Television DEXTER: NEW BLOOD (Premieres Nov. 7, 2021) (SPOILERS)

Decent season but I’m not blown away by it. Was expecting much more. Mr Krabs is easily the best character, he just commands the screen.

Holy shit some of the dialogue is borderline amateur level though, more specially Dexter’s internal monologues. I’ve never seen exposition done so lazily before.
<Dany07>

What’s wrong hombre

im being a little harsh. i just find film critics to be so in their head that they cant enjoy what is.... seems like a diminished mental state to me way more often than not.

Episode 9 revealed Angela and Dexter to both be superhuman: Dexter can fully recover from a rifle shot to the leg overnight, and Angela can teleport from couch to a seat on the other side of the room.

I wonder what Harrison's superpower will be.

im being a little harsh. i just find film critics to be so in their head that they cant enjoy what is.... seems like a diminished mental state to me way more often than not.

I’ve always enjoyed Dexter even with all its faults. I just can’t get past some of the ‘in-your-face’ exposition of episode 8. It was bad. More specifically when he was running through the woods and his voice over said “I need to get out of here” or something along those lines. I mean was that really needed? We could see he was running for his life.

Dexter has never had the highest quality dialogue but that was just a whole new level. Having said that, there’s still a lot I like about this season, such as Harrison’s character, Kurt’s character and the overall creepiness of his little hobby.

If they manage to wrap it up nicely next week with a satisfying payoff then I’ll be able to get past the other stuff.

I’ve always enjoyed Dexter even with all its faults. I just can’t get past some of the ‘in-your-face’ exposition of episode 8. It was bad. More specifically when he was running through the woods and his voice over said “I need to get out of here” or something along those lines. I mean was that really needed? We could see he was running for his life.

Go watch S6-S8. The inner monologue has been fine, compared to what they did with it in those seasons. Although, it was never all that...measured. Even in the good seasons, the inner monologues can be a bit on the nose and corny.

Anyways, I'm thinking this goes one of two ways. Either Harrison kills the cop and Dexter kills him, or Harrison kills Dexter. I hope there's a third option I'm not seeing, because those two are a little too obvious. They wouldn't be bad, but just a bit predictable.

Good season overall. There are definitely some weaknesses, but it's still been so much better than the absolute joke the last three seasons were.

Go watch S6-S8. The inner monologue has been fine, compared to what they did with it in those seasons. Although, it was never all that...measured. Even in the good seasons, the inner monologues can be a bit on the nose and corny.

Anyways, I'm thinking this goes one of two ways. Either Harrison kills the cop and Dexter kills him, or Harrison kills Dexter. I hope there's a third option I'm not seeing, because those two are a little too obvious. They wouldn't be bad, but just a bit predictable.

Good season overall. There are definitely some weaknesses, but it's still been so much better than the absolute joke the last three seasons were.
third option is the cop doesn't turn dexter in because he caught and killed a serial killer who killed her close friend when the law could not.

Dexter is gwan to prison - foreshadowed when Debra mentions it to him in one of his "visions" and said "Prison/institution would've been the best option" or something along those lines.

Does anyone notice how weird Harrison chews food or is it just me? Watch that dude chew food...it looks weird.

I really, really like this show. I know the Dexter formula, so I knew it would take a few episodes to get things going, but it's full up now.

Favorite scene from this new series happened in the last episode. When Dexter goes down to the room to stop the weirdo from potentially trapping the podcast chick in there was perfect, I was laughing the whole time. Michael C. Hall always delivers in those scenes where he has Dexter playing stupid like that.

Predictions:
- Dexter will inevitably kill that weird dude with the room
- Harrison, who by that point will have developed a strong bond with said weirdo, will kill Dexter. Probably brutally.
- The podcast lady will connect everything and the secret will be revealed to the world...Dexter was the Bay Harbor Butcher OR they pin the new murders of these women on Dexter. People back at Miami P.D. will hear about it.
- Harrison either dies too or he goes off into the sunset at the hero who stopped his dad.
Wasn’t completely right, but wasn’t completely wrong with my predictions.

I wish Dexter had killed Vince so he could follow him around for this season cracking jokes and shit.

Vince was like the best part of the last four seasons of the original 8.

This season was a lot better than the dog shit Finale of season 8. Not bad.

Mannnnnnnnnnnn, that was utter bullshit! How can they
Kill off freakin Dexter Morgan. I guess people got their wish who bitched and cried about him surviving all that in season 8

Highly doubtful. Even if she's not his biological mother, she was a mother figure for him since she raised him. He wouldn't develop sexual feelings for her. When you live in a family unit with someone, or are raised as if you are family, it's rare for sexual attraction to happen. There's empirical evidence of this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westermarck_effect

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest_taboo

What are you, some kind of incest expert?

smirk-wink.gif

I thought it was underwhelming.

Dexter was always the villain but they didn't sugar coat it at all this season, he was just straight up evil.

I guess this answers the question about what he would have done if Lila hadn't killed Doakes, and the code was just an excuse the entire time.

There's talk of a Harrison season. I guess Robin had success away from Batman, so there's a one in a million chance it wouldn't be terrible.

Back