Social Desperate young Guatemalans try to reach the US even after horrific deaths of migrating relatives

They should stay and make their own country better running away doesn't solve their countries problems.

If 3 generations of my family had stayed in Mexico, mexico would be a far better country today.

it was crippled by folks running to the U.S for 100 years.
People take action to improve their lives and that of their immediate family, not with the intention of solving their country's problems.

Absolutely no one in the world does this.

Exactly. A few will send some back but they're also buying cars, clothes, food, furniture, electronic devices, property, etc., in the US.

In big cities like Houston, the main streets in immigrant neighborhoods look like this

348s.jpg

17RAJA-WEB4-jumbo.jpg

Just full of commercial activity. Yeah, it looks ugly, and yeah, some are a little rundown (they are immigrants, after all) but there is definitely a lot money being moved around.

Hilarious that the same side that's in love with small businesses is also hysterical about the "immigrant invasion!"

Immigrant neighborhoods are absolutely teeming with small, mom-and-pop businesses.

- I think those ones look pretty.

When migrants come here, they usually find a job, that nobody wants and go around with their lives. Thats used to be our ancestors decades agoa also.

They should stay and make their own country better running away doesn't solve their countries problems.

If 3 generations of my family had stayed in Mexico, mexico would be a far better country today.

- You wondt be alive and posting here. The mexican cartel and corruption is too powerfull. Even the guy on my avatar wond't make a huge diference there.

- You wondt be alive and posting here. The mexican cartel and corruption is too powerfull. Even the guy on my avatar wond't make a huge diference there.
Lol I love it when people who never go to mexico tell me about mexico I go every year to one of the most dangerous states. you speak from a complete pov of ignorance about mexico. using your logic all my relatives over there right now should be dead. If anything There would be even less cartel if mexico had fixed all its problems 60 years ago and had the manpower from all the generations that ran to the u.s. us running away to U.S was not good for the Mexican population and development of their country.

Im not saying the US has not had a hand in the woes of Guatemala, im asking what can be done moving forward that won't be seen as blatant interventionism.
Oh, it will be blatant interventionism. I thought you were referring to the corruption in the governments. We facilitated that corruption. Fixing it will require the same, if not more, intervention.

Read this back to yourself. Slowly. Don't rush.

Oh, it will be blatant interventionism. I thought you were referring to the corruption in the governments. We facilitated that corruption. Fixing it will require the same, if not more, intervention.

Again, why do you think the world would see that interventionism with a good lens? its a damned if you do, damned if you dont kind of situation

Back