Crime De’Von Bailey police shooting. Edit: settlement of 3 million reached.

I have no problem with the shooting. The victim knows them, gave descriptions that describe him down the light Afro and facial hair, he runs and is all over his waist. And the other one was fat.

Now, I just want to see the transcripts of the officer’s words followed by Bailey saying “uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh”

Cold? Maybe. But this guy was a piece of shit. Scheduled trial for raping a child and they definitely robbed that other kid.

Amazing how all these white kids commit mass murder and almost every one is apprehended without incident. Yet a black man hurts nobody, is running, and they have no choice but to execute him. America gonna America

You idiot...a black man just SHOT SIX COPS in Philly and got taken alive.

2ccebb59-3a4c-4d7c-ab83-85e6ef4c53bf-AP_APTOPIX_Philadelphia_Gunman_Standoff.JPG

No word on whether he got offered Burger King or not.

Did they shoot him because they thought he had a gun, or because he ran? If it was the first it becomes a discussion about if he was a immediate threat, and a good argument could be made since he was pulling around his waistband the way he was. If they shot because he ran away, then this was a bad shooting.

Neither officer calls out that they thought he had a gun at the time of the shooting.

If he was suspected of stealing from a store or just beating the guy up, he would not have been shot. They chase, and he either gets away or he doesn’t. But the gun was described as were these two, and running while grabbing at his waist, where the gun was kept, he was going for that gun. No question about it. To throw or hide it, or to use it, not sure, and he didn’t say “uhhhhhhhhhhhhh” doesn’t tell me much. Fuck the protesters that will add this shitheel’s name to that list of people killed by police.

2ccebb59-3a4c-4d7c-ab83-85e6ef4c53bf-AP_APTOPIX_Philadelphia_Gunman_Standoff.JPG

It all depends on how the suspect chooses to go out. If they give up, they live. It’s. That. Fucking. Simple. Dylan roof gave up. So did parkland shooter and the guy in Walmart. Dayton shooter got dealt with because he did not give up. This clown Bailey ran after an armed robbery and did not give up. Oh, boohoo, he was shot in the back and dindunuffin, wrong.

I will have to see if it is still in my browser history. I read many articles on this incident.

I'm just saying, if the officers put that in a report, they lied. They don't intimate any knowledge that he actually had a gun until his lungs were mostly full of blood. I would say that he certainly didn't brandish a weapon at them before he ran.

I think that's the word so he's a pedo (probably felon) in illegal possession of a firearm alleged to have robbed someone at gun point.

Scheduled trial for pedo. But def not able to have a gun while in bond for a felony.

I'm just saying, if the officers put that in a report, they lied. They don't intimate any knowledge that he actually had a gun until his lungs were mostly full of blood. I would say that he certainly didn't brandish a weapon at them before he ran.

I read it in the article that he had displayed a gun. But it was vague. Maybe they were referring to his display of the gun during the robbery? But I did not specifically read that officers said he showed them a gun. The info was not all out yet and I was trying to look at all possibles. But i know that they had already watched that video, and would never say he pointed a firearm at them when they knew that wasn’t on video. Again, this was when this story was first breaking, so info was incomplete. I read a lot of articles and can’t find exactly which one claimed he displayed the gun. But I am thinking that they meant during the robbery.

My job requires me to do this.... ALLEGEDLY committed the robbery. He hadn't been prosecuted yet for that crime. I understand he was named and matched the description but it was still just "allegedly" at that stage. May very well been as allegedly OJ killed Nicole but still, hadn't been proven yet.

This was minutes after the crime allegedly occurred. And guess what, they were right. He was going for a gun. If he did not have one, they would be fucked and I would agree. If this had been hours later, I would be like “ahhhhhhhhh, maybe not” but I have no prob with this shoot.

I still don’t like the shot in the back aspect, but based on TN v Garner and Graham v Conor, I think it is justified. He kept reaching for that left pocket as officers tell him to keep his hands up. When he runs, his hands are only in his waist. The first part, where he reaches towards that pocket is what we call a “subconscious cue” as it relates to body language. As soon as you say “we are going to search you” if a person is carrying something they don’t want the cops to find, they move a hand or turn their body to protect that side. I have seen it so many times. The body language on this guy is telling from the start.

Was he planning to throw the gun, or use it? We will never know, only that he had a gun and was reaching for it as he ran.

And the protesters are not just upset, now they claim they are angry. “He didn’t have to die.” Nope, they rarely do, but they make the choices that lead to their death. Had he simply done what the officers had told him to, he would be in jail or out on bond, but definitely not dead by the hands of the officers.

