Deontay Wilder or George Foreman - Who punches harder? (The Finals)

Who punches harder?

• Total voters
Not really a fair comparison.. Wilder is a low-volume counterpuncher, who puts everything he has into one punch. That one punch may be harder than the punches Foreman typically lands, but Foreman can throw heavy hands all night long from every angle.

Foreman because he hits hard enough he can develop KO power with just a jab. Wilder cannot. Foreman wins.

George almost looks casual when he knocks people out. I'd say it's him

It’s not just how Foreman knocked you out it’s also who he knocked out.

Wilder hasn’t done that. His highest profile knockout is an older Ortiz.

The only elite guy he’s faced so far took his power and beat him soundly and that elite guy’s been down before by smaller lighter guys.

Wilder needs more information to be put in his column before we anoint him Top 5.

Shannon Briggs, Axel Schulz, Lou Savarese, Alex Stewart, Crawford Grimsley.

Bigfoot Martin went 10 with him too.
that's his last 4 fights, when he was 46 to 48 years old.

if we're going to pretend like this isn't a question about their primes, then yeah, i'm absolutely certain foreman isn't a big heavyweight puncher anymore at 74 years old.

i was trying to find a docu that Don King's youtube channel uploaded right after Jim Brown died, where it had some rare footage I'd never seen. His site took it down, maybe because smallminded people were complaining that the sound was wonky but it had some great footage with Jim narrating in Zaire. Couldn't find that one but found this one: what's interesting was that George was helping to train younger/more inexperienced fighters, it's not a mode I ever saw young George in and it surprised me how knowledgable he was about what he was doing. He was no "mummy" as Ali called him, and he was a real force of nature. Maybe only Ali could have beaten him that night in Zaire, that means of all heavyweights.

that's his last 4 fights, when he was 46 to 48 years old.

if we're going to pretend like this isn't a question about their primes, then yeah, i'm absolutely certain foreman isn't a big heavyweight puncher anymore at 74 years old.
No window was specified.
OK then. How about Jimmy Young?
Stewart was at the peak of his comeback 2 fights BEFORE he beat Moorer. Mike Tyson KOd the same guy in a round or two. Everett Martin was in 1989.
Only guy Wilder didn't KO was Fury.

who would you rather take one punch from? Who would you rather take a one round beat down from? Apples and oranges.

this sums it up perfectly. George is going to punish the ever living crap out of you, and you are gonna just wake up saying what happened with Deontay.

I don’t know, I think I’d rather just take them one punch from Deontay, but then again, that wasn’t the question that was asked.

Last edited:
Wilder and I don’t think its debatable anymore, the Bronze Bomber was born to punch and doesn’t have an equal.

Wilder is likely the hardest puncher ever in boxing, but I think Francis Ngannou could like match power with him.

I hope they do fight each other one day in the next few years before either one retires and before they lose their level of marketability.

Wilder is likely the hardest puncher ever in boxing, but I think Francis Ngannou could like match power with him.

I hope they do fight each other one day in the next few years before either one retires and before they lose their level of marketability.

I'm certain that most HW boxers Francis size would have had the same results had they landed the same with 4oz gloves. So I'm not sure there's anything "special" about him besides the fact that he's a big-strong guy.

That doesn’t sound right at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: mon
You two are geeking out over bag work? Who cares if it's real or not. We already know that Big George hit like a truck.

This is a continuation to these threads.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/out-of-these-boxers-which-4-are-the-hardest-punchers.4307935/

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/earnie-shavers-or-deontay-wilder-who-punches-harder.4307999/

deontay-wilder-george-foreman.jpg

Ive never seen Deontay break any boxing bags ...just saying .

Hail Foreman

Back