Democratic Fighting Words From A Liberal Blogger

Ridicule is acceptable, it's par for the course. If only that was a true portrayal of reality and what people were actually objecting to. Never mind the mass hysteria about literal Hitler.
Nobody says literal Hitler except right wingers. I've never seen a left winger say it, honestly.

Nobody says literal Hitler except right wingers. I've never seen a left winger say it, honestly.

We've seen plenty of Hitler comparisons. We've even seen Mussolini comparisons, but that was when the MSM was still finding itself.

The US probably has got to get past the "obstructionist" era to truly be "great again". That's probably not happening during Trump's time, though. It's going to be the same ol' shit.

When liberals get their boy in, the same bitterness from "conservatives" will repeat.

You don't need to be the "bigger man". But you've got to acknowledge, that at some point in time, somebody's got to be. That time might not be right now, but that time is going to come eventually.

We've seen plenty of Hitler comparisons. We've even seen Mussolini comparisons, but that was when the MSM was still finding itself.
And? That's not "literally Hitler". Do you think a dog is a bear because it also has fur?

How big of a dog?
maxresdefault.jpg

And? That's not "literally Hitler". Do you think a dog is a bear because it also has fur?

You're being obtuse and focusing on the term rather than what the term denotes. Literally Hitler is a humorous phrase used to highlight the Trump/Hitler comparisons that are universal at this point. The fact that there is mass hysteria is not undermined by my use of a phrase.

You're being obtuse and focusing on the term rather than what the term denotes. Literally Hitler is a humorous phrase used to highlight the Trump/Hitler comparisons that are universal at this point. The fact that there is mass hysteria is not undermined by my use of a phrase.
It's an ironic hyperbole, yes. Funny if it's not being used as an actual argument.

It's an ironic hyperbole, yes. Funny if it's not being used as an actual argument.

Again, you're ignoring what the term is actually referring to and focusing on a phrase because it suits you. That's dishonest. The truth is that there is a lot of hysteria surrounding Trump and this is playfully referred to as literal Hitler. Just because the term is hyperbolic doesn't mean the claim is.

You do know the "literally Hitler" meme has its origins in 2009 and was created by the right as a condemnation of Obama, right?

Yeah I'm pretty stoked about the massive war crimes against Yemen and the overall spike in civilian deaths and the warhawking lies about Iran. So sensible.

bobgeese is a rapist

Calling a guy a rapist because you don’t agree with him huh??? How pathetically liberal of you.

You do know the "literally Hitler" meme has its origins in 2009 and was created by the right as a condemnation of Obama, right?

Yes, I read the link. There was a certain amount of hysteria surrounding Obama as well- birther, him being Muslim, his tranny wife, etc., but it was on a much smaller scale and not perpetuated by the majority of the MSM.

Stunning rebuke of the actual points made int he OP by Trump supporters in this thread.

The way they chose not to default to "your just butthurt libs" immediately was really inspiring

Ridicule is acceptable, it's par for the course. If only that was a true portrayal of reality and what people were actually objecting to. Never mind the mass hysteria about literal Hitler.

Is there a reason you have to categorize legitimate criticism as mass hysteria? Can you quote all the posters here calling him literally Hitler? Must be dozens if it's a "mass hysteria". Can you then tell me why that prevents you from reasonably discussing issues as large as a president publicly asserting he's above the law? Were the criticisms about that just "omg he's literally hitler!" or was that simply the only argument you wanted to recognize?

{<jordan}

This millennial "unknown author" sounds like a real Islamaphobe if she(obviously a woman) considers thinking Obama is a Muslim to be such a serious insult.

Yeah because no one was ever calling Obama a muslim in a derogatory way....

The dishonesty on the right is becoming it's signature trait. You guys wanna pretend Obama was treated fairly then pretend "we're just not giving Trump a fair shot", but the existence of something called 'historical record' will always give you away.

You guys literally wouldn't listen to the man simply because of who he was, yet when a liberal questions Trump's track record with honesty, we're just butthurt libs who can't accept MAGA. The irony is deep enough to drown in.

Yes, I read the link. There was a certain amount of hysteria surrounding Obama as well- birther, him being Muslim, his tranny wife, etc., but it was on a much smaller scale and not perpetuated by the majority of the MSM.

Can you list the numerous examples of the MSM referring to Trump as "literally Hitler"? Thanks.

There were religious whack jobs who thought Obama was the actual antichrist who would usher in the end of days and even those nut balls took it better and behaved more rationally and reasonably than most liberals have reacted to Trump.

Yeah because no one was ever calling Obama a muslim in a derogatory way....

The dishonesty on the right is becoming it's signature trait. You guys wanna pretend Obama was treated fairly then pretend "we're just not giving Trump a fair shot", but the existence of something called 'historical record' will always give you away.

You guys literally wouldn't listen to the man simply because of who he was, yet when a liberal questions Trump's track record with honesty, we're just butthurt libs who can't accept MAGA. The irony is deep enough to drown in.
Islam is a religion, one championed by the left at that, so YOU decide whether or not that's an insult.

Nobody ever said Obama didn't have opposition. Every president has, but Obama was more coddled by the media than any other president in recent history. There was not an all-day barage of insults, presumptions, personal attacks on every late night show, most print publications, nearly all the news networks, where a notable number of public figures were even down to defending ms13 when Trump called them animals. Oh, I didn't realize you "question someone's honesty" by hurling as many inane attacks as you can and calling the guy's daughter a cunt for posting a picture with her baby, and speculate that when his wife was having surgery, maybe he really beat her up and had the secret service cover it up.

Right wingers mock "literally Hitler" now because it was said so many times it became funny. Here is MSNBC coverage of the fucking inauguration, when the guy wasn't even in office yet, calling the inauguration "Hitlerian".

Back