Destiny 2, v1: Keep your spoilers to yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure did. Big thing to take away here is that Destiny 2 is now officially in the hands of the "Live Team." So I guess that means the main team is already working on Destiny 3 so that's kind of cool in the sense that they will have a ton of development time to make it the way they want it to be.

I'm going to copy-pasta the date from the Reddit link here about the Twitchcon stream, but here's the link for those who are curious to see the actual examples of new gear / armor / ghosts / ships etc.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/77q1de/destiny_live_twitch_reveal_seasons/

"
  • Torch has been passed from team who made Destiny 2 to the team that is maintaining it aka the Live Team.
  • Live Team's goals:
    • New reasons to keep playing
    • New pursuites, rituals, and challenges.
    • And more..
    • Examples: Iron Banner, Faction Rally's, etc.
  • Expansion 1 - Winter 2017 aka Osiris DLC
  • Seasons:
    • Max level so that old/smaller clans have a chance vs only larger more active clans to dominate. Keeps everything on a more fair level.
    • Seasons have themes associated with them. They take feedback from the community for adding and adjusting things such as new emotes, rewards, etc.
    • Goals:
    • More predictable time tables (what to expect and when)
    • Destiny 2 year 1: 4 seasons
    • Make big changes to the game
    • Sandbox tuning, new features, more content
    • Big patches to change the meta, etc.
    • Meant so you don't feel like you have to play Destiny ALL the time.
    • Season 2: The Dawning will make a return shortly after the launch.
    • Ice Hockey will be enabled
    • Other Easter Eggs
    • You can have snowball fights
    • Event affects will be throughout the world, not just the social space.
    • Armor preview
    • Armor, Weapons, Shaders, and possibly emotes will come
    • Iron Banner - What Bungie Learned:
    • 1,500 YEARS worth of time played between all guardians.
    • Learned how we interacted with the loot system. Will be changes to loot such as letting us direct purchase guns via tokens and legendary shards.
    • The token economy is not always the best way for everything.
    • Unlock ornaments via gameplay vs tokens for some events in the future.
    • Heard community feedback of wanting rewards more meaningful.
    • One more Iron Banner in Season 1.
    • For Season 2, there will be an ornaments slot requiring an objective to unlock to show that you completed a limited event objective.
    • Some new gear
    • Perks and stats will be updated.
    • There will be a complimentary energy and kinetic weapon so you can have one of each.
    • Trials of The Nine
    • There will be ornaments as well, not shown yet but "They look really cool"
    • Updated weapons, both visual look and perks
    • Faction Rally
    • Data was tallied cross-platform.
    • One more in Season 1
    • Screenshot
    • For Season 2 there will be changes to promote playing with a fireteam more vs just solo.
Season 2

• Facton Rally
  • Clarion Call:
    • When: Before end of Season 1
    • Double XP while playing activities with your Fireteam
    • Pilot: Clan collaboration required
    • Screenshot
  • Bright Engrams
    • All the emotes, and other rewards from it will be updated and changed
    • New Mic Drop emote
  • Fun Fact: Bungie has a recording studio that they record the emotes.
  • New transmat effects
  • Exotic Ships
  • Exotic Sparrows
  • Ghosts
  • Shaders
    • Shaders stay season over season (Unless Bungie adjusts down the line, no plays at the moment)
    • They heard our feedback over deleting shaders in mass - On the to do list.
  • Armor
    • Changes in bright engrams when season changes
    • New armor with new seasons
  • Crucible Maps
    • When certain rituals complete special maps goes live to entire circulation - Example
    • Such as the Trials of Nine map, Raid themed map, Shores of time themed from Destiny 1, etc.
Sandbox Tuning

• What is the sandbox? The playable space.
  • Diagnosing the Meta - Data view
  • They have data on basically everything you do such as most played subclass, weapon, what bullets fired from what weapon, usage of basically everything in game.
Clans

• Clan rank resets at Season 2
  • New perks to earn, targeted at what the game goals are (based on the Season themes)
  • Clan rewards
  • You can change the staff/bar in the middle based on clan rewards from seasons.
  • Clan engram updates
    • Make sure loot pool updates
More Info

"
I mean that all seems like a lot of fluff with not a lot of substance but, from what they've shown the last three years, the Live Team has a better understanding of what players want. Some of this shit just screams that Bungo is very out of touch. Like, this game is on life support a little over a month after its release, people aren't going to come back for exotic ships, sparrows, masks, or other basic cosmetic shit. Why do we need double xp for during this Clarion Call thing? I doubt they're going to raise the level cap this early. Is it just so we can get more bright engrams and unlock some fucking emotes?

