Democratic Fighting Words From A Liberal Blogger

Lol "them, they" did this bad thing and that bad thing so in talking in extremes I am going to be a butthole to the opposition. When they go low we go high??? or nah

You went from saying that no one says that but right wingers to saying it goes both ways. That means the left wing says it too. So you stepped back from saying only the right wing says it to saying that both the right wing and the left wing say it.

You went from saying that no one says that but right wingers to saying it goes both ways. That means the left wing says it too. So you stepped back from saying only the right wing says it to saying that both the right wing and the left wing say it.
No, I said nobody on the left says "literally Hitler". Some people compare him to Hitler. Some people compared Obama to Hitler.

Myself, I don't think Trump resembles Hitler that much. He's not well spoken enough.

@IngaVovchanchyn

"Obama is literally Hitler" was a meme starting in 2009. They called Obama Hitler for 8 years, then actually started mocking their own phrase when it started being used for Trump. But that is where it came from. More quality contributions to society from the meme generation.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/literally-hitler

"They called Obama Hitler for eight years." Who did? Anyone famous or interesting? Any major political figures?

No, I said nobody on the left says "literally Hitler". Some people compare him to Hitler. Some people compared Obama to Hitler.

Myself, I don't think Trump resembles Hitler that much. He's not well spoken enough.

Not as driven, which we can all thank God for.

"They called Obama Hitler for eight years." Who did? Anyone famous or interesting? Any major political figures?

What a strange rebuttal this was. So we acknowledge that the phrase "literally Hitler" was coined by people who hated Obama, and spread online for near a decade.

And your response is, "But did anyone famous say it?" Huh. Well, to answer your question, yes, a lot of Republicans compared Obama to Hitler over the years. The Iowa Tea Party, the Republican Women of Arundel County, Thomas Sowell, Congressman Randy Weber, Bishop Daniel Jenky, Arizona Rep Brenda Barton, Ken Longone (Home Depot CEO), Hank Williams, Louie Gohmert, Paul Broun, etc.

Honestly, I could dig up dozens of examples of people making direct comparisons on TV or in print. I remember a few people making comments in interviews, and I remember a Pastor calling him Hilter too, etc, etc.

Suddenly people became sensitive to it when it was said about Trump. But then, those same people started calling teenagers Hitler because they advocated for gun control.

So, obviously they are 100% phony. But we already knew that.

Last edited:
"Today tolerance appears again as what it was in its origins, at the beginning of the modern period - a partisan goal, a subversive liberating notion and practice. Conversely, what is proclaimed and practiced as tolerance today, is in many of its most effective manifestations serving the cause of oppression." - Herbert Marcuse

What a strange rebuttal this was. So we acknowledge that the phrase "literally Hitler" was coined by people who hated Obama, and spread online for near a decade.

And your response is, "But did anyone famous say it?" Huh. Well, to answer your question, yes, a lot of Republicans compared Obama to Hitler over the years. The Iowa Tea Party, the Republican Women of Arundel County, Thomas Sowell, Congressman Randy Weber, Bishop Daniel Jenky, Arizona Rep Brenda Barton, Ken Longone (Home Depot CEO), Hank Williams, Louie Gohmert, Paul Broun, etc.

Honestly, I could dig up dozens of examples of people making direct comparisons on TV or in print. I remember a few people making comments in interviews, and I remember a Pastor calling him Hilter too, etc, etc.

Suddenly people became sensitive to it when it was said about Trump. But then, those same people started calling teenagers Hitler because they advocated for gun control.

So, obviously they are 100% phony. But we already knew that.

1. I remember quite a lot of George W being called Hitler, more often than either Obama or Trump. And of course it goes back much further than that.
2. Political name-calling doesn't bother me much, though I rarely find it effective or persuasive. It goes with the territory.
3. I find the indignation in this thread to be what is strange, as if only one side endures demonization. One could easily rewrite the melodramatic OP from a Republican view. Most people can dish it out but have trouble taking it.
4. Also, where did Thomas Sowell compare Obama to Hitler?

Last edited:
This is going around by Liberal posters who view it pretty favorably and on point the way they feel apparently.

00001_572A.jpg

I listened as they called my President a Muslim.
I listened as they called him and his family a pack of monkeys.
I listened as they said he wasn't born here.
I watched as they blocked every single path to progress that they could.
I saw the pictures of him as Hitler.
I watched them shut down the government and hurt the entire nation twice.
I watched them turn their backs on every opportunity to open worthwhile dialog.
I watched them say that they would not even listen to any choice for Supreme Court no matter who the nominee was.
I listened as they openly said that they will oppose him at every turn.
I watched as they did just that.
I listened.
I watched.
I paid attention.

