DC is in GOAT discussion but Tyson isnt a top 10 heavyweight.

Mikes old now.....

And still no smart man would dare mess with him hes obvi top 10

Tyson couldn’t beat the top 2 guys of his era, Lennox Lewis & Evander Holyfield. Plus he lost to a huge underdog Buster Douglas while in his prime.

Tyson was exciting but was beating overinflated light heavyweights or over the hill heavyweights (Holmes, Berbick) until he faced the best of his era, who dominated him.
Tyson fought both far outside of his prime. To compare post-prison Tyson to pre-prison Tyson is absurd. He had completely abandoned his style and defense to become a flat footed brawler.
And his loss to Douglas was the stars aligning for Buster. There is a well documented story of Mike spending the night before the fight partying with Bobby Brown.

Anybody that believes Mike Tyson is a top 10 all time HW is either retarded or on drugs and quite possibly both

Prime cus trained Mike Tyson would mop the floor with just about any heavyweight that ever lived.
I wont put Tyson in the top 10 because his career doesnt deserve it, but prime for prime he hed take anyone save maybe Ali.
Frazier? Dempsey? Tunney? Norton? No

I take it back and I think young foreman would of did well against him. He handled Frazier like a child and Tyson is Frazier but better at everything

Mate how high are you lol

That LHW beat Larry Holmes and weight almost the same amount as Tyson on fight night.

This plus Larry Holmes is better than half of that list. Man gets no respect

This plus Larry Holmes is better than half of that list. Man gets no respect
Yeah Larry Holmes was a beast. Having RJJ twice was rather odd all things considered. One of my least popular opinions is RJJ would defeat most heavyweights ever but I would never put him on my top 10.

Norton beat Ali pal, broke his jaw, and many thought he deserved the decision in their last 2 fights. He was a great fighter that would have been champ in another era. I don't even think you have seen him fight, or know ANYTHING about the sport..

Ha. I’m aware.
I meant to say whoever stepped in the ring with Ali gets regarded higher than they should based on their individual accomplishments.
Norton is massively overrated due to that.

I’m not saying he wasn’t good. I’m saying he shouldn’t be in any top 10 hw

How many of you agree with this?

If so, please explain your reasoning.

Tyson: youngest heavyweight champ in history, UNIFIED the title and DEFENDED it NINE times...went to prison, came out and became heavyweight champ AGAIN.

Cormier: Won a Strikeforce Grand Prix, beat Rumble Johnson twice and Stipe.

I don't quite understand the question.

Tyson is without question an all time great heavyweight.

Cormier has won 7 UFC title fights across two weight classes as well as the Strikeforce HW GP and King of the Cage HW Title.

There's only a handful of UFC fighters who have won and defended in multiple weightclasses.

Tyson fought both far outside of his prime. To compare post-prison Tyson to pre-prison Tyson is absurd. He had completely abandoned his style and defense to become a flat footed brawler.
And his loss to Douglas was the stars aligning for Buster. There is a well documented story of Mike spending the night before the fight partying with Bobby Brown.
Lewis & Holyfield were both older than Tyson. It’s not their fault he was locked up. He had a few fights plus ample time in training camp to prepare. He simply could not beat either fighter, hence him being the 3rd best heavyweight of his era.

Lewis & Holyfield were both older than Tyson. It’s not their fault he was locked up. He had a few fights plus ample time in training camp to prepare. He simply could not beat either fighter, hence him being the 3rd best heavyweight of his era.
I guess you are unaware how everyone ages differently in terms of physical primes. And also unaware that Tyson was a completely different fighter in every way after prison. Well he still had the power but that was it.
Tyson hit his prime at an unusually young age and it was only about 5 years. Remember by his 24th birthday Tyson already had 39 fights. At the same age Lewis had 3.
I think that sums it up.

Ha. I’m aware.
I meant to say whoever stepped in the ring with Ali gets regarded higher than they should based on their individual accomplishments.
Norton is massively overrated due to that.

I’m not saying he wasn’t good. I’m saying he shouldn’t be in any top 10 hw
Well, according to your previous post you weren't aware, you asked who he had beaten to deserve to be in the top. Norton fought in the toughest time to be a HW in history, and got less recognition because of it, but it doesn't mean he wasn't great, and doesn't mean he wouldn't have been champ in most other eras. I don't even know where you got this alleged reason that people are highly regarded- because they fought Ali? How come Gerry Quarry isn't highly regarded, and all of the other people Ali fought in his 60-70 fights? That's ridiculous.

If you are saying a fighter shouldn't be highly regarded that had a great career, broke Ali's jaw and beat him, fought to 2 other virtual draw's with Ali, and was the HW champ until a razor close split decision loss to prime Holmes, than you clearly know nothing about boxing. I am going to speculate that you have never even watched a whole Norton fight.