I understand that they can't just come out and say 'these are the changes we're making..' because..

a.) Activision has the final say in what ever Bungo decides to tell us
b.)If they do it now it will hurt the PC release which is all they care about right now.

Say what you will about Blizzards most recent changes to Overwatch, but they're constantly keeping their player base updated on whats on the horizon and what changes they're looking at making. Bungo gives us the same canned answers week after week in their 'This Week At Bungie' and leaves us, for the most part, in the dark.

I want to love this game like I did the first one and dump thousands of hours in but they're not giving me a reason to.

The current numbers playing Destiny 2 are deceiving : so many people have chosen to wait to get the game on PC so the numbers don't look as good as they will in the next few weeks. Game's not perfect and Bungie just did a whole panel talking about the changes they're going to make to bring it more inline with what the community wants. Seasons are a good start but there's more ships / armor / weapons coming which aren't re-skins. The reality is that who gives a shit if a weapon is re-skinned when all that really matters is how well the weapons perform. Too many people whining about shit that was exactly the same in D1 but now it's somehow a travesty to have only a few different weapon models.

so more pushing of playing in a fireteam & being a member of a clan

Yep, game is exponentially better when playing with a group or in a fireteam. D1 was the same way and it's obviously Bungie's or Activision's intention to make it a social game rather than a single player.

I mean that all seems like a lot of fluff with not a lot of substance but, from what they've shown the last three years, the Live Team has a better understanding of what players want. Some of this shit just screams that Bungo is very out of touch. Like, this game is on life support a little over a month after its release, people aren't going to come back for exotic ships, sparrows, masks, or other basic cosmetic shit. Why do we need double xp for during this Clarion Call thing? I doubt they're going to raise the level cap this early. Is it just so we can get more bright engrams and unlock some fucking emotes?

I understand that they can't just come out and say 'these are the changes we're making..' because..

a.) Activision has the final say in what ever Bungo decides to tell us
b.)If they do it now it will hurt the PC release which is all they care about right now.

Say what you will about Blizzards most recent changes to Overwatch, but they're constantly keeping their player base updated on whats on the horizon and what changes they're looking at making. Bungo gives us the same canned answers week after week in their 'This Week At Bungie' and leaves us, for the most part, in the dark.

I want to love this game like I did the first one and dump thousands of hours in but they're not giving me a reason to.

This is all fair criticism and I can't really argue. We don't know exactly what's coming down the pipeline but we just got Prestige Mode for the raid, Challenge Mode is coming in a couple weeks, we've got Iron Banner and Faction Wars making a return, we have "The Dawning" coming for the holidays and then the DLC. I know PvP players are miffed about Trials and I understand the anger, but it's still better than having people hiding in walls and shooting you from out of nowhere. Trials will be back in 11 days so it's not like it's gone forever. I still like the idea of Bungie finally telling us what's going on so we can stop wondering. They mentioned a weapon re-balance in the not too distant future (RIP pulse grenades I'm sure) so it shows they're listening and trying to make the changes necessary.

I'm excited to see what's going to happen with the game. I'm still enjoying playing it for a couple hours here and there so for me I'm very content. I actually love the PvP and I've gotten very good at "disrupting" the hallway shootouts by flanking. It's a great feeling walking up to 3 people hardscoping and knowing I can wipe them with a grenade and some sidearm shots. ; )

The current numbers playing Destiny 2 are deceiving : so many people have chosen to wait to get the game on PC so the numbers don't look as good as they will in the next few weeks. Game's not perfect and Bungie just did a whole panel talking about the changes they're going to make to bring it more inline with what the community wants. Seasons are a good start but there's more ships / armor / weapons coming which aren't re-skins. The reality is that who gives a shit if a weapon is re-skinned when all that really matters is how well the weapons perform. Too many people whining about shit that was exactly the same in D1 but now it's somehow a travesty to have only a few different weapon models.
I reshade all my guns anyways so not a big deal about reskins never cared what the guns looked like in D1 other then the Omolon hand cannons "the vanity" and the cap and ball looking byronic hero I didn't like those. Hopefully the live team will give the guns more pickable perks if they aren't bringing back random rolls because just picking your sight and type of rounds is bs.

