Media David "Tank" Abbott on Jaxxon Podcast

Same! it was something new and back in those days it was different, it was so raw and real.

I used to always get the UFC VHS from Blockbuster and I would watch the tape like 5 times before taking it back lol. I kind of lost interest around UFC 22... and didn't watch it for a few years but I started watching again around UFC 35 time. But I hated all the rules changes, they removed so many things, it was a totally different sport, but still calling it Ultimate Fighting (which I found weird) lol
that's funny....I used to rent from a rental store too, and just make copies, and they showed it on TV on Saturday and Sundays sometimes where I lived. Martial arts was my life as a kid, so this was the shizzle then, I was very invested. It was a nice change of pace from watching martial arts movies to seeing dudes throw down for real.

Joe Rogan said Rampage was the funniest guy in the UFC, which makes sense because he also said Schaub was a great standup comedian.

Reactions: mkt
This is much better .....revisiting and taking in 10min at a time....at this rate i should be finished w this episode in like 20 days

one of my dream fights would be
in prime
Tank vs Fedor

Oh ok... I can accept that you don't like his personality (I totally disagree, he's hilarious), but if you didn't like him as a fighter... you just aren't a fan of MMA.

but if you didn't like him as a fighter... you just aren't a fan of MMA.

Literally one of the most exciting fighters of all time. Dumping dudes on their heads in King of the Cage and Pride. Knocking out K-1 fighters. The guy was amazing.
Fortunately no one made you the Queen of Determining Real MMA Fans. Rampage was more exciting in the first half of his career, but his style isn't among the most exciting in my book. He had pretty good boxing and wrestling and relied heavily on his strength, explosiveness and chin.

Tank is the Original!
Fuck that BMF McDonalds WWE Belt.
Tank was the prototype for the modern MMA fighter. Badass and didn't give a fuck. Also the first to wear MMA style gloves in the Octagon.
giphy.gif

View attachment 1042147
Tank was pretty one dimensional. Frank Shamrock was the prototype.

Tank had literally no chance in that fight.
Id still like to see an in prime Tank get throttled

Bc during his prime he was the white Tyson and seemed unstoppable The UFC owed a debt to Tank bc he definitely assisted getting the UFC off the ground initially

We NEVER missed his fights

His appearance is really throwing me off lol

He looks like an average accountant

Tank really looks like a senior citizen from Florida here....you could never say that he was once such a killer.

Tank looking much healthier these days, good to see.

I'm not trying to be funny, but I thought he died a few years ago. I'm glad he's around and doing well, but wtf is going on with my memory these days? I'm not even old.

Never cared for Rampage, but it is cool to see a lot of the old school fighters and listening to their stories.

What an interesting crossover, I'm going to assume this is NSFW and save for later.

Tank looks great!

Tank is the Original!
Fuck that BMF McDonalds WWE Belt.
Tank was the prototype for the modern MMA fighter. Badass and didn't give a fuck. Also the first to wear MMA style gloves in the Octagon.
giphy.gif

"Britney Spears is kinda cute!"

I'm not trying to be funny, but I thought he died a few years ago. I'm glad he's around and doing well, but wtf is going on with my memory these days? I'm not even old.
On death's door with liver and kidney transplants, and had some near-death, fading in-and-out-life things during the process. But he's alive now and doing better.

Or maybe you're thinking of Kimo? He's still alive but there was a rumor 7 or 8 years ago he OD'd on drugs. It turned out to be false.

I'm gonna try to watch some of this. Hopefully the co-host doesn't interject with his nonstop ball sucking of Rampage and whatever guest they have on at the time.
He just has to talk 33%-50% less and the podcast is perfect

Tank had literally no chance in that fight.
Nor did anyone from Tank's generation. The guys who started in 1995 and earlier were the pioneers. By the early 2000s, they were older and worn out. The new generation (Fedor, Big Nog, Mir, Cro-Cop, Sylvia, etc.) stood on their shoulders, learned from their successes and mistakes, had better cross-training, etc.

Joe Rogan said Rampage was the funniest guy in the UFC, which makes sense because he also said Schaub was a great standup comedian.
Tank was funnier but Joe probably has PTSD memories from this.

Back