Dick / Not a dick

Why didn’t you set your alarm? I don’t know, dude, when I want to make sure I don’t oversleep, I set up my alarm clock but that’s me. You do you, Scottie P.

Who's to say Sir Sleepalot's friend didn't bang on the door and he just didn't wake up? I'm still waiting to hear of this guy does this a lot.
No it doesn’t. I never overslept and missed a flight before.

Why didn’t you set your alarm? I don’t know, dude, when I want to make sure I don’t oversleep, I set up my alarm clock but that’s me. You do you, Scottie P.
I did set many alarms on my phone.
The alarm was going off when I woke yet making no sound even though the volume was up and it wasn’t in vibrate mode. Was strange

All I am asking is if the lack of effort was dickish.
I’m not placing blame on him for me missing my flight.

Oh I agree he should've made more effort as I and Pete both said in our posts.
I know you're not blaming him sir, I was merely stating my view on it.

All love as always brother.

I did set many alarms on my phone.
The alarm was going off when I woke yet making no sound even though the volume was up and it wasn’t in vibrate mode. Was strange
If your alarm was going off, and the was "no sound", who's to say that even if your friend tried calling you that you would have heard it?

Also, and this is 100% on you, why didn't you just set up a wake up call with the hotel? Anytime I travel and HAVE to be up at a certain time, I always rely on them rather than a phone.

It's dick-ish of you to even ask this. You're a grown-ass man who, presumably, knows how alarms work. Hell, you were in a hotel...GET A WAKE UP CALL! It's not your friend's responsibility to ensure you drag your ass out of bed.

The fact you're asking this question suggests you're looking for validation before you do/say something to him.

It's dick-ish of you to even ask this. You're a grown-ass man who, presumably, knows how alarms work. Hell, you were in a hotel...GET A WAKE UP CALL! It's not your friend's responsibility to ensure you drag your ass out of bed.

The fact you're asking this question suggests you're looking for validation before you do/say something to him.
I’m a dick for bringing up the question of if it was a dick move for a friend to not call me on the way to the 30 minute ride to the airport knowing I wasn’t in the car with him?

I already said something. I don’t need y’all’s validation.

Dick move. If you guys are friends and traveling together then a couple calls should've been made. The whole he's not your mom thing is BS. Everyone has their days and sometimes a little assist can go a long way.

I’m a dick for bringing up the question of if it was a dick move for a friend to not call me on the way to the 30 minute ride to the airport knowing I wasn’t in the car with him?

I already said something. I don’t need y’all’s validation.
Obviously you do, or you would not have made the thread, and then got so defensive when you didn't get the answer you wanted from most people.

Obviously you do, or you would not have made the thread, and then got so defensive when you didn't get the answer you wanted from most people.
I made the thread because I was interested in the opinions. I haven’t been defensive about anything other than being falsely called out for blaming him for me missing my flight. I’m not pissy that he didn’t come to my room and make sure I was by his side.
I would have left when the car was there myself, but, as a friend, I would have made at least a few attempted calls.

Apparently y’all don’t