Dennis Rodman to coach North Korea against NBA

Rodman is a awesome doge. I spent nearly a week hanging out with him and his weird entourage in his room at the Hard Rock one summer and he's a genuine person.

RIP Rodman...his made for tv movie was the shits.

He does realise that the NK soccer coach has not been seen since he got back from the 2010 world cup. Right?

Is this for real? I'd like to read some sources lol
I love Rodman though so I hope he makes it out alive lol he was about my favorite player growing up

With Rodman on on their side how can they lose?

Is this for real? I'd like to read some sources lol
I love Rodman though so I hope he makes it out alive lol he was about my favorite player growing up
"The coach was reportedly accused of betraying the leader's son, Kim Jong-un, who is expected to take over from his ailing father as leader of the world's only communist dynasty.Radio Free Asia quoted the source as saying he had heard that Kim Jung-hun had been sent to work on a building site and there were fears for his safety."

A work site what NK calls labor camps.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/jul/30/north-korea-footballers-public-mauling

I imagine the whole North Korean team will be excuted by firing squad after they lose by 200 points

"The coach was reportedly accused of betraying the leader's son, Kim Jong-un, who is expected to take over from his ailing father as leader of the world's only communist dynasty.Radio Free Asia quoted the source as saying he had heard that Kim Jung-hun had been sent to work on a building site and there were fears for his safety."

A work site what NK calls labor camps.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/jul/30/north-korea-footballers-public-mauling

Thanks! I could read about NK craziness all day

Im curious about how this relationship got started. Like did Rodman decide he wanted to meet Kim and tried to arrange it? Or was he visiting Nk and Kim heard about it and wanted to meet him and they hit it off?

Kim is a huge NBA fan. All accounts of him growing up is that he was obsessed with the NBA. He's met and had photo op's with guys like Kobe Bryant over the years(back when his dad was still in power and he was studying under a fake name). My guess is he has invited a lot of NBA players or american celebs to North Korea and only one was crazy enough to take him up on it.

Kim is a huge NBA fan. All accounts of him growing up is that he was obsessed with the NBA. He's met and had photo op's with guys like Kobe Bryant over the years(back when his dad was still in power and he was studying under a fake name). My guess is he has invited a lot of NBA players or american celebs to North Korea and only one was crazy enough to take him up on it.

His dad was obsessed with Jordan (Rodman's teammate) and considered a signed basketball his most prized possession. But as far as coaching a North Korean team against NBA players....

385.gif

must win game for rodman

Wouldnt shock me if the NBA players take it a bit easy on North Korea to make Rodman look good. Surely Kim, being an NBA fan should have somewhat realistic expectations on the result. Maybe if it's only a 40 point drubbing Rodman can simply spend the rest of his life in a labor camp and avoid execution. It's the least the NBA can do for a hall of famer.

Back