DC and Weight Gate - do you really care?

i could care less that dc leaned on a towel to make weight id be more pissed if the fight was off

you guys do know that there going to weigh more than 205 when they fight and that one of them is going to have a weight advantage over the other by more than 1.2 pounds

they should of done this with tony and kabib and thats probably what dana meant by when he said the fight could of happen if kabibs team came to them instead of going to a random hospital

I think it's just amateur hour by the guys running the weigh ins. Instantly someone should have yelled for him to move his hands.

Lets just say I don't want to hear this guy standing on his moral high ground anymore with Jones. Jones now has something to throw back in his face.

I care about the fact that we have representatives of the NYSAC just standing there doing nothing when a guy is so obviously cheating on the scale. I mean, it's a bit concerning that they are too retarded to see what is going on right in front of their eyes.

I didn't know the towel thing would matter. But I am not paid to know these things. It is not my job to understand how that could affect the scale. They really fucked up..

No one should care.

It's prize fighting.

Guys have openly talked about using PED's.

Guys still use PED's.

Guys threw nut shots and headbutts during the VT days.

Let them use and do whatever they want.

I don't care but when you shit on Khabib and make a big deal about everyone else than be consistent. All i care about is that fights happen and i could give 2 shits what each fighter is on as there has never and will never be an even playing field.

I find it funny how Hendricks had to give Gastelum (somebody who missed weight by 10lbs 2 fights prior) 20% of his purse for missing by 1.2lbs but DC doesn't get anything. No fine, Keeps his belt and they even helped him cheat... Then to make things even worse people are defending him...

Hendricks missed weight by a quarter pound and gave Gastelum 20% of his purse. DC missed weight by 1.2 and people are defending him lol.

Yes the highly dehydrated DC that could barely stand up went and took a 1.2lb piss...
lol...yeah, I did think about that being a glaring hole in my argument. Props to you for pointing it out so eloquently and humorously

1. It's shady as hell and undermines the integrity of the UFC and the NYSAC
2. I am beyond sick of weight cutting being a part of the sport. There is a better way to create divisions for relative sized guys.

No one cares about the effect of one or two pounds over but every sane person should be worried about a corrupt supervisor.

don't care at all.

1. i like DC
2. fight is still on
3. still a title fight

i like both guys, i just want a good fight and hope DC's weight problems aren't a factor in the cage.

Hendricks missed weight by a quarter pound and gave Gastelum 20% of his purse. DC missed weight by 1.2 and people are defending him lol.
Also Gastelum actually accepted it, meanwhile Woodley let Gastelum keep the 20% when he missed weight by 10lbs... People also still defend Gastelum too. He fucked over Cerrone and Now Anderson Silva because he has zero discipline yet people still defend him. As for DC, him missing weight at 205 would be like DJ not being able to make 155.

I don't give a damn how he did it. How about you?
Just let them bang, bro.
Sets a really shitty precedent for the sport and absolutely delegitimizes it. So yea i care and so should any fan. Weight classes exist for a reason and if a damn champion is too unprofessional to make weight there needs to be consequences.

I care that Rumble is getting fucked out of 20% of DCs purse. That's bullshit.

Also a little shitty that he now gets to have a weight advantage.

All that said I'm glad they're still fighting for the title.

Well, in all honesty, you don't know that he didn't just go outside for a quick shit.

Well, in all honesty, you don't know that he didn't just go outside for a quick shit.

A 2 minute shit? If he had anything in his body to shit it would have happened way before he stepped on the scale.

And you can clearly see him pushing down on the towel, it isn't even debatable. It's a well known old wrestling trick, and there are now tons of videos of people online showing it done losing even several pounds.

Again, Khabib only gets that because his fight was pulled at last minute and it ruined the card for a lot of people.

That's not the case in this setting.

Those people are irrelevant.

These aren't slaves for your entertainment these fighters fighting to be the best. You GET to watch so the fact that people felt it "ruined" the card doesn't matter. That's their problem.

I think it's fine that DC gets to fight but don't ever bitch about fighters not making weight ever again since DC can cheat his way through it.

Back