Demian Maia is half Russian

Machida's mother side is Italian and also Portuguese according to his bio on wiki.

Brazilian is of mixed ethnicities, some are lighter skin, like Shogun Rua and his wife, both of whom I believe have mainly Italian ancestry.

Always felt shogun and he bro look Lebanese...

And there are some theories out there that the Basque are related to Caucasians.

Mas is Chechen confirmed.

spains male lineage was nearly wiped. in regards to the basques the men who were extrrminated were J1 males, like khabib. infact north caucasians have a fair percentage of european ancestry, its just on the female side and no its not russian its far more ancient and more related to north west europeans.

all northern europeans have J2 ancestry, again its on the female side.

Last edited:
Vitor Belford is has Greek blood, shogun Has Italian blood, machida is half Japanese and Italian, Petr Yan is of chinese and I think Georgian decsant, Rose is Lithuanian, Michael chiesa is Italian, and I’m pretty sure Jessica Andrade has native blood in her because she has that Aztec warrior tattoo on her, I think it’s a Aztec... lol. Oh yea, Robbie lawler is 25% asian :) . His mom is half Filipino.

Johny Hendricks look like he's part Indian or Middle Eastern. :p

download__1_.0.jpg

st pettesburg (at least i understanded that) he said every year when he goes to do a seminar in the north of finland he understand his grandparents behavior cause its close from where they're from in russia
I remember a few years ago he was interviewed by Helwani at MMA Hour and said something like that his grandparents were from the region near Poland and Ukraine or that this part of Russian Empire from where they hails later become Poland/Ukraine.

Always felt shogun and he bro look Lebanese...

I have heard some people said that before.

I'm not familiar with how Lebanese people look, so I can't say for sure. But with a quick Google search and I found this picture of some Lebanese athletes:

G12vCxx.jpg

Shogun seems to have a similar looking hairline, but the shape of his eyes and eyebrows seem not as thick. But I do see the resemblance there. I suppose that's what happen when people have mixed ancestries. You see could see a bit of certain similar physical traits.
fb024f8a8e9776537ea99242c4f69fb0.jpg

When the beautiful brazilian sun comes out,and the cariocas rush to the beach,Demian Maia is filled with a longing for Frost,and Cold misery. If the night's watch existed,he would go there.

Screen-Shot-2019-03-12-at-15.22.33-min.png
Maia ain't a damn carioca buddeh.
He's Paulista and Paulistano.

Reactions: HHJ
It's painful for me not to be able to go out there. I usually go out there 5 or 6 times a year.
Last time was in november.

Open your gates to me too lol
You are welcome, friend.

So what? Brazil is a state of immigrants, nearly all of them have roots from somewhere in Europe or Asia, just because his grandmother was Russian (why am I not suprised that his russian roots are female, LOL) doesnt mean he is anyhow emotionaly connected to Russia.

I live in Argentina, one of my assistants has italian ancestors, the other spanish ones, my landlord is a wolga-german, my neighbors grandparents are from Brazil, one of my friends has a russian mother and my best homie is from Bosnia, so, still all of them are Argentinians (except the Bosnian - Mashalla).

Last edited:
Back