conversation or context. They don't get tripped up over the racial meaning behind it, instead using it to address one another. On one hand they've taken a lot of power away from the word, on the other hand some may worry that they're forgetting or being careless with it's origins. Kind of a catch 22.

It's still not ok for whites to say it,I've seen countless people get beat up or at the least cussed out for saying it.

Other races still imitate blacks and get away with it when given permission by black friends but white people still cant say it.

If theres a whiteboy saying it in a group of blacks and its accepted......stay away from him cuz hes a psycho lol.

Back