Diaz reportedly 'pricing himself out' of 3rd McGregor bout

Ufc can afford to pay $50mil
IF, and that is a big if, the PPV sold 2M buys the UFC would only profit 60M. To pay the headliners 50M of that is sheer insanity especially when that is 60M before any advertising, venue fees, ac fees, taxes, other fighter pay etc. Boxing is different because the venues and cable networks heavily subsidize the events.

Last edited:
Nate simply doesn't bring enough buys to be worth $20,000,000

McGregor vs Diaz 3 likely does around 300,000-500,000 buys more than most of Conor's other options. This is around an extra $15,000,000-$21,000,000 from PPV buys. And maybe an extra $3,000,000 or so on the gate.

Diaz essentially wants 100% of the premium he brings to the table making it no benefit to book him over many of the other options who would fight Conor for six figures.
Your math is HORRIBLY off. The UFC gets around half of the PPV price so at 60 each the UFC gets 9M extra for 300k buys and 15M for 500k.

Hell yes they can

60 x 1.2 million is is 120 Million. And thats just the PPV buys.

Nate shouldn't take anything less then 10 million.
Not even close. For one 1.2M * 60 is 72M not 120M. For two the UFC gets around half the ppv providers get around half. so 1.2M * 30 is 36M.

Last edited:
Conor is just trying to negotiate so he doesn't have to fight a real contender.

i'm not the biggest mcgregor fan, but you can't diss him for fighting nate based on it being an easier fight. he lost to him the first time and barely beat him the second time. the nate-trilogy fight is the biggest money fight. nate will eventually give in, and may only get something like ten or twelve million, is my guess.

i'm not the biggest mcgregor fan, but you can't diss him for fighting nate based on it being an easier fight.
I like Nate but he isn't a championship level fighter, but since he is such a hard fight fight for Conor then doesn't that mean that (at least on paper) someone like Ferguson would be even harder ?

FUCKING PLEASE, not another nonsensical fight between these two!!!!!
Conor MUST defend his belt at some point in his life and Nate MUST deserve a title shot.

Enough is enough, really.

I like Nate but he isn't a championship level fighter, but since he is such a hard fight fight for Conor then doesn't that mean that (at least on paper) someone like Ferguson would be even harder ?

we have no idea how ferguson would do against conor. it's all speculation until they actually fight. i'm only saying that both fights for conor were no walk in the parks, and he lost the first one. as a fan, i'd rather see conor fight ferguson, or another guy. but it is what it is, and if they fight for a third time, then whatever. i'm still gonna watch, and it's gonna be another great fight.

Not even close. For one 1.2M * 60 is 72M not 120M. For two the UFC gets around half the ppv providers get around half. so 1.2M * 30 is 36M.

Thank you.

I can't believe the stupidity when it comes to PPV revenue. Diaz is just making up numbers.

Further, people need to realize there are costs involved in putting on a PPV. Assuming a PPV sells for $60 and sells 1 million buys that gives you $60 million. Half goes to RCN, Direct TV, whoever. So you have $30 million to the UFC in theory. But some of that revenue goes to advertising, insurance, promoting, putting fighters up in hotels, paying the rest of the card, paying the WME debt, paying for the new UFC building and training facility.

If McDonalds sells a fries for $1, do you assume that's $1 in profit? Or do you take into account the cost of the potatoes, the rent on the store, the tv commercials, the insurance for the facility...

This is not how business works. Unless you are Floyd Mayweather and you cut out the promoter and pay up front all the costs of the event, your piece of the pie can only be so big.

After Conor gets rag dolled by Lee/Ferguson/Khabib they'll pay Nate whatever he wants for the third fight.

GOOD, make the fucker defend that belt against somebody that deserves to take it from him

He should fight Nick instead at WW. F U little bro, I am getting that money now!!

giphy.gif
Did you see the rematch.?

Or were you in jail? Latin gangbanger missed the rematch

same thing happened for 2nd fight

oh well these are negotiations and Conor has several options

lolz @ people pretending that ppv revenue is all the revenue the ufc gets.

lolz @ people pretending that ppv revenue is all the revenue the ufc gets.

Its the largest source of revenue. You should also be aware the UFC has costs and liabilities that do not include Diaz's pay.

“We’ll generate about $600 million in revenue for the year 2015, which is a record for the company and it’s a fairly significant growth coming off 2014. The exciting part of the platform that we’ve built is that we’ve been able to embrace different tiers of revenue. We have our basic pay-per-view business, that is our biggest source of revenue.

“Then we have our media rights, which is really similar to rights that we sell to FOX for all of the programming we give them. And then we have embraced the over-the-top platforms, where we launched UFC Fight Pass, which is a subscription service of $9.99 per month where you can access the entire UFC library and we also put live exclusive UFC events from around the world on that format, as well as original programming.

“So we really have those three sources of revenue to generate, three ways to monetise our contacts.” - Lorenzo Fertitta

https://www.mmamania.com/2015/12/28...rate-record-high-600-million-revenue-2015-mma

Oops I meant 2 Million x 60

Anyone els think Nate might have issues making 155? It has been a while

good. nate should ask for more so the fight doesnt happen. id rather watch mcgregor fighting a legit contender, or anyone else other than nate.

Back