Demaian Maia is the best WW in the world right now

Unconditional Maia fan here!
For what he does inside AND outside the ring!

WAR MAIA!!!

Unconditional Maia fan here!
For what he does inside AND outside the ring!

WAR MAIA!!!

The boards after Maia fights always trigger me.

People were hating on his fight vs Brown. All I could think was, if you couldn't do that in MMA, I wouldn't watch this shit.

The boards after Maia fights always trigger me.

People were hating on his fight vs Brown. All I could think was, if you couldn't do that in MMA, I wouldn't watch this shit.
Agree.
I see comments like "he's a human backpack"... but they fial to recognize he is one of the very best at what he does, and that it is very hard to impose your style unto a trained martial artist.
Heck, the way he disposed of his last (top, elite) opponents was nothing short of impressive!!

GSP lol

4 years ago he couldn't beat a lesser skilled version of Hendricks without help from the judges. Hendricks actually improved quite a bit after that, especially with his standup skill as shown in the first Lawler fight. GSP's only real wins since his major surgery have been against Condit and Diaz, both whom couldn't outwrestle you.

He ain't doing shit

Woodley got tooled by GSP's apprentice

I dont know if Maia is the best, but he could be the champion, and hopefully he will be.

One point that I havent seen anyone mentioned here (or other Maia-threads) concerns his only KO loss. Yes, Nathan Marquard KO'ed Maia early in his MMA-career. BUT it was because Maia had a patern of doing 3 sloppy high-kick in the beginning of EVERY fight. Nathan knew that and caught him on the third kick. After that Maia got rid of that pattern and has never been KOed - or even stopped - after that.

Its more likely that Maia subs his opponent - who ever it may be - than that he would get KOd.

WAAAR MAIA!

GSP handpicked Diaz as an opponent because he's a weak target and both Condit and Diaz can't outwrestle my daughter and this was a few years ago already.

GSP might beat Bisping if it happens but I'm pretty skeptical even of that.
Now I know you're not a long time fan cause if you were then you would know Diaz was the strikeforce 170 champ right before coming here and also that he did beat condit. So your opinion doesn't mean shit because you really don't know much.

Do some digging and you'll find out who Diaz used to be

Are you seriously this hurt by me saying GSP didn't look good his last few fights? Maybe YOU are the one who should quit Sherdog to get some air LMAO
No it's just that you're saying retarded things and anyone who actually watched the fight would tell u the same thing

Maia may be the best. He's awesome. But people have got to stop with this 'uncrowned champ' stuff. Every division has an uncrowned champ, it seems. Woodley is the champ. He smashed Lawler. That's it. Maia fights Woodley and beats him then he's the champ.

Nick Diaz looked awful to and I'm a huge Diaz fan. Nick lost his passion for truly winning after the Condit fight imo. I remember watching the GSP fight thinking Diaz is clearly here for the payday, just like when he fought Anderson minus the insane taunting
he lost his passion for truly winning when he realized he couldnt win

Why do people automatically assume GSP is going to come back in his prime? People forget that GSP looked awful his last 2-3 fights before retirement. That + a 3 year layoff and I don't see it.
He wasn't awful. He fought some very good fighters in his last three fights. But he'd clearly lost a step and took damage against Condit, Nick and Hendricks.

He wasn't awful. He fought some very good fighters in his last three fights. But he'd clearly lost a step and took damage against Condit, Nick and Hendricks.

Awful in comparison to how good he was. People, when talking about Bisping v GSP or other matchups, speak about GSP like he's the same GSP that fought Jon Fitch or Thiago Alves

I can't get the image out of my head of Shields dominating hm on the ground. I don't think he'll be able to take Woodley down.

I don't know how can you get that image in your head since it never happened... Shields won the fight, but not the ground. Battle, Maia had the more dominant positions, shields only reversed him 2 times and proceeded to not do jack shit but staying in Maia's guard. He won the fith by throwing awful kicks that didn't do shit, but were enough to give him the fight

Awful in comparison to how good he was. People, when talking about Bisping v GSP or other matchups, speak about GSP like he's the same GSP that fought Jon Fitch or Thiago Alves
Still don't know about awful - that's a strong term. But worse, sure. And as you say, there's a very, very good chance he comes back worse still.

I would not bet against Maia at 170 these days. Woodley would be a tough fight but I'd still pick Maia. He makes guys look toytally helpless.

WWE-CM-Punk-Best-In-The-World-DVD.jpg
i beg to differ

Woodley is a bad matchup for him.
Agreed. I like Maia a lot, but I think Woodley is a awful style fight for him. Thompson would have been much better for Maia. How is Maia gonna take Woodley down?, No way he takes Woodley down, no one ever takes Woodley down. Woodley is a top class wrestler and he is also very physically strong. I love Maia but I think he is gonna be forced to stand

Back