Well, according to your previous post you weren't aware, you asked who he had beaten to deserve to be in the top. Norton fought in the toughest time to be a HW in history, and got less recognition because of it, but it doesn't mean he wasn't great, and doesn't mean he wouldn't have been champ in most other eras. I don't even know where you got this alleged reason that people are highly regarded- because they fought Ali? How come Gerry Quarry isn't highly regarded, and all of the other people Ali fought in his 60-70 fights? That's ridiculous.

If you are saying a fighter shouldn't be highly regarded that had a great career, broke Ali's jaw and beat him, fought to 2 other virtual draw's with Ali, and was the HW champ until a razor close split decision loss to prime Holmes, than you clearly know nothing about boxing. I am going to speculate that you have never even watched a whole Norton fight.

Name Norton’s top wins. And then you reflect on if he’s a top 10 hw of all time.

When you respond on a phone
It’s not difficult for a typo.
Name why Norton. Is top 10 and the. I’ll tell you a dozen reasons why he’s not.

Do you rate Lyle as a top 20 hw. What about foreman? Is he in your top 10?

Go on. List Norton’s and whoever the fuck else as a top 10 ten.

Edit. Who has norton beat. Who would justify him being in the top 10. ...

Go on rattle
Those legendary names Norton’s beat.
Norton is a legend name his top wins and the decade he won those fights and anyone who’s observed the sport will laugh at you.

But you have no skin in the game. Norton has no quality wins that’s why I bring up Ali.

You will be told who is great as you can’t decipher it for yourself.

You’re like he would destroy Pierre coitzer.

I’m like. You know dick nor ass about boxing as you rank Norton in your top 10 greatest fighters at hw.

In a just society I would spin you around place a pole in your ass keep spinning you feed you Arby’s while you vomit all over yourself. And I’d partake In the Arby’s. And fountain shit on you.
I would wrench on your throat like a toad or a piece of gak. Or play doh.
Leave you face down with a funnel up your butt. Metaphysically speaking.

As your a goo. Who ranks. Orrin high on despite not beating anyone worth a fuck.

“Oh but the ali era “. A 230lb. Man broke a guys jaw. Zoinks.!!

Last edited:
Dc is top 10 p4p ever but he isn’t in the goat argument imo, goat argument is either gsp,jones, silva or fedor

you realize these are two different sports. holy shit wtf. I mean Tim Sylvia is damn near in the ufc hw goat discussion, of course DC is.

HW boxing has a BIT more history and greatness throughout that history than fucking HW mma

Name Norton’s top wins. And then you reflect on if he’s a top 10 hw of all time.

When you respond on a phone
It’s not difficult for a typo.
Name why Norton. Is top 10 and the. I’ll tell you a dozen reasons why he’s not.

Do you rate Lyle as a top 20 hw. What about foreman? Is he in your top 10?

Go on. List Norton’s and whoever the fuck else as a top 10 ten.

Edit. Who has norton beat. Who would justify him being in the top 10. ...

Go on rattle
Those legendary names Norton’s beat.
Norton is a legend name his top wins and the decade he won those fights and anyone who’s observed the sport will laugh at you.

But you have no skin in the game. Norton has no quality wins that’s why I bring up Ali.

You will be told who is great as you can’t decipher it for yourself.

You’re like he would destroy Pierre coitzer.

I’m like. You know dick nor ass about boxing as you rank Norton in your top 10 greatest fighters at hw.

In a just society I would spin you around place a pole in your ass keep spinning you feed you Arby’s while you vomit all over yourself. And I’d partake In the Arby’s. And fountain shit on you.
I would wrench on your throat like a toad or a piece of gak. Or play doh.
Leave you face down with a funnel up your butt. Metaphysically speaking.

As your a goo. Who ranks. Orrin high on despite not beating anyone worth a fuck.

“Oh but the ali era “. A 230lb. Man broke a guys jaw. Zoinks.!!
Didn't read the whole post because it wasn't worth my time, just skimmed. You need to find something to do with your time since you have time to write posts that are this long. When you find something to do, make it growth-oriented so that you will mature out of this sort of adolescent banter, and actually be worth having a conversation with.

Can't believe Tyson is not in the all-time top 10 list recently published.

Name Tysons 3 biggest wins.

Even the worst in the NBA, NHL, NFL look like HOF'ers against minor leaguers.

Teddy Atlas was right about Tyson. Always a frontrunner.

Heavyweight GOAT is the baddest man on the planet.... Cormier got DESTROYED twice by Jones disqualifies him he's good but not the GOAT.

Back