Social Dem Senator member of whites-only beach club

No one said the left was perfect. What people do say is that the left is progressive and tolerant while the right is nationalistic and relatively intolerant. This is claim that can be made all over the world. In every country, the rightwing is the tribal , patriarchal, anti LGBTQ, culturally chauvinist, pro religion side (relative to the left).
Dude. Stop

imagine if this was a republican? You know for sure that the outrage machine would never stop and accusations of racism would be 24/7 and you know it

No one said the left was perfect. What people do say is that the left is progressive and tolerant while the right is nationalistic and relatively intolerant. This is claim that can be made all over the world. In every country, the rightwing is the tribal , patriarchal, anti LGBTQ, culturally chauvinist, pro religion side (relative to the left).

That's the issue though. It's not a party issue it's a person issue. Just because one side says they are inclusive every time an election rolls around doesn't mean it's true.
Look at it all objectively. The Republican party in the US for example would be the Democrat party of 10 years ago. Whilst people hold their own personal views against certain things there are plenty of representatives and people who identify as Republican in all those areas you say they are against. They just defend their right to have those views publicly. The media tells you that the Right side are against things, when in fact specific members have their own personal views within the party, but it has actually become about defending the freedom to have your own views.

The left side of politics thinks that if you have views against something it means you are a bigot, racist ,nazi etc. I don't see how people can't equate the right to transition your gender with the right to believe in the bible? How is deciding you actually feel like a male trapped in a women's body and need to surgically alter yourself vs believing a zombie jewish carpenter died to give us all a second chance any less valid? I used that second example to show what you can do too many religions. That religion is peoples personal belief though.

Now if you come out and start talking about killing or hurting people based off those views you should face repercussions. To bring it back to the US ,I don't see Republicans calling to attack or harass people based off their gender identity, race or personal opinions, but I see it pretty regularly from the left side of politics. Imagine targeting someone purely based off their religious views if it wasn't anything besides Christianity.

The only reason this is an issue is because he has called out systemic racism, when like most of the long standing ruling class he has been the reason why there have been an issues surrounding this. He is another career politician who has been involved in legislature for years. It's the same reason why electing Biden isn't going to change anything for the better. You need to clear out these career politicians on both sides and vote in new people if you actually want any change.

Slap DJT's name on that club and there would be unending protests and violence until it shuttered. Comical situation since its a Dem and nobody will care.

Not that it's a big deal, the issue is that democrats doing stuff like this while lecturing and preaching the opposite is why nobody takes these virtue signalling wads seriously.

Dude. Stop

imagine if this was a republican? You know for sure that the outrage machine would never stop and accusations of racism would be 24/7 and you know it
Ofcourse there would be outrage. And this guy is getting shit too. It would be worse for Republicans because they are widely percevied to be anti Black. That is why a Democrat doesn't get similar level of outrage, because even though individual Dems can make controversial decisions like this, the party as a whole is seen as sympathetic to Blacks, Browns, non Christians, LGBTQ and immigrants (legal and illegal).

This isn't "it". That would imply a singular case of hypocrisy. This is just one case of many of those on the left failing their own purity test.

Ahh, yes, the famous "you must force your beach club to find and recruit black patrons" purity test.

Who cares about a politician's policies. Or if their actual political party is 95% white and 1% black. What really matters is if we can find a bowling league or book club that he's a part of that doesn't have any racial minorities despite being in the racial melting pot that is Rhode Island.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...h-club-sen-sheldon-whitehouse-is-part-of/amp/

How do we address of the problem of racist segregationists like Biden and Sen Whitehouse hijacking the Democratic party? Is what he said about there being many exclusive whites-only clubs in RI true? Should the justice department look into this?

OMG it's the end of the world...the justice department should put on hold combating drug trafficking, child mortality abuse and the teen suicide epidemic. Biden's race baiting takes priority!

Ahh, yes, the famous "you must force your beach club to find and recruit black patrons" purity test.

Who cares about a politician's policies. Or if their actual political party is 95% white and 1% black. What really matters is if we can find a bowling league or book club that he's a part of that doesn't have any racial minorities despite being in the racial melting pot that is Rhode Island.
Hey ya idiot commie. How's your online blackface skit going?

