Di Nardo Boxing

But then Winning has a proven track record with pros and amateurs a-like. That's why they don't need to sponsor any boxers or do any ads or promotions. The old timers at my gym said back in the 80's a Winning guy would just bring gloves to the gyms and let people try their gloves (also sell).

I wouldn't be proclaiming that I'm the "best in the world" (like Charlie Zelenoff) if you haven't have a proven track record with users and have been relying on bias reviewers like F*t2B*x to get your name out there and/or paying boxers to use your gloves.... especially at that price.

Yea I agree with you. I will say, his gloves do look good and I’d probably risk $2-300 on them with the off chance they aren’t spectacular but not a chance in hell Im testing his gloves for $800. I’m sure there’s plenty of other guys out there too that would spend Winning money to try DiNardos.

Anyway after explaining these things to the guy, he also felt sorry for what happened and Di Nardo decided to make another pair at the cost of shipping because he doesn't want his clients to be unsatisfied with his products.
That's good to know, glad that Di Nardo's took the correct initiative and did the right thing to do to solve your friend's problem.

I hear times that Topboxer accidentally mixed up a person's order (wrong size, single cuff instead of triple cuff) and Mr Irfan immediately solves it this way without any drama.

That's good to know, glad that Di Nardo's took the correct initiative and did the right thing to do to solve your friend's problem.

I hear times that Topboxer accidentally mixed up a person's order (wrong size, single cuff instead of triple cuff) and Mr Irfan immediately solves it this way without any drama.

I understand both sides. Thats why the middle man is very important. The guy was not informed of what he shouldnt choose. from the retailer. So he ordered the gloves with the colourful 4-leaf logo based on his taste, which was not allowed by DN because only did he offer the golden 4-leaf logo at that time, leading to the product that the guy was disappointed with.

And the customer also wanted the writings to be black but DN wasnt informed of it by the retailer, either.

Many Koreans know the retailer. He actually runs a boxing gear store here in Korea but he's been notorious for not doing his work properly, such as shipping, updating stock items and etc. However, sadly, his store is the only biggest one in Korea.

If the middle man, like the retailer, says that he didnt do anything wrong, then we cant help but believe it because we cant speak the second language, so that we dont know what's going on.

Very sad things

Last edited:
Can you post pictures of their gloves so we can see how they've held up?
Sure, I can try to ask the next time I'm back in NYC for training. But aside from them expressing that they own Di Nardo's (or Mason’s Boxing, Di Nardo's original label), frankly I never see them bring in their Di Nardo's gloves to use because they claim hate the feel of it and it better to keep them as "display" at home. I have seen fancy pictures from their phones, but never seen them in our gym.

The worst part is that because of the steep price tag of Di Nardo's, these people claim that they can't really find a market to resell it. It is like buying a very expensive, fancy luxury car that you realize that you don't like. People with that kind of dough and willing to spend it that kind of price tag wouldn't buy one at 2nd hand. Then the people that are interested in buy it for 2nd hand, wouldn't want to pay a fraction of the original price because they don't have the dough to buy it in the 1st place. It's a sad fact. That and Di Nardo's doesn't have the same proven track record that Winnings or Cletos have, so even a 2nd hand pair that is 50%+ off isn't attractive to a lot of people.

Last edited:
Di Nardo are absolute Holy grail gloves for me. I don’t have nearly enough talent to justify owning them but I still want a pair badly. Love the repadding service they offer, now that is confidence in how good your leather is!

Got any names of the gyms or athlete's?
  1. Not athletes (never claimed it was), just white collar boxers and has the disposable income to collect gloves like me
  2. Mendez & Gleason's
Of course not the old upstairs Mendez that was near Kingsway, which closed a while back, even though I used to frequent that more before I moved to NJ years ago. Under the bridge I don't think I need to speak much about.

Last edited:
Ok, this much more believable. Are they beleiveable in your opinion? A lot of glove collectors don't put in the time on the gloves to make a good assessment. Some of the gloves don't look used that much at all. No creases on the leather and s*it like that, even for some of the higher regarded reviewers here. We need guys like Clamp back, his gloves looked like they had serious round put into them, even if he was an R2C hack lol.
Like I said, it's all your judgement, nothing off my back if you don't believe me. That's the online world my friend.

Back