Yep, game is exponentially better when playing with a group or in a fireteam. D1 was the same way and it's obviously Bungie's or Activision's intention to make it a social game rather than a single player.
better for you not me I barely played anything in D1 that needed a fireteam. I don't play destiny for a social experience if I wanted that I'd go play a MMORPG or MOBA most my time in D1 and D2 so far has been running around doing patrol shit. If I can't solo the stuff I'd rather not do it most the stuff in D1 was soloable outside of trials and the raids D2 isn't going that way. I don't like having to rely on people carring me and I hate playing with reckless players and most of all dislike wasting my time because I don't know what I'm doing or other players are doing stupid shit.

better for you not me I barely played anything in D1 that needed a fireteam. I don't play destiny for a social experience if I wanted that I'd go play a MMORPG or MOBA most my time in D1 and D2 so far has been running around doing patrol shit. If I can't solo the stuff I'd rather not do it most the stuff in D1 was soloable outside of trials and the raids D2 isn't going that way. I don't like having to rely on people carring me and I hate playing with reckless players and most of all dislike wasting my time because I don't know what I'm doing or other players are doing stupid shit.

What did you solo in D1 that you can't solo in D2? All the Nightfalls have been solo'd, you can solo queue for all crucible with the exception of Trials. What's the difference?

What did you solo in D1 that you can't solo in D2? All the Nightfalls have been solo'd, you can solo queue for all crucible with the exception of Trials. What's the difference?
can you solo a nightfall in D2 by yourself? Just because some ppl can do it doesn't mean everyone can it's like with the ToO in D1 there was that one guy doing 1 vs 3 does that mean everyone can. The Nightfalls in D1 was fairly easy to solo even when they had the kto in play you just had to take your time even when they brought in the sunrise bounty there was ones you could solo and still get the sunrise. In this one good luck unless you find some way to cheese it. Even the public events in this one are harder some of those public events are a fucking pain then triggering the heroic one by yourself pffft. Soloing every public event in D1 was able to be done it didn't matter if it was a normal public event, the dark below Knight ones, the fallen wolves ones with the chest, TTK blight champions, or doing the court of Oryx / archons forge.

can you solo a nightfall in D2 by yourself? Just because some ppl can do it doesn't mean everyone can it's like with the ToO in D1 there was that one guy doing 1 vs 3 does that mean everyone can. The Nightfalls in D1 was fairly easy to solo even when they had the kto in play you just had to take your time even when they brought in the sunrise bounty there was ones you could solo and still get the sunrise. In this one good luck unless you find some way to cheese it. Even the public events in this one are harder some of those public events are a fucking pain then triggering the heroic one by yourself pffft. Soloing every public event in D1 was able to be done it didn't matter if it was a normal public event, the dark below Knight ones, the fallen wolves ones with the chest, TTK blight champions, or doing the court of Oryx / archons forge.

Hmmm... so you want the content to be considerably easier to solo? Kind of defeats the point of designing the content to be completed with a fireteam. People are soloing the Prestige Nightfalls... so if you're a full on solo player you should be working towards easily soloing the normal Nightfall. This guy solo'd this weeks Prestige Nightfall without firing a single shot.

I think I've solo'd all of the Heroic Public events... really just depends on your particular loadout / ability set for each of the public events. The double walkers on Titan are super easy to solo, as well as the "glimmer drills" with the Fallen. ALL of the Cabal ones are pretty easy to solo. The most difficult one I think is the Hive one on Titan and that's because there's just so many adds at once.

People also kind of forget how fucking hard the Nightfalls were in year 1 for a fireteam; let alone a solo. If there weren't significant "cheese spots" in all of the rooms the end bosses wouldn't haven't been able to be solo'd, so all D2 did was ensure those spots either didn't exist or that they aren't as useful as in D1.

Nightfall was brutally tough in year 1. No cheese meant no clear for quite a few teams. Are people forgetting that a wipe meant back to orbit?

Nightfall was brutally tough in year 1. No cheese meant no clear for quite a few teams. Are people forgetting that a wipe meant back to orbit?

It would depend on the Nightfall. I used to do it all the time. I loved soloing the nightfall 3 times in a single day in Vanilla and get such great rewards like:

1. 6 Strange Coins
2. 5 Strange Coins
3. 2 Ascendant Shards

Ah, GREAT TIMES!

