Democratic Party Sues Trump, Russia, Trump Campaign

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Democratic Party sued Russia, President Donald Trump’s campaign and WikiLeaks on Friday, charging that they conspired to disrupt the 2016 U.S. presidential election, a court filing showed.

The party alleges in the federal lawsuit in Manhattan that top Trump campaign officials conspired with the Russian government and its military spy agency to hurt Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and tilt the election to Trump by hacking Democratic Party computers.

The lawsuit also names Donald Trump Jr., Trump associate Roger Stone and Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, as defendants.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...egedly-disrupting-2016-election-idUSKBN1HR2BE

DONALD TRUMP BTFO!!!

Hopefully this helps to get the information out about this conspiracy against the American People.
Not sure I understand how this lawsuit is supposed to work. Are they just trying to make documents and other evidence public?

The lawsuit, should it go forward, seems likely to help keep the spotlight on the issue of Russian election interference and possible collusion by the Trump campaign. Both are being investigated by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, whose office declined to comment on the Democratic lawsuit.

Through the process of legal discovery, lawyers for the Democratic Party could force the defendants to produce documents they say relate to the collusion issue.

If only there was someone investigating this whole Russia collusion thing.

Not sure I understand how this lawsuit is supposed to work. Are they just trying to make documents and other evidence public?
I'm not sure either. That article wasn't really in depth enough. It seems likely that they're trying to make things public via the discovery process, but we'll have see how it unfolds. There's no guarantee it even gets that far.

This is a crazy move. It’ll just draw attention back to those emails and what they revealed. I guess the DNC is still all-in convinced on the Russian collusion story and somehow fear the Mueller probe won’t deliver the goods

Last edited:
Btw, for you folks with short attention spans.

This is politics 101.

Just last night Comey notes leaked, both Meuller and rosenstien put out statements that trump is not the target, a week that’s made democrats and their whores in the media look like fools.

Hmmm, how do we keep all that out of the headlines???

Dump this laughable law suit we’ve had cobbled together for months.

That’s how this works, that’s how all of this works...

ROFL.

That's some desperate shit.
It's as meaningless, as desperate, and as vacuously partisan as what the GOP put forward with the "criminal referral" bullshit.

But I bet you liked that one.

A party that actually did try to rig the election and was caught in a conspiracy with CNN to prepare Hillary for the debates by giving her the questions is suing.

This is getting crazier and crazier.

Leftists are a disease.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bernie says,

c49144fff30402292c73288947968186.jpg

Is Assange a journalist with such protections? Is publishing something on a website make your a journalist? Whistleblowers are often tried and jailed. Did Assange work with the hackers to get the info or simply publish what they received? Did Assange and Wikileaks have an agenda other than journalistic release? Didn't they sit on RNC information?

I will say Assange/Wikileaks is the weak link of this action. Trump cheerleading the releasing of the stolen information and praising wikileaks for doing so is obvious. Russia stole it - illegal. America imprisons hackers all the time. Trump publicly asked Putin to find Hillary's lost emails and praised wikileaks for releasing the stolen information near 200 times in the last month of his campaign AFTER he was briefed by Intel Services that Russia was behind the hack.

I believe your correct this seems to make the most sense. I think they gave up on the Senate to do anything. Recently the New York court is going after documents.

A party that actually did try to rig the election and was caught in a conspiracy with CNN to prepare Hillary for the debates by giving here the questions is suing.

This is getting crazier and crazier.

Leftists are a disease.
While dumping joint campaign funding in to Hillary's account. The DNC definitely undermined the democratic process more than anyone.

It's as meaningless, as desperate, and as vacuously partisan as what the GOP put forward with the "criminal referral" bullshit.

But I bet you liked that one.

You talkin' about McCabe?

The lawsuit echoes a similar legal tactic that the Democratic Party used during the Watergate scandal. In 1972, the DNC filed suit against then-President Richard Nixon’s reelection committee seeking $1 million in damages for the break-in at Democratic headquarters in the Watergate building.

The suit was denounced at the time by Nixon’s attorney general, John Mitchell, who called it a case of “sheer demagoguery” by the DNC. But the civil action brought by the DNC’s then-chairman, Lawrence F. O’Brien, was ultimately successful, yielding a $750,000 settlement from the Nixon campaign that was reached on the day in 1974 that Nixon left office.

The suit filed Friday seeks millions of dollars in compensation to offset damage it claims the party suffered from the hacks. The DNC argues that the cyberattack undermined its ability to communicate with voters, collect donations and operate effectively as its employees faced personal harassment and, in some cases, death threats.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...6fda6b404c7_story.html?utm_term=.9bf0ea4a336d

Democrats are so hard up for money, they’re filing frivolous lawsuits.

LOLOLOLOLOLLLLL

giphy.gif

It's not her fault or the democrats fault she lost and damn it, it was her turn to be president.

Back