Now, I'm being called on to be tolerant.
To move forward.
To denounce protesters.
To "Get over it."
To accept this...

I will not.

I will do my part to make sure this great American mistake becomes the embarrassing footnote of our history that it deserves to be.
I will do this as quickly as possible every chance I get.
I will do my part to limit the damage that this man can do to my country.
I will watch his every move and point out every single mistake and misdeed in a loud and proud voice.
I will let you know in a loud voice every time this man backs away from a promise he made to them.
Them. The people who voted for him.
The ones who sold their souls and prayed for him to win.
I will do this so that they never forget.
And they will hear me.
They will see it in my eyes when I look at them.
They will hear it in my voice when I talk to them.
They will know that I know who they are.
They will know that I know what they are.

Do not call for my tolerance. I've tolerated all I can.
Now it's their turn to tolerate ridicule.

Be aware, make no mistake about it, every single thing that goes wrong in our country from this day forward is now Trump's fault just as much as they thought it was Obama's.
I find it unreasonable for them to expect from me what they were entirely unwilling to give.

Author Unknown

The following is regarding the blog post; not directed at you @PEB:

This blog is radical bullshit meant to further divide, or at least prevent a coming together of Americans.
Sure, we, as Americans should resist and make our voices and opinions heard re: policies and behavior we disagree with.
Guess what? That is true regardless who is in office. I think its ironic that it proposes to limit the damage Trump can do to this country, while solidifying the divide in America and thereby causing even more damage. America is turning into the Hatfield and McCoys.

Its spiteful, retaliatory, and counterproductive. Seeing as it was signed anonymously I can't help but imagine it was released out of one of the 2 major parties propaganda wings.

Nobody ever said Obama didn't have opposition. Every president has, but Obama was more coddled by the media than any other president in recent history. There was not an all-day barage of insults, presumptions, personal attacks on every late night show, most print publications, nearly all the news networks, where a notable number of public figures were even down to defending ms13 when Trump called them animals. Oh, I didn't realize you "question someone's honesty" by hurling as many inane attacks as you can and calling the guy's daughter a cunt for posting a picture with her baby, and speculate that when his wife was having surgery, maybe he really beat her up

This sums it up.

I'd rather entertain the argument that he deserves every bit of it as opposed to the dishonest claim that this is par for the course because Obama was also compared to Hitler.

As if the MSM going on and on about how bad he is (which was absent in the last administration) doesn't affect people's perception. Hell, Every night I watch news in Canada, I wait to hear how bad Trump is. They blamed him for the Canadian mosque bombing a week into his presidency and haven't looked back, and that's not even the US MSM...

Make sure to thank President Trump for your tax cut, the ass kicking economy, and the sensible Middle East policy we’re currently enjoying.
And thank him for troops in Yemen and for increasing the deficit.
I don’t think making the US army fight for the worlds biggest terrorist organization, The House of Saud, as a sensible policy.

The word "fighting" and the phrase "liberal blogger" just do not go together.

And thank him for troops in Yemen and for increasing the deficit.
I don’t think making the US army fight for the worlds biggest terrorist organization, The House of Saud, as a sensible policy.

I would prefer we weren’t attached at the hip to both Israel and SA, however that ship sailed long before Trump.

I will do this so that they never forget.
And they will hear me.
They will see it in my eyes when I look at them.
They will hear it in my voice when I talk to them.
They will know that I know who they are.
They will know that I know what they are.

tenor.gif

{<jordan}

I hope we read, see and hear more from Liberal celebrities. I hope we read, see and hear more from Liberal teachers and professors. I hope we read, see and hear more from Liberal politicians. I hope for all these because every time they loose their shit and go off on the president, his supports and conservatives in general it shows that at the very heart of it they are no better. They are just as hateful, just a bigoted, just as crazy, just as partisan, just as hypocritical.

No, please continue to provide reasons for moderates to pull away from you. Provide reasons for Conservatives to consolidate against you.

I hope we read, see and hear more from Liberal celebrities. I hope we read, see and hear more from Liberal teachers and professors. I hope we read, see and hear more from Liberal politicians. I hope for all these because every time they loose their shit and go off on the president, his supports and conservatives in general it shows that at the very heart of it they are no better. They are just as hateful, just a bigoted, just as crazy, just as partisan, just as hypocritical.

No, please continue to provide reasons for moderates to pull away from you. Provide reasons for Conservatives to consolidate against you.
Shhhh don't let them know that's what they really accomplish when they go all Aspergers on social media.

Back