Hmmm... so you want the content to be considerably easier to solo? Kind of defeats the point of designing the content to be completed with a fireteam. People are soloing the Prestige Nightfalls... so if you're a full on solo player you should be working towards easily soloing the normal Nightfall. This guy solo'd this weeks Prestige Nightfall without firing a single shot.

I think I've solo'd all of the Heroic Public events... really just depends on your particular loadout / ability set for each of the public events. The double walkers on Titan are super easy to solo, as well as the "glimmer drills" with the Fallen. ALL of the Cabal ones are pretty easy to solo. The most difficult one I think is the Hive one on Titan and that's because there's just so many adds at once.

People also kind of forget how fucking hard the Nightfalls were in year 1 for a fireteam; let alone a solo. If there weren't significant "cheese spots" in all of the rooms the end bosses wouldn't haven't been able to be solo'd, so all D2 did was ensure those spots either didn't exist or that they aren't as useful as in D1.

Soloing Nightfalls in year one is how I learned to play the game. I had no friends and didn't want to use the lfg sites so I learned how to solo all the Nightfalls. I think the first one I solo'd was Phogoth back when armor-piercing rounds would go through the walls of the room with the Shrieker. It was either that or an arc-burn Sepiks Prime and I just used Patience and Time.

It would depend on the Nightfall. I used to do it all the time. I loved soloing the nightfall 3 times in a single day in Vanilla and get such great rewards like:

1. 6 Strange Coins
2. 5 Strange Coins
3. 2 Ascendant Shards

Ah, GREAT TIMES!

This is funny... people whining about the rewards in D2 are forgetting about how god awful the rewards were in D1. Doing an entire raid and getting nothing but upgrade materials and a fucking sparrow which blew up if you went too fast for too long. Strange coins were pretty useful in D1 though because exotics were much harder to come by during regular play, so until Three of Coins came out Strange Coins were still good rewards.

Remember when TTK dropped and people were getting an Antiquated Rune for their Nightfall reward? LMAO... "your reward for completing the Nightfall is 1/3 of what you'll need to go and do something else to try and get an actual reward."

most nightfalls was easily beatable if you didn't play stupid they all had their safe spots. The only thing that screwed with me was lightswitch and I skipped most of them with that.

This is funny... people whining about the rewards in D2 are forgetting about how god awful the rewards were in D1. Doing an entire raid and getting nothing but upgrade materials and a fucking sparrow which blew up if you went too fast for too long. Strange coins were pretty useful in D1 though because exotics were much harder to come by during regular play, so until Three of Coins came out Strange Coins were still good rewards.

Remember when TTK dropped and people were getting an Antiquated Rune for their Nightfall reward? LMAO... "your reward for completing the Nightfall is 1/3 of what you'll need to go and do something else to try and get an actual reward."
the rewards aren't the problem it's the lack of fucking content getting the same shit agian and agian and agian. Maybe I liked getting my sparrow horn kit as a nightfall reward (I didn't) but atleast it's better then getting a piece of gear that I've already sharded 20 times.

I didn't mind the Strange Coins, but you were guaranteed 9 of them for completing the Weekly Heroic so getting less than that was a bit irritating, but funny.

Lol, got the Mida multi tool today. Really wasn’t to hard to get once I started.

the rewards aren't the problem it's the lack of fucking content getting the same shit agian and agian and agian. Maybe I liked getting my sparrow horn kit as a nightfall reward (I didn't) but atleast it's better then getting a piece of gear that I've already sharded 20 times.

Time to stop playing buddy. You know what the game is right now and it's obvious you don't enjoy it. Come back for the events or maybe the DLC but no point of investing your time into something which you're not enjoying. You're offering nothing to the actual D2 conversation here except that you don't like anything about the game. We get it... many of us like the direction they went with D2 and are enjoying ourselves.

No the rewards are part of the equation. They made it way too easy to reach max level and get most of the weapons as well. You can skip the raid and do everything else and still get to 305. In vanilla D1 your level only got you so far and running the raid to hunt for raid weapons/gear to reach to max level were the reason D1 was so much fun. The drop rates are too high IMO and I have almost every exotics.

The game is fun and my clan hasn't tackled prestige raid yet but that's probably next week. The content is a bit lacking once we complet3 it. There's nothing in prestige raid that's screaming must have and from what I've read so far it's a bit cheesy (withholding heavy ammo drops).

Anyway the game is still awesome. Just hope the next DLC is better than this one cause I am gettIng bored. Then again I played the shit out of D1 for almost 3 years and this the same just cleaned up. Maybe I am just burned out from this series? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back