Television DEXTER: NEW BLOOD (Premieres Nov. 7, 2021) (SPOILERS)

I’ve always enjoyed Dexter even with all its faults. I just can’t get past some of the ‘in-your-face’ exposition of episode 8. It was bad. More specifically when he was running through the woods and his voice over said “I need to get out of here” or something along those lines. I mean was that really needed? We could see he was running for his life.

Dexter has never had the highest quality dialogue but that was just a whole new level. Having said that, there’s still a lot I like about this season, such as Harrison’s character, Kurt’s character and the overall creepiness of his little hobby.

If they manage to wrap it up nicely next week with a satisfying payoff then I’ll be able to get past the other stuff.

The books are so terrible they'll help you forgive any flaw the show ever had. In the books the "dark passenger" is an actual demon possessing him, and it leaves him for an entire book; he's miserable and begs it to come back.

Mannnnnnnnnnnn, that was utter bullshit! How can they
Kill off freakin Dexter Morgan. I guess people got their wish who bitched and cried about him surviving all that in season 8
I would have been ok with it if they did a a time jump into the future where they are in Vegas and Harrison kills him for all the people he killed to get away with what he has done and broke "the code". Harrison told Dexter he never really lived by the code as he has and has never killed a innocent person. God angle / slightly bad angle give and take.

I predicted Dexter would kill Harrison or he'd get killed by him earlier in the thread, but I'm kind of disappointed now.

In the last 10 minutes of the finale, I was hoping he'd be like 'ahh fvck the code', killed his son when he was pointing the gun at him and the next season would be Dexter on the run and going full evil, killing anybody, innocent or not, to survive.

Everybody now knows he's the bay harbour butcher. no more pretending, no more BS, its just die or survive for him now.

I also hoped they would show him confronting Batista, sucks that they didn't.

I enjoyed the Finale. I guess the question is....

...will there be another Season with Harrison where Dexter is the Harry/Deb role as the Dark Passenger for Harrison?
I certainly hope not. The guy who played Harrison could not act for a damn. He was seriously an awful character. Everything in New Blood felt rushed. Harrison shows up, a few days later Angela meets Batista and says Harrison’s name. How convenient. Angela solved BHB in a matter of a couple of weeks. Dexter killing the cop was so out of character. The show had so much potential but they literally killed off one of the most fascinating characters in television history. The writer did say he’d do a season 2 in a heartbeat but again the guy who plays Harrison is awful. The character is so whinny and awful. It just won’t work. Save face, and make what happened in the last episode a dream sequence in the last ten minutes. We need more MCH, less off Harrison.

I enjoyed the Finale. I guess the question is....

...will there be another Season with Harrison where Dexter is the Harry/Deb role as the Dark Passenger for Harrison?

Yeah, this entire season is a set up for Harrison to get his own spinoff.

The ending is just kind of okay. At least its not terrible.

There was a lot of Ford product placements and shitty music breaks.

Well nothing can redeem the crap from seasons 5-8 but overall I’m pretty happy with the ending.

It would have been cool to see Angel face to face with Dexter one more time though. We’ve been waiting the entire series to see his coworkers and family flip out when they discover that he’s a serial killer.

Looks like there is a possibility of a continuation with Harrison. Hopefully he resurfaces in Miami.

Edit: Ideally for me this season wouldn’t have featured Harrison at all. Although the kid did a good job. It would have been cool to see some of the old cast and Miami too. Maybe “Jim” could have saved somebody’s life and his heroics made it to the news where someone from his past life saw him and they tried to track him down.

There was a lot of missed potential but you can’t expect too much depth from Hollywood. I’m still pissed at season 5 which should have turned very dark after Rita’s murder. Instead we got the ridiculous rape club.

Last edited:
Looks like people on Dexter’s Reddit’s page are furious with this conclusion. I don’t blame them.

Also, what was the point of that billionaire in the first couple of episodes? They introduced him for no reason?

What are you, some kind of incest expert?

smirk-wink.gif
<Fedor23>

Looks like people on Dexter’s Reddit’s page are furious with this conclusion. I don’t blame them.

Also, what was the point of that billionaire in the first couple of episodes? They introduced him for no reason?

To keep you guessing which one the killer is.

The books are so terrible they'll help you forgive any flaw the show ever had. In the books the "dark passenger" is an actual demon possessing him, and it leaves him for an entire book; he's miserable and begs it to come back.

Yeah, after watching the first couple of seasons, I made the mistake of reading one of the books. Hot garbage.

This was a fantastic season on so many levels. Extremely satisfying and the ending took my totally by surprise. Harrison was an incredible actor and played a very important role in the series. The show was very much about Harrison and im glad he turned out the way he did..... a better more evolved version of Dexter. That story arch leaves one with hope.

10/10 for this last season. I only wish there had been a few more seasons or even more episodes of this one to slow it down a little and see more inside the characters emotions and such.

Last edited:
I predicted Dexter would kill Harrison or he'd get killed by him earlier in the thread, but I'm kind of disappointed now.

In the last 10 minutes of the finale, I was hoping he'd be like 'ahh fvck the code', killed his son when he was pointing the gun at him and the next season would be Dexter on the run and going full evil, killing anybody, innocent or not, to survive.

Everybody now knows he's the bay harbour butcher. no more pretending, no more BS, its just die or survive for him now.

I also hoped they would show him confronting Batista, sucks that they didn't.

that would ruin the whole premise of the show though.... that there is a way to have sympathy for a serial killer. if it took your turn there would be no interest in dexter as a character and it would just be a slasher flick.

no thanks on that story arch man.

i would have been ok with the woman cop seeing the value in what dexter has done/does in catching the guy who killed her friend...... and giving him a pass and them all living happily together with it. but that might have made it more of a dark comedy of sorts and maybe would not work out but i like the idea.

Final episode doesnt hit till tomorrow, how have you seen it?
If you're streaming it then the episodes are available after midnight on Sunday. You don't have to wait until 9 pm or whenever if you're watching Showtime live on a cable box.

Also, Astor and Cody are "budding psychopaths" who Dexter molds like Harry did to him, and Deb is a buxom blonde. :)

Back