Ofcourse there would be outrage. And this guy is getting shit too. It would be worse for Republicans because they are widely percevied to be anti Black. That is why a Democrat doesn't get similar level of outrage, because even though individual Dems can make controversial decisions like this, the party as a whole is seen as sympathetic to Blacks, Browns, non Christians, LGBTQ and immigrants (legal and illegal).

Lol... If you haven't got the message yet, Democrat's only give lip service to the Black Community... Usually around election time

Newport, RI has a fairly large black population. Numerous housing projects, a naval base, naval housing, and various low income neighborhoods.

Ocean Drive, where this particular beach club is located is home to mansions owned by the Rockerfeller's, Mellon's, Vanderbuilt's etc..(the real ruling elite banking families that actually run the country).

It's a very exclusive trillionaire neighborhood, but Tomony Hill, Festival Field and PArk Home (housing projects) are also located in the 02840 zip code.

You’re acting like there is some massive gap when it’s pretty minor in actuality. The dems lander more but don’t do anything that helps Meanwhile the media makes sure this idea is kept alive and well. Look at gov Nostrom or whatever of Virginia. The media covered for him, or for Cuomo. While making up allegations and what not to throw at the right. The media perception is your reality

Well....no matter how you slice it, that's a pretty bad optic. Guy deserves whatever comes his way. Not going to feel a bit bad for him. Lord knows if the shoe was on the other foot, and he was a Republican, people would be holding onto it for a good long while. And I am saying that as a liberal.

Hold onto it and make the guy squirm as long as you like. Skin the fucking bastard. Go to town!!!!

Last edited:
Well....no matter how you slice it, that's a pretty bad optic. Guy deserves whatever comes his way. Not going to feel a bit bad for him. Lord knows if the shoe was on the other foot, and he was a Republican, people would be holding onto it for a good long while. And I am saying that as a liberal.

Hold onto it and make the guy squirm as long as you like.
I agree. I think optically it’s just bad. He promised to quit in 06 or whenever and just transferred his ownership to his wife. That’s just a typical politician right there. Guy dragged his feet and started playing shell games with his ownership.

I agree. I think optically it’s just bad. He promised to quit in 06 or whenever and just transferred his ownership to his wife. That’s just a typical politician right there. Guy dragged his feet and started playing shell games with his ownership.
But it's different guys because he's a D!
- Trotsky

Bollocks. The world doesn't revolve around America's idea of left and right.

Also I love how all right wing descriptives you've just used are all negative attributes.. do the left now..

Hey ya idiot commie. How's your online blackface skit going?

Jumped off that facade of principled consistency pretty quickly, eh?

Like anyone could tell, the only purpose of these posts by persons like you is to say, "hey, this guy doesn't have black people in his squash group, therefore he was being unfair to say I'm racist for calling minorities a disease!" It's a deflection, just like you're reply to me was a deflection. You can't reckon with your own racist idiocy, so you make a stunk about how anti-racist people are hypocrites.

In reality, no one really cares that he's failed to make black beach friends. And you're still a racist rube. But you'll parrot the articles and retweet Charlie Kirk until you're tuckered out.

Jumped off that facade of principled consistency pretty quickly, eh?

Like anyone could tell, the only purpose of these posts by persons like you is to say, "hey, this guy doesn't have black people in his squash group, therefore he was being unfair to say I'm racist for calling minorities a disease!"

In reality, no one really cares that he's failed to make black beach friends. And you're still a racist rube. But you'll parrot the articles and retweet Charlie Kirk until you're tuckered out.
Lol.
<Oku02>

Quote me anywhere saying anything about anyone due to their inherent identity Mr Blackface. You're the fucking racist.

It may not be a popular opinion but I'm all for different races and sexes having exclusive groups as long as all groups are allowed to

Lol.
<Oku02>

Quote me anywhere saying anything about anyone due to their inherent identity Mr Blackface. You're the fucking racist.

You called Muslims a disease that needs to be eradicated. And you advocated for rigid ethnostates, which are by definition racially exclusionary.

Yes, you're a racist rube. No, a Democrat (or Republican or anyone) being being in a club that doesn't have any black members (and obv has no identified policy of the racial exclusion that you advocate) doesn't change that or mean people are being dishonest when they call your shitty opinions and fears racist.

Back