DAZN lands US broadcast rights to Canelo Alvarez fights

DAZN has usurped ESPN+ spot. Nobody's going to sub to ESPN+ app just for boxing alone anymore.

I would like one of them to air cards from Japan, Russia and France though. I think DAZN signed some deals to air more British boxing but those are some of the easiest fights to stream or replay online already. It's the fights from those aforementioned regions that need attention.

I'm sure they could make some sort of deal with a promotion partnership that covers major cards from Russia, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan. And there's only like 2 major promoters (Ohashi and Teiken) and TV networks (Fuji and TBS) in Japan that hold world title fights. Would much rather watch those than local British boxing that we could easily watch online on a SkySports or BTsports stream anyways.
I’m enjoying the British cards so far. Matchroom UK is top notch; Matchroom US isn’t quite there yet, but I’m confident it will improve. WBSS aired cards from Japan and Russia recently, but it would be nice to see more international events.

I’m enjoying the British cards so far. Matchroom UK is top notch; Matchroom US isn’t quite there yet, but I’m confident it will improve. WBSS aired cards from Japan and Russia recently, but it would be nice to see more international events.

Those British cards are easy to find online already. There's streams for Sky and BT in crisp quality.

I am not talking about WBSS, or a card being "held" in those countries per se. But the numerous talent "from" there including world title fights. Japan hosts like 2 dozen world title fights every year from lower-weight divisions that are not covered in the West.

Russia, Central Asia and France have fewer world title fights, but they have a really good local talent pool and regional title fights. I'm more so focused on the talent rather than the regional belts. I just want to see talent from other corners of the world that isn't Anglo-Mexican!!!

I didn’t want to subscribe to DAZN, but it looks inevitable now.

SWEET MERCIFUL McGUILLICUTTY!

"Canelo Alvarez’s next 11 fights will be available to watch on DAZN. The 28-year-old finalized his deal with the streaming service Wednesday, and it sounds like he’s going to make a ton of money in the process.

How much? Well, if the reported figures are to be believed, Alvarez just signed the biggest contract in the history of sports. While the official figure hasn’t been released just yet, outlets are reporting the deal is worth at least $365 million."

https://sports.yahoo.com/canelo-alv...illion-deal-dazn-stream-fights-171455383.html

<{Joewithit}>

Supposedly, this is an exceptionally lucrative deal for Canelo.
This boxer just signed the richest sports contract in history
"Canelo Alvarez, 28, agreed to a five-year, 11-fight contract with streaming platform DAZN on Wednesday that will pay him a minimum of $365 million, according to a press release. The contract shatters the existing record established in 2014 by New York Yankees slugger Giancarlo Stanton’s $325 million contract."

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez says he has signed a "historic" contract after agreeing a £278m ($365m) deal with streaming service DAZN.

The Mexican, who holds the WBA and WBC world middleweight titles, has signed a five-year, 11-fight deal that could be the most lucrative in sports history.

I didn’t want to subscribe to DAZN, but it looks inevitable now.

It could be a revolution in live events, or it could be a huge white elephant.

Interesting times.

Not just boxing on DAZN though.

Back