DC and Weight Gate - do you really care?

UFC lost its legitimacy long long time ago. This is just another circus attraction.

If he misses weight it becomes a non-title fight and that 20% could end up being way less at the end of the day than he gets by being in a title fight and potentially being the champ. Trust me, it is best for Rumble that this title fight is happening.

Rumble would probably rather have the fight be for the title than get the extra money.

If one competitor misses weight in a title fight, the title is still on the line for his opponent. It happens prettt frequently in boxing

The fight wouldn't be cancel you idiot. They would still fight but Dc would have to give up 20% of his purse and he might even get stripe of his belt, since that would be the second time he fuck up against Rumble
You only give up 20% purse when you miss weight and don't make it at all and the other guy has a choice of continuing( if he never makes 205 then its a non title fight) in a non title and get 20% purse. Or declining and fights off.

Under the NY rules for championship bouts DC had 2 hours after the towel incident to lose the 1.2 lbs. Which would have been easy as fuck and Rumble wouldn't have gotten the 20% purse either way.

So again bitching about the towel shit makes no sense because if they took his hands off and he weighed in at 206 lbs he would have simply lost it within 2 hours and its business as usual you fucking liberal pussy.

If one competitor misses weight in a title fight, the title is still on the line for his opponent. It happens prettt frequently in boxing
I've only seen it with vacant titles in MMA. Like when Filho missed weight Chael didn't get the belt.

I've watched a lot of boxing in my life, I can't think of one time when the champ or challenger missed weight and it was still a title fight. It was always a nontitle fight when either guy missed weight unless it was a vacant title. But I haven't watched much boxing recently.

Last edited:
No not even one bit
Been a long time since a LHW title fight

UFC lost its legitimacy long long time ago. This is just another circus attraction.

That's probably an issue for me, I'v never bought into the AC's as these incorruptible bodies that years of UFC hype sold to a lot of the fanbase so theres not much trust to undermine.

Compared to dodgy reffing/judging and questions about testing I think this is very much weaksauce when it comes to the spirit of the law, I thought the same with all the GSP/Diaz talk, the Hendricks decision was 1000 times more important.

I don't give a damn how he did it. How about you?
Just let them bang, bro.

I care!
DC talking about AJ being week midden and breaking in fights is some how ironic when DC is the one breaking before the fight. DC had two hours to cut after the botched weight cut and he chose to cheat insted of putting in the work.
Plus this is interesting from a gambling point of view.
Plus its interesting to see how NY is failing hard at this comission thing. AJ lost 2 extra pounds cuz of scale issues witch means that there is a 3,2 pounds weight difference for a title fight because of comission incompetence. I care!

I care to the point that I feel like we are back in 2007 in regards to athletic commissions.

Each commission can have their own set of rules regarding weigh-ins.

If I'm a fighter that cuts a lot of weight, I'm going to pay attention to making sure I fight in a state that has a lax commission and avoid fighting in states that have concrete rules and enforcement.

Same if I'm a promoter, manager, or trainer.

NY looked like they were just winging it. I am sure other fighters are now on the phone asking Dana to ensure their next fight is in NY.

I care that Rumble is getting fucked out of 20% of DCs purse. That's bullshit.

Also a little shitty that he now gets to have a weight advantage.

All that said I'm glad they're still fighting for the title.

lol 0.02 weight advantage

I care that Rumble is getting fucked out of 20% of DCs purse. That's bullshit.

Also a little shitty that he now gets to have a weight advantage.

All that said I'm glad they're still fighting for the title.

Yeah, I'm glad they're still fighting for the title too. Rumble's fine with it. In New York, the fight wouldn't have been on if Cormier was over by a pound. So 100% of Rumble's agreed upon purse is a a lot more than 20% of his agreed upon purse. I'm glad they both want the fight.

I care!
DC talking about AJ being week midden and breaking in fights is some how ironic when DC is the one breaking before the fight. DC had two hours to cut after the botched weight cut and he chose to cheat insted of putting in the work.
Plus this is interesting from a gambling point of view.
Plus its interesting to see how NY is failing hard at this comission thing. AJ lost 2 extra pounds cuz of scale issues witch means that there is a 3,2 pounds weight difference for a title fight because of comission incompetence. I care!

How do you know Cormier didn't go backstage and take a huge dump, talk with Rumble, give blood, vomit, run on a treadmill, tell them to put fresh batteries in the scale, remove his pants and / or get an enema?

Yes, I care.

I care that this is still going to be a title fight. I'm glad DC was able to cheat. Rumble probably is too.

Besides, towelgate is funny, LOL.

I don't care at all but it is fun to talk about. The title being on the line is the right thing, even if DC was slightly over.

If a fighter says they can't make the final few lbs or else the fight will be called off ... let their opponent decide. In this case we have a champ not making weight without help from pressing down on a towel.

Everybody seems happy this is still a title fight. It's the UFC's belt to give to whoever they want. If the champ comes in over that shouldn't stop it from being a title shot.

If the contender comes in over, like Travis Lutter vs Anderson Silva ... they shouldn't be able to win the title.

Well, if a fighter is obviously cheating, he is making it a little harder to root for him

I feel for rumble if he didn't make weight. The title would be in limbo because they would have to do another rematch and DC is taking longer each time in between fights, I think he's probably ready to let go of the title

The only people that care are the same nerds that had this weird hatred of DC for no reason to begin with. Now in their minds they actually have a legitimate (even though in reality it's complete illegitimate) reason to parade around hating DC because he reminds them of the guy that beat them up in high school. Lmao...don't worry dorks, it doesn't get better.

Back