Devon Alexander vs. Marcos Maidana

I can't believe Soto is finally fighting somebody with a pulse. Would have liked to see Marquez face Peterson but damn good card though.

AlKDcEFCAAAELT2.jpg

I'd like to root for Alexander, he seems to have the tools, but man I hate how he throws short of the target and pulls on his punches to give the illusion of showy fast hands...he really can generate some power if he sits down on them but he is committed to that awful rapid flurry, single jab in and out style...drives me nuts...I want to see the guy that damn near killed Urango not the tentative, jumpy guy who barely commits to offense unless trapped against the ropes...

Didn't an Argentinian just beat Alexander in his hometown?..... Oh wait that was Matthysse and he got robbed. I think Maidana can beat him up and possibly KO him, but I'm thinking he'll lose a decision that most people think he won, similair to the Matthysse fight.

I don't mind Alexander but that grunting noise he makes when he throws punches is definitely annoying. I did love that first knockdown in the Urango fight where he hit him so hard with that uppercut he literally lifted him off the ground. I think for this fight though he’ll be able to out point Maidana but I’ve been wrong plenty times in the past.

@Hoganphotos Tom Hogan

"Gotta love that Steve Smoger is ref for @ChinoMaidana vs Alexander. Smoger loves to see a good fight too"

@Hoganphotos Tom Hogan

"Gotta love that Steve Smoger is ref for @ChinoMaidana vs Alexander. Smoger loves to see a good fight too"

Someone is going to bed. Steve will keep the action coming.

Who is everyone picking?

Going w/ Maidana also. Hoping for a late round TKO.

Back