Defense Soap.. worth it?

Platfox,

Shoot me an email with your name and address to [email protected] and we will send you some samples to try. You may find that it what is not in our soap that will bring you relief.

Guy
Defense Soap

Thanks, will do!

I'm at work, will shoot you an email tonight. Thanks.

Mr Bologna

Defense has ingredients that have been proven to be effective against bacteria, fungus and viruses. I chose these ingredients to help keep your normal skin flora balanced. When you use strong antibacterial soaps you run the risk of depleting your flora. A depleted flora is a weak flora which puts the host at a greater risk of infection. The bacteria on your skin attacks invading microbes such as fungus. It battles with the fungus for space on the skin. Kill the bacteria and not the fungus and you end up with ringworm.

Defense is also designed to rinse from the skin completely. This is important because soap washes away microbes. If you smell like your soap when you are done showering that means you have a soap residue on your skin. If the soap is an antibacterial soap your flora is still being compromised. We want our flora to grow back as fast as possible. An uncompromised flora will recolonize every 27 minutes.

This guide explains it a little further. http://www.defensesoap.com/Jiu-Jitsu-Hygiene-Guide.pdf

Guy
Defense Soap

I love the Defense bar soap. Guy sent me the free trial and I will definitely be buying more. I haven't been using it long enough to get or prevent anything nasty but I do feel cleaner and more refreshed when using it in the shower immediately after training. The wipes are great to, also leave me feeling refreshed and less nasty from my the time the buzzer for the last round of training ends until I get home.

I'm trying to get the rest of the gym on it and get the gym owner to start stocking it by the case as well.

Platfox,

I'll be at wrestling practice from 6 to 8pm EST. If I don't answer right away it because I'm on the mats but will get back to you asap.

Guy
Defense Soap

I certainly think Defense Soap is worth it I have never gotten ringworm, MRSA, Staph, ect knock on wood.

Guys I don't know about the science behind it or really care. Defense soap is my everyday soap and I haven't had any skin infections while on it (a few years). I used to get them using regular soap. Also, the soap is easier on my skin than regular soap. Regular soap dries the shit out of my skin unless it's like cetaphil or something. No problems with dryness using Defense.

My one complaint is that I do wish it was cheaper. I buy in bulk but regularly its one bar for 6 bucks...

This quote has be deleted until we can further verify the source.

Thank you,

Guy
Defense Soap

Last edited:
6 bucks a bar? Is it a big bar? Thats alot especially if when u can get 9 bars of soap like irish spring for 3.47 at walmart.

I stopped using dial long time ago

Mr Bologna,

If Irish Spring works for you by all means keep using it. I developed Defense for guys such as myself who are on the mat everyday and who are susceptible to skin infections.

Guy
Defense Soap

Been using it the last few days. I likenit so far. I can smell the tea tree oil. I don't really get ringworm much (once in 7 years) but lately I haven't been able to shower immediately after working out so having defense soap waiting for me at home is comforting.

Also, this isn't spamming. Guy is super generous with information and offers free samples. What more do you guys want!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back