Deadlift Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not worried about what you think or anybody else within this forum that is a regular poster here thinks

I am here for one to help out people who seek it

2. To pick up things from all of the forums

3.to correct someone when i disagree or be corrected if i am wrong

Comments from jim like "lol"

Or you sound like a pussy

Or your a fuckin idiot are completely uncalled for

Just the other day a regular poster claimed that they like when jim
Creates this controversy for entertainment value

What a joke

Then i get dubs and Jim gets off scott free? Explain that one

If you program and eat appropriately you can get a 2.5-3x bw pull with simple noob gains

Really i dont consider myself a strength athlete and what i pull isnt impressive on a grand stage at all

Just to prove the point that the majority of posters here choose to be ill informed i will be posting in here periodically my lifts (if they dont ban me out of pure hatred and politics for speakig. the truth lol)

I will be doing the Texas method soon as i just recently took about a month and a half to reacquire strength that i lost from a hiatus from lifting

At any rate GL with your goals and the comp
Start a training log if you'd like people to take you seriously. Right now you're just making groups of words (noticably lacking any numbers) and no one really cares.

Leave your beef out of this thread. This is for the DL comp.

Ok then this is my best of 140Kg

Plates are on the small side so this is from a 1 to 2 in deficit.

Any input on form would be appreciated as I struggle with deadlifts (squat is catching up real fast)

That may be the heaviest you've ever pulled, but it is FAR from your max. You could have pulled that for a triple, if not more.

Nice job, but take this next month work toward an actual max-effort lift.

Sick pull!

Thanks, man.

I'm going to use this competition as an opportunity to finally focus on pulling 700+.

I think I'm going to give the Coan/Phillipi deadlift program a try.

Pulled 500 yesterday. My best is 530 lbs before hurting my back. I'd say set my beginning at 510 lbs. The most that I've pulled since hurting my back was 505 lbs, but I feel like 510 lbs is probably there.

I probably am not going to be cleared to deadlift for another month, whats the start date, if it's an individual competition I'm cool with using my all-time 1RM, but if I'm on a team I don't want to drag the team down, since there is a decent chance that I won't be back above my all-time deadlift with-in 6 months.

145 for me. I did 3 x 2 x 140 today, but just barely. Every rep was a grind, and I needed about ten minutes rest between doubles.

Plates seem to be around 400 to 410, but I measured them by eye using my arm as a point of
reference. I found them online but the brand site didn't list their size. I really need a solution for this because deadlifts are hard when down always on a deficit. I will see what I can do with mats. But I have considered paying a fee to go to a crossfit box twice a week for deadlifts on "proper" plates . . .

I have been looking into buying a pair of chuck taylor's. I can't go barefoot because they don't allow it at the gym (expected from a gym without proper plates). I think wrestling shoes are hard to come by in Europe but i will look around online.

I have been working on better pulling the slack out of the bar.

This cue from JP Cauchi seemed helpful and now with lighter weights (60 to 90 Kg) I can start the lift with my setup alone.

Chucks are fine. Or you can just buy Adidas Havoc wrestling boots:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adidas-Ad...hash=item51f73a41eb:m:m49lGS5mOl-O5c7nVXC7OlQ

Training on actual plates, iron, steel or bumpers, are a better option, so do that if you can.

With a good setup you should struggle to keep light weights on the floor, I can start 120kg moving with a good setup, so if that is working then keep doing it.

Chucks are fine. Or you can just buy Adidas Havoc wrestling boots:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adidas-Ad...hash=item51f73a41eb:m:m49lGS5mOl-O5c7nVXC7OlQ

Training on actual plates, iron, steel or bumpers, are a better option, so do that if you can.

With a good setup you should struggle to keep light weights on the floor, I can start 120kg moving with a good setup, so if that is working then keep doing it.

These Adidas Havoc look legit!! I think I would rather buy them instead of the chuck taylor's.

I am also considering buying a ohio power bar from rogue, a few steel plates and building my own deadlift platform. The end goal is to build an home gym anyway so I have to start at some point.

Any tips to buy equipment online in europe? In this particular case shipped to portugal.

So we have a few entries for 1RM now, maybe we should start updating the OP to reflect the people participating, their stats and their 1RM videos? @NurseKnuckles

Barely failed on 650...hit 622 fairly easy on my 2nd attempt but I don't have a video. Have to go on the honor system brahs.

These Adidas Havoc look legit!! I think I would rather buy them instead of the chuck taylor's.

I am also considering buying a ohio power bar from rogue, a few steel plates and building my own deadlift platform. The end goal is to build an home gym anyway so I have to start at some point.

Any tips to buy equipment online in europe? In this particular case shipped to portugal.

www.rogueeurope.eu

Barely failed on 650...hit 622 fairly easy on my 2nd attempt but I don't have a video. Have to go on the honor system brahs.

Works for me. But I'll post a starting max video if required.

Works for me. But I'll post a starting max video if required.

Meet results might be a tad different, as you would be able to see the meet results if he wanted to post them and see what he lifted.

Some guys in this thread submitted videos where they obviously had a lot left in the tank to the point where they could have done multiple reps. That's more where the issue arises.

It's not that people would be intentionally dishonest, some people just aren't well versed in pulling deadlift 1RMs and don't realize how much they have left in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back