Elections Democratic Gov. Andy Beshear wins re-election in Kentucky + other recent election thoughts

This. The gap between their base and the majority of Americans has grown. So if they want to win general elections they need to moderate their positions on social issues like abortion rights. But if they do that they'll get shredded in any primary down the line by a more fanatical challenger.

But they want to preach sermons about trannies and abortions!!!!

Fire and brimstone, so 2023 lol

Cameron was abysmal in the debates. Total Electile Dysfunction
Also, another factor in his(Cameron) failure was keeping close ties with former gov Bevin. There's a reason he didn't win reelection. Everyone could see the corruption plain as day, and even hard-core Republicans wouldn't support him. Beshear stepped up and did a good job, and won the trust of the people in essentially enemy territory.

Beshear is one of the very few politicians I truly believe wants to work FOR the people, and not for personal gain as his motivation.

absolutely stunning that the official position of “submit authority of your birth canal to us, decrepit old white perverts, forever” is not a winning formula with voters

This. The gap between their base and the majority of Americans has grown. So if they want to win general elections they need to moderate their positions on social issues like abortion rights. But if they do that they'll get shredded in any primary down the line by a more fanatical challenger.
Abortion protection got over 70% of the vote in OH. That is an absolute curb stomping, but the GOP is stuck. They have to cater to the MAGA and Christian Nationalist wing of the party or they will never win the primary.
So now they are pushing regressive policies that almost 3/4 of the public are against.
article-625ede8372f3b.gif

The Republican Party is a joke. If they can't win under these conditions, they really should cash it in and start over. I'm against parties all the way and this would be a great start. Maybe the Democrats can implode next?

The Republican Party is a joke. If they can't win under these conditions, they really should cash it in and start over. I'm against parties all the way and this would be a great start. Maybe the Democrats can implode next?
The reason the GOP lost is because they lost the moderate vote, which is the vote that wins elections. If you cater to the extreme of your party then you lose the elections.
The Dems can run into the same problem if they move too far left on the woke shit.
Most people want to have money in their pocket, feel safe , and have the government stay the fuck out of their lives. The problem is when either party gets control , they typically want to butt in every ones lives.
The Right needs to go back to pushing strong military, balanced budget and strong borders and leave the Christian Nationalism policies on the table and not up for vote. The GOP problem is most members of the House are more motivated by social media presence and appearing on TV than actually legislating. They have motivated young voters to turn out, which means the higher percentage of young voters that show up, the more likely they lose. They are catering to people who will be dead in the next 10 years, and those soon to be dead voters are outnumbered by the voters they are motivating to vote against them. You cant stop change, no matter how hard you try.
Mark my words, they will shut the government down, which is the worst thing they can do, because they cant read the room, and only talking to people telling them they are doing a great job, all the while losing elections.

When it comes to abortion, there seems to be a disconnect between the GOP party leadership, and GOP voters.

I have a feeling there are a lot more pro-choice Republicans out there than the Party leadership is willing to admit.

If your not a doctor you have zero right to talk about abortion. It should not be debated on brought to a political level. If you even have a wiff of christian values, you shouldn't speak on abortion or anything educational related topic. We aren't the middle east, the fact that republicans behave like christian crusaders prove they're not fit to be elected

im kinda hoping my state turns blue so we can get rid of that Turd abbott

The voter suppression tactics going on down there are pretty alarming. I like Beto's moxy but he shot himself in the foot with bad rhetoric on guns. Coming from the South you can get moderate Republican voters to agree to gun control measures, you just can't be sensationalist about some of the sh*t you say.

All a democrat has to do is...not actually be a democrat, then they win. Amazing

imagine living a life where you are constantly putting your political party fan fiction on twitter. Then imagine you are the follower of said person..........
Imagine cucking yourself to tucker carlsons with every post you make on a karate forum.... Oh wait. You don't have to

The voter suppression tactics going on down there are pretty alarming. I like Beto's moxy but he shot himself in the foot with bad rhetoric on guns. Coming from the South you can get moderate Republican voters to agree to gun control measures, you just can't be sensationalist about some of the sh*t you say.

Yeah i liked Beto as well, but if he didnt say shit about guns he easily would have won. Reality is nobody here actually likes abbot or Turd cruze

Back