DEATH Triangle training log đź’€

Walk - 20 minutes, 3.0 mph, 6% incline

Not feeling too good myself. Kid went 4-2 and was one win away from medaling. He lost to two ranked kids. He was competitive in the second loss, too. He took the kid down and they looked even but he got caught in a lateral drop and pinned. Shitty way to end his tournament. But the kid caught him good. It's one of those moves with no setup really and it's more an opportunistic move. My son defended a double but was leaning forward a bit and the kid had an overhook and went for it and got it. It doesn't help that his opponent weighed in 177 yesterday and my son he weighed in 170. He might as well as just cut two pounds and wrestled 168. But I'm still proud of him. He had to deal with a lot this tournament.

BP
135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 5
265 x 4 x 2
310 x 3 x 2
335 x 3 x 5

Squat
135 x 5 x 2
185 x 5
225 x 5 x 5

Facepulls
120 x 20 x 3

Pec has been acting up again. It was feeling better. I probably shouldn't have benched. I stopped foam rolling it for a couple weeks because it felt good. Going to start that again. I don't have to bench until Friday. If it still feels weird I'll skip that.

Monday, January 22, 2024

Day 1 - Pull

A. 30 Degree Incline DB Row
25 X 8
35 X 6
45 X 4

50 X 12
50 X 10

B. One Arm Ring Row
Rings at 8
BW X 10 X 2

C. Band Assisted Neutral Grip Chins
Blue Band X

D. Rack Pulls
135 X 5
185 X 5
210 X 3

235 X 10
235 X 10

E. Standing Hammer Curls
25 X 12
25 X 12
25 X 10
Then some drop set/burnouts.

I finished last week but I got behind on logging so let's just start at week 2 and be more diligent! I'm fully locked in on the macros and diet. I was gonna get a crumble cookie for the Bills game but my dumbass didnt know they were closed on Sunday. A sign that I didnt need it anyways! My sister's birthday is February 4th and we're having a dinner for it. My goal is no sugar till then and have some cake.

Squat 215 lbs
  • 4 x 3
  • AMRAP: 4
Bench 165 lbs
  • 3 x 10
Dumbell Pullover 25lbs
  • 2 x 15
  • AMRAP: 20
Flies 25lbs
  • 3 x 15

Fucking kidding me?!

I finished last week but I got behind on logging so let's just start at week 2 and be more diligent! I'm fully locked in on the macros and diet. I was gonna get a crumble cookie for the Bills game but my dumbass didnt know they were closed on Sunday. A sign that I didnt need it anyways! My sister's birthday is February 4th and we're having a dinner for it. My goal is no sugar till then and have some cake.

Squat 215 lbs
  • 4 x 3
  • AMRAP: 4
Bench 165 lbs
  • 3 x 10
Dumbell Pullover 25lbs
  • 2 x 15
  • AMRAP: 20
Flies 25lbs
  • 3 x 15

Fucking kidding me?!

The path to #DickRoot begins again!

Walk - 30 minutes, 3.0 mph, 6% incline

The kid and his team beat their rivals tonight for the first time in 25 years and won the league championship for the first time in 40 years! The kid is still sick with a flu. His ear is better but he's feels like crap. He didn't go to school yesterday, but he went today because if he missed any periods today he couldn't wrestle. He won his match 10-4 against a big strong senior. He sinks in a deep bar(2:08) but the kid battles out. That's a pin if he isn't sick and down 6 pounds. He's still light. He weighed in at 171 today and weight limit was 177. Pretty wild match. He's staying home tomorrow. Even his coach said he should stay home. Super proud of him. Kid has a lot of heart. Next week is the post season!

Walk - 30 minutes, 3.0 mph, 6% incline

The kid and his team beat their rivals tonight for the first time in 25 years and won the league championship for the first time in 40 years! The kid is still sick with a flu. His ear is better but he's feels like crap. He didn't go to school yesterday, but he went today because if he missed any periods today he couldn't wrestle. He won his match 10-4 against a big strong senior. He sinks in a deep bar(2:08) but the kid battles out. That's a pin if he isn't sick and down 6 pounds. He's still light. He weighed in at 171 today and weight limit was 177. Pretty wild match. He's staying home tomorrow. Even his coach said he should stay home. Super proud of him. Kid has a lot of heart. Next week is the post season!

That kid was a pretty good wrestler. Your boy did great at making him pay for small mistakes

Deadlift with pause at knee
135 x 3 x 2
225 x 3
295 x 3
350 x 3 x 2
415 x 3 x 2
440 x 3 x 4

Press
135 x 6
165 x 6
185 x 6 x 4

Concentration curls
65 x 12 x 3

Tricep pushdowns
90 x 12 x 3

I woke up with my back hurting. Some kind of weird strain I get a couple times a year. No clue how it happened, but it's always the same spot. I was supposed to do rack pulls with top sets of 500. Fuck that. Pec is feeling better at least. My son stayed home sick today. Let him order a bunch of food on doordash lol. Gotta get that weight up!

