DC and Weight Gate - do you really care?

Too much salt. Save it for a DC victory.
I like DC and was rooting for him. My opinion changed when I witnessed the video footage of cheating. I actually like both guys and simply wish for a great fight. I don't hate or dislike DC. I just think cheating is wrong, and I think Daniel is better than that and I fully expect these sorts of things to not be ignored by both the promotion and the commission and even some of the media.

Championship weight has been a thing for as long as I've watched the sport, and suddenly today it doesn't matter and anyone who noticed it is a "pussy" and "salty".

What the fuck is going on with this sport?

This board is literally filled with people who are saying "I don't care if he cheated" and "fuck weight classes" and "fuck the scale". I've honestly never seen this happen before.

It's just simply more evidence that the sport as a whole is unprofessional and a large majority of the "fans" are mindless meatheads who just wanna see people bang.

Not really but the fighters shouldn't be able to see their weight. You could tell he was pushing down until he hit the magical 205. You'd think the observers would question how was he loosing weight while he was on the scale.

Seriously, MMA fighters are the most unprofessional athletes in the world. It's ridiculous.

Well, when you consider the fact that MOST of them grew up as a troubled kid that got into plenty of street fights, it really isn't that shocking.

Bisping
Garbrandt
Mayhem
Lee freaking Murray

I could go on for days!

What exactly needs to be fixed? Blatant cheating of not properly weighing in under the supervision of the commission?

I'm not sure why you're trying to rationalize cheating and convincing yourself "it's ok". Cheating is cheating, he did it right in front of everyone and we're witnessing these professional avenues simply pretending it didn't happen,

What needs to be fixed? How about someone responsible around the fighter making weight? ;) How about getting rid of the ridiculous fucking towel? DC exposed that. I'm happy it happened. Did he cheat? Sure.

What needs to be fixed? How about someone responsible around the fighter making weight? ;) How about getting rid of the ridiculous fucking towel? DC exposed that. I'm happy it happened. Did he cheat? Sure.
They were there. That's the whole issue here, is that he cheated under the supervision of the commission. And the promotion and the media. Everybody witnessed it.

The fight was happening anyway, just not for the belt, would have loved to see the ufc getting fucked out of a titleshot main event.

Im headed to Buffalo tomorrow so I am pumped the fight is on. On the other hand I am cheering for Rumble and am guaranteed to be slightly salty if DC wins after this...

They were there. That's the whole issue here, is that he cheated under the supervision of the commission. And the promotion and the media. Everybody witnessed it.

The whole towel thing is ridiculous, medieval practice. I'm glad it got ridiculed.

I'm very very happy the fight's still on. I don't even think it's particularly unfair. For all we know, Rumble could weigh more in the cage than DC. I like fights, so I want to see this fight.

I care about the potential corruption though. And I care about the incompetence that prompts the need for this corruption (that weight cutting still exists).

We have weight classes and we have rules you have to follow the rules if you want to be champion

If we are not going to have rules then why have weight classes he signed a contract to weigh 205 or less.

I dont really care at all. I want to see a good fight.

Animationdffffffff.gif

Don't care one bit so long as hes close. Bunch of drama queens pretending to care.

Pretty sure DC gets stripped and Rumble can still win the title If that happened.

I don't think that's the case...it would be so stupid. A title fight where only 1 guy can win the title? So if DC wins the belt is just vacated and no one has it???
And then of course the next fight for the vacated belt would have to include DC....so wtf do you do then? so messy im glad it worked out

I dont understand how people can bitch about this.

So you're saying you want the fight canceled or what??

Do I acknowledge that he cheated? OF COURSE!!!

Do I care? Hell No I get to watch a title fight tomorrow night while drinking beer.

I dont understand how people can bitch about this.

So you're saying you want the fight canceled or what??

The fight wouldn't be cancel you idiot. They would still fight but Dc would have to give up 20% of his purse and he might even get stripe of his belt, since that would be the second time he fuck up against Rumble

Not really. Glad its for the title. Now Rumble needs to do his part so we can see him fight Jones!!!

I like DC and was rooting for him. My opinion changed when I witnessed the video footage of cheating. I actually like both guys and simply wish for a great fight. I don't hate or dislike DC. I just think cheating is wrong, and I think Daniel is better than that and I fully expect these sorts of things to not be ignored by both the promotion and the commission and even some of the media.

Championship weight has been a thing for as long as I've watched the sport, and suddenly today it doesn't matter and anyone who noticed it is a "pussy" and "salty".

What the fuck is going on with this sport?

This board is literally filled with people who are saying "I don't care if he cheated" and "fuck weight classes" and "fuck the scale". I've honestly never seen this happen before.

It's just simply more evidence that the sport as a whole is unprofessional and a large majority of the "fans" are mindless meatheads who just wanna see people bang.
Not to be confused with evidence of perspective.

I hope you don't watch the nightly news.

Back