Defense Soap.. worth it?

BJJ Coffee Drinker

Thanks for the question. When I was developing Defense Soap I learned a ton about the soap industry. One of the most important things I learned is that all soaps are 98% the same. It is that 2% that allows brands to choose what type of a bar they want to market. Some use that 2% to add color or perfumes or chemicals such as Triclosan. Through my own research I found and still believe that the TTO and EUO when combined create the perfect blend for our needs. I used that full 2% to add TTO and EUO.

Guy
Defense Soap

Last edited:
BJ@LW&WW

The actual manufacturer of Defense Soap is one of the largest soap makers in the country. They are 100% credible. They are the ones who actually put together the ingredient list and tell me how it has to be displayed on the label. I follow their lead considering their position in the industry. I never really even thought of it until you asked. I will shoot their legal team the question though.

Guy
Defense Soap

1neeto

I agree that TTO is a great antifungal and that it not only prevent ringworm but it will cure ringworm. That being said there is a huge difference between preventing and curing. We are a preventative measure not a cure. Bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus can be killed when washing with certain soaps therefore preventing an infection. Once you contract any bacterial infection we recommend visiting your doctor and we strongly discourage trying to use Defense Soap to cure your bacterial infection.

I have read on these forums where a guy soaked cotton balls in Defense Soap and placed them on his staph infection before going to bed. Don't do that. I almost had a heart attack. Lucky for this individual it managed to give him relief but again please don't self diagnose and treat staph infections.

Guy
Defense Soap

It's awesome. I'm a distributor here in Sweden and everyone here loves it.

1neeto

I agree that TTO is a great antifungal and that it not only prevent ringworm but it will cure ringworm. That being said there is a huge difference between preventing and curing. We are a preventative measure not a cure. Bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus can be killed when washing with certain soaps therefore preventing an infection. Once you contract any bacterial infection we recommend visiting your doctor and we strongly discourage trying to use Defense Soap to cure your bacterial infection.

I have read on these forums where a guy soaked cotton balls in Defense Soap and placed them on his staph infection before going to bed. Don't do that. I almost had a heart attack. Lucky for this individual it managed to give him relief but again please don't self diagnose and treat staph infections.

Guy
Defense Soap

Yeah he should of used defense oil to soak his cotton balls!

I'm kidding. I agree that you need to see a dr if you catch the staph or any other infection.

Yes

I have nothing but bad things to say about defense soap...why? Cause it doesnt work...why doesnt it work? Cause ive asked for a free sample and get shunned from this guy called guy.

Really? I exclusively use the gel and it seems to be easier on my skin. Maybe we have different skin types.

Do you use their bar soap?

yes ive used the bar before and i only use the shower gel when im super sweaty. im not the only one who has noticed this, several other people ive trained with have said the same thing. the soap bar isnt as bad but the shower gel in the winter in a place like canada, you might as well scrape your skin off first.

I have nothing but bad things to say about defense soap...why? Cause it doesnt work...why doesnt it work? Cause ive asked for a free sample and get shunned from this guy called guy.

So you have never tried yourself. Check.

I got the shower gel and I have to say, it's a fantastic product.

All the weird crap that was growing on my face and body almost disappeared overnight and now my skin is silky smooth. The gel didn't dry out my skin as the poster above mentioned.

A little dab latters up nicely for my whole body.

Overall, I'm a happy customer.

Diablo Ryu

I can assure you we did not shun you. We send samples all over the world upon request. We will send a 1000 samples to a jiu Jitsu tournament without batting an eye. We would never shun a fellow grappler. If we somehow missed you we apologize and would be more then happy to send you samples. Can you please send me an email at [email protected] with your name and address. This will go as soon as we get it.

Guy
Defense Soap

yes ive used the bar before and i only use the shower gel when im super sweaty. im not the only one who has noticed this, several other people ive trained with have said the same thing. the soap bar isnt as bad but the shower gel in the winter in a place like canada, you might as well scrape your skin off first.

Never had that issue. I do live in texas though.

We have this Chlor Hex spray that our vet prescribed for one of our dogs when it had a skin infection. I got this weird rash (like a bunch of little pus filled pimples) on my left knee, right under where I wear a knee sleeve when rolling, so I started spraying the Chlor Hex stuff on it every day and after about 4 days the rash was completely gone. It's now my go to for this sort of stuff.

We have this Chlor Hex spray that our vet prescribed for one of our dogs when it had a skin infection. I got this weird rash (like a bunch of little pus filled pimples) on my left knee, right under where I wear a knee sleeve when rolling, so I started spraying the Chlor Hex stuff on it every day and after about 4 days the rash was completely gone. It's now my go to for this sort of stuff.

Dude it's hard to get that stuff as it's only available by prescription.

Can you explain how we can do a study without intentionally infecting a group in order to monitor the level of protection.

Guy
Defense Soap

1. Enroll people in a study to test soap, you don't have to purposely infect them with MRSA. Just have a requirement for the study that they participate in grappling at least X number of hours per week.

2. Randomly assign the participants to 2 groups. One group uses regular soap, the other group uses Defense soap.

3. compare rates of skin infections after a set period of time.

4. do a chi-squared test to ensure that the results are statistically significant

5. ?????

6. Profit!!!!

yeahsciencebitch.PNG

Last edited:
Also, I don't think you know what a clinical study is. A clinical study involves humans.

"Clinical trials are prospective biomedical or behavioral research studies on human subjects that are designed to answer specific questions about biomedical or behavioral interventions"

I have little ones (and an expecting wife) in the house, and I was interested in people's experiences with Defense Soap, as I wanted to minimize my chances of spreading any sorts of contagion into the house. I found this thread a few weeks back and emailed the Defense folks at around midnight, inquiring about the sample offer -- I had pretty much made up my mind to get some Defense, and wanted to try out a bar to make sure that it wouldn't dry my skin out or mess with my allergies. Anyways, Guy emailed me back within 10 mins or so -- this is around midnight, mind you! -- and asked me whether I wanted to try a bar or gel. I think that this is a terrific product with outstanding customer support, and I will be trying to keep a supply on hand from here on out.

Sorry, didn't read the whole thread but have a question.

I read on another forum that defense soap can help with psoriasis. Can anyone chime in on this?

Thanks

i dont think the product makes that claim but ive seen someone post on here that it helped clear up his psoriasis. anecdotal evidence, take it for what its worth

Back