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Day 2 - Upper Push

A. Converging Ring Pushups
Rings at 9 X 18
Rings at 9.5 X 17

B. 15 Degree Incline DB Press
30 X 8
40 X 6
50 X 3

50 X 12*
55 X 10

*So, I can't math. I switched over from the PBs to the BA metal dumbells and thought I had 57.5 on. I did the set thinking, "Fuck yeah, feeling stronger than last week." Then I set them down and tried to do the math to go up to 60, at which point I realized I had only done 50. So, yeah. I'm no mathamagician.

C. Dips
BW X 8 X 2

D. 45 Degree Incline DB Y Raise
5 X 8

15 X 10 X 3

E. Slow Straight Leg Situps
5 pound plate on chest X 12 X 2

If Friday morning goes according to plan, I'm going to try to hit up Crunch for leg day and do some new stuff for shits and giggles.

The kid's picture was on the front page of the paper yesterday. They had an article about them snapping their losing streak.

sjGy3xz.jpg

I'm going down there first thing in the morning to talk to the editor in chief because they need to correct some things, jack! They said he won his match but no mention that he won with a flu or that he was down 6 pounds! They don't care about the facts?! Did Skip Bayless write this article?! IM PISSED NOW

The kid's picture was on the front page of the paper yesterday. They had an article about them snapping their losing streak.

sjGy3xz.jpg

I'm going down there first thing in the morning to talk to the editor in chief because they need to correct some things, jack! They said he won his match but no mention that he won with a flu or that he was down 6 pounds! They don't care about the facts?! Did Skip Bayless write this article?! IM PISSED NOW
That looks like it's about to really hurt

That looks like it's about to really hurt

It can. That's a mat return. Last tournament in the 106 pound finals on of our guys was getting mat returned and the kid doing the mat return knocked himself out. That was pretty weird.

I have been training, just not logging. On Friday I did a leg day at the gym, trying out some different machines. I wanted to use the hack squat, but some jabroni beat me to it when I wanted to use it, so I did leg press instead along with leg curls, extensions, adductors. On Saturday I did an upper day, again, trying out some new machines.

Monday, January 29, 2024 - BJJ - Drilled choi bars and toe holds from an omoplata position.
Four, 5-minute rolls. Firs time training in a week after eating all the food. My pants were tiiiiiiiiight, but I didn't die.

I went to BJJ instead of lifting tonight because I might not be able to get back until Sunday due to LTR's schedule. I'll do Upper 1 tomorrow.

Last week
OHP 125 lbs 4 x 3, AMRAP 4
Deadlift 225 lbs 3 x 10
Bent over Row 95 lbs 3 x 15
Front Raise 15's 3 x15

Bench 190 lbs 4 x 3, AMRAP 4
Squat 145 lbs 3 x 10
T bar row 45lbs 3 x 15
Flies 25s 3 x15

Deadlift 325 lbs 4 x 3, AMRAP 4
OHP 105 lbs 3 x 10
Barbell Row 95 lbs 3 x 15
Dumbell Shoulder Press 25s 3 x 15

Got behind the 8 ball and had to crank those out 3 days in a row. A lot are keeping the weights really low to combat the volume as I ease back into things. My traps and shoulders were still fucking spent Sunday night and to start this week. They were already starting to pop though! The Fall and Christmas love handles already falling off a little as well. Feels good to feel hard again and not like a lazy piece of shit. Meal prepping tonight and will start week 3 tomorrow.

Fully clothed and still the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!

BP
135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 5
265 x 4 x 2
310 x 3 x 2
335 x 3 x 5

Squat
135 x 5 x 2
185 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3 x 5

DB rows
120 x 12 x 3

Concentration curls
65 x 12 x 3

Tricep pushdowns
90 x 12 x 3

Man, the flu got me. Been fucked up. Still not feeling great but I was tired of being a sack of shit laying in bed. Had to take the kid to get his ribs x rayed yesterday. They were bothering him since Thursday but he wrestled through it on Saturday and went 3-0 so I was pretty sure they weren't broken but we wanted to check. They are fine. He's going to be dropping down to 167 for the post season which starts on Friday. He is still really light at 171 for 177. There are also 5 kids in the top 10 in the state in our section so he'd have a tough road to state if he stayed 177. He's 28-12 with 14 pins this season. He feels good and he's wrestling good. I think he has a chance at making state this season especially at 167.

sjGy3xz.jpg

That's a great pic Rex.

Deadlift with pause at knees
135 x 3 x 2
225 x 3
295 x 3
350 x 3 x 2
415 x 3 x 2
440 x 3 x 4

Press
135 x 6 x 2
165 x 6
190 x 6 x 4

Rackpulls
225 x 5
325 x 4
385 x 4
440 x 4 x 2
500 x 6 x 3

Ez bar curls
100 x 12
135 x 12 x 3

Been a little bored. I've been done with my last classes since the 22nd. Ended up getting As in both classes. Barely got it for developmental psych lol.

3DGKmtt.png

I have history and systems of psychology and physiological psychology starting next Monday. Not too excited about history and systems but I know I should have baseline knowledge of it at a minimum. Looking forward to physiological psych, though.

First post season tournament tomorrow for the kid. My wife is taking off work. He's down to 167, he was 171 on Tuesday night. He's a little tired from not eating much but he should be alright.

Back