One further question, isn't the word ''necessary'' part of the TN v Garner ruling? As in lethal force was necessary?

One out of how many? Also notice something about that cop? Might explain things

Bailey had a gun

Resisting arrest

Attempted to flee the scene

Shot dead.

Nothing to see here. Cops did their job.

Bailey had a gun

Resisting arrest

Attempted to flee the scene

Shot dead.

Nothing to see here. Cops did their job.

Most are able to break this down as such.

Unfortunately, we have a climate of hatred of police in this country ...especially by the left.

This is a no brainer here and look again who the left is siding with

It has nothing to do with siding with a criminal, it is about police conduct. It is not ok to shoot a fleeing person in the back, unless they present an immediate danger.
Armed criminal running from his federal crime.
Nobody like that has ever taken hostages or jacked a car.

Guy didn't need to be in society with the rest of us who give a shit about laws and communities

Armed criminal running from his federal crime.
Nobody like that has ever taken hostages or jacked a car.

Guy didn't need to be in society with the rest of us who give a shit about laws and communities

Again, this isnt difficult to grasp. This guy could have easily car jacked someone, led authorities on a high speed chase ending in a horrific car crash killing several innocent civilians.
The left's obsession with defending pieces of criminal shit should repel more voters.

No one should side with Warren, Sanders and harris after their disgusting words about officer Wilson.

Again, this isnt difficult to grasp. This guy could have easily car jacked someone, led authorities on a high speed chase ending in a horrific car crash killing several innocent civilians.
The left's obsession with defending pieces of criminal shit should repel more voters.

No one should side with Warren, Sanders and harris after their disgusting words about officer Wilson.
I don't think the left defends criminals because they're criminals, but because the left has always had a bleeding heart. They're well meaning.
It always bothers me when people let their mouths get ahead of the facts, especially when it's our elected officials.

Most are able to break this down as such.

Unfortunately, we have a climate of hatred of police in this country ...especially by the left.

This is a no brainer here and look again who the left is siding with

It has nothing to do with defending bad people. You aren't making any effort to understand the arguments being made at all, even though they are being made very clearly. Determining when a police officer should make the decision to kill somebody is not to be taken lightly. The standards that we use have to be somewhat replicable from case to case, and we can't use hindsight to justify a shooting.

For example, people keep saying, "He had a gun." The police did not know he had a gun when they killed him. They suspected he may have had a gun, but they clearly did not learn that until he was already shot, laying in the street, and the cop searching him goes, "He has a fucking gun!" The guy never showed the cops the gun.

So how do we make that standard replicable? If you think someone has a gun, you can shoot them? Even if it means shooting them in the back while they are sprinting away from you? What if you thought wrong?

If it turned out in this case that he didn't have a gun, would that change your opinion? It shouldn't change your opinion at all, because the gun should already be considered evidence after the fact. Whether he ended up having a gun or not has nothing to do with the shooting because it was unknown at the time they shot him.

So it comes down to this: If you respond to a call about a violent crime, and you are about to search a suspect but they take off running, is it okay to shoot them in the back if their hands go near their waist while running away?

That's it. That's all that has to be considered here, and you can make very reasonable justifications either way. It does not matter if he was an evil person. It does not matter what they find on him after the shooting. All of those details are hindsight.

You can still come to the conclusion that it was okay to shoot the guy when they did. It's not that hard to make that argument. But you have to base your opinion on the correct set of facts, otherwise you're allowing bias to cloud your judgement.

For example, you'll find yourself going, "I don't know, seems odd to shoot him in the back....but it turns out he was a child abuser, so I'm glad he's dead." Well okay, you can be glad he's dead. That does not justify the shooting though, you have to justify the shooting based on the single altercation that led to the shooting. Do you understand?

This is why, when I rob people, I use my menacing looks and overall intimidating presence, rather than guns. At least stick to a knife, sword, or mace. Perhaps even a battle axe, tho a bit cumbersome.

Regardless of anyone’s personal feelings about the shooting, it should be obvious that the cops will be cleared of any wrongdoing.

So, if you actually care about reducing police shootings, all of your energy should be spent spreading the message do not run from the police. I won’t hold my breath waiting to see that happen. Many people care more about their own expressions of moral superiority than solution oriented pragmatism.

Amazing how all these white kids commit mass murder and almost every one is apprehended without incident. Yet a black man hurts nobody, is running, and they have no choice but to execute him. America gonna America

Yeah, all of those white kids you are talking about also gave up immediately and without incident. I can link you numerous stories where a black man had a shootout with or shot and killed a cop and was taken in alive.

Back