Deadlift Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty bold statement dude. What's your numbers?
He claimed he had some pretty decent numbers, but refused to post any videos. Pretty much said he has nothing to prove and doesnt care what people think...Personally, I think he's full of shit.

He claimed he had some pretty decent numbers, but refused to post any videos. Pretty much said he has nothing to prove and doesnt care what people think...Personally, I think he's full of shit.

Yeah. I'm not one to call guys out but you can't claim to have an awesome total and not back it. Not to mention if he's that much stronger why waste his time coming into a thread to gloat?

I am in, My deadlift is even shittier than my other lifts but whatever.

What exactly is the competition?

I am in, My deadlift is even shittier than my other lifts but whatever.

What exactly is the competition?
Essentially, we measure our best deadlift, then we try to improve it for six months, then we measure again. Hilarity ensues.

I've recently swapped squats for deadlifts on my 5x5 program and lifting tomorrow, so will do my video of 350lbs. Will likely do it between my 2nd or 3rd set so I'm properly warmed up.

Slow down, MooseKnuckles.

One person suggests an individual-based comp, and then it's decided. But then I say I'd prefer it to be team-based, a few people agree, and BAM! Now the teams are set.

Here is what I suggest:

How about we give everyone until Monday night at 8:00 Central time to commit to joining? Then we can pick random teams. And then everyone needs to have a starting 1RM in by June first. All final 1RMs need to be proven with a video before January 1st. The winning team will be decided by the total overall improvement of the team.

Sound like a good plan?

Why not add a Poll to this thread or the one in the Main? Anyone who wants to compete can vote for individual or team comp.

I can't see me doing anything heavier than this before the end of May, so I'll probably use this as my starting point.

@JimRussel is that lift from yesterday, or was that just when you uploaded it? If I've read it right and you haven't pulled more than 685 since Feb 2016 and then suddenly manage to pull 675 hook grip yesterday, that's pretty crazy.

Well, with respect to @JimRussel it's based on improvement, so he has to improve on that 675....no easy task.

This lol. But I need to bring my DL up a lot.

@JimRussel is that lift from yesterday, or was that just when you uploaded it? If I've read it right and you haven't pulled more than 685 since Feb 2016 and then suddenly manage to pull 675 hook grip yesterday, that's pretty crazy.

I did the lift yesterday, on Friday, May 5.

I pulled 675 and 685 in Feb of 2016 using a Texas Power Bar (28.5mm, stiff, but not too bad) and a combination of bumper/metal plates to get a little more whip out of the bar.

These days, I've been training on a Rogue Ohio Power Bar, which is 29mm and really, really stiff, usually with competition discs, which reduces any whip even further because the plates are so close in to the collars.

Today, I used a deadlift bar for the first time outside of meets. There's an old one at the gym and two other guys had the power bars, so I decided to try it out. I'm not even sure what brand it is, but it must be the first generation of deadlift bar ever. I had no intention of going heavy today, but I did my first work set at 585 and it felt pretty good with the whippier bar, so I just kept going. It's also, by far, the heaviest I've gone with hook grip. It's still messing up my setup a bit, but I wanted to test it out with some weight, with the same kind of bar I'll be using in competition, to see if it'll hold up on meet day. So, yeah, there's the explanation. Not actually any stronger, just used a 27mm deadlift bar in the gym for the first time.

bahaha you rely on a whippy ass deadlift bar gym for your poundages.....i pulled 600 tonight on a regular gym stiff bar at 190 pounds....your a sissy

i know it pains you that the guy you bash so hard on is within 60 pounds of your deadlift at a much lower bodyweight and on a stiff bar with regular plates at that.....since you wonderful know-it-all people are disspointed i havent posted a video well thats exactly what you are going to get...you have my word in the coming months i will post videos of my PRs and make you all look stupid

you should be more careful of what you say on the internet and especially with your real name attached to it

you have my word in the coming months i will post videos of my PRs and make you all look stupid

Why is it going to take you months to post lifting videos?

you should be more careful of what you say on the internet and especially with your real name attached to it

Lol sounds good, MAAddict.

You've gone all tough guy all of the sudden. I like it.

This lol. But I need to bring my DL up a lot.

I did the lift yesterday, on Friday, May 5.

I pulled 675 and 685 in Feb of 2016 using a Texas Power Bar (28.5mm, stiff, but not too bad) and a combination of bumper/metal plates to get a little more whip out of the bar.

These days, I've been training on a Rogue Ohio Power Bar, which is 29mm and really, really stiff, usually with competition discs, which reduces any whip even further because the plates are so close in to the collars.

Today, I used a deadlift bar for the first time outside of meets. There's an old one at the gym and two other guys had the power bars, so I decided to try it out. I'm not even sure what brand it is, but it must be the first generation of deadlift bar ever. I had no intention of going heavy today, but I did my first work set at 585 and it felt pretty good with the whippier bar, so I just kept going. It's also, by far, the heaviest I've gone with hook grip. It's still messing up my setup a bit, but I wanted to test it out with some weight, with the same kind of bar I'll be using in competition, to see if it'll hold up on meet day. So, yeah, there's the explanation. Not actually any stronger, just used a 27mm deadlift bar in the gym for the first time.
I think you are being a little humble there @JimRussel 675 is still 675, 27mm bar or not. I appreciate it makes a difference, but it's still a good pull, regardless of bar.

I did 200kg / 440lbs last week on a Texas DL bar with bumpers, so I will use that as my starting point and I will do all my tests on that same setup.

Essentially, we measure our best deadlift, then we try to improve it for six months, then we measure again. Hilarity ensues.

Sounds fun. Should we calculate from where we are now or use a weight we have actually lifted for 1 rep?

My best set is 125 Kg for 8 and my best rep was 140Kg for 1 a few weeks ago. Which should I use?

Parrulo" post: 129716125 said:
Sounds fun. Should we calculate from where we are now or use a weight we have actually lifted for 1 rep?

My best set is 125 Kg for 8 and my best rep was 140Kg for 1 a few weeks ago. Which should I use?
I think the consensus is going to be that we'll use your best, current, actually performed one-rep max.

We're going on individual improvement?

For the record, my 1RM is 225lbs. Hoping to hit 315 by the end of this IF I in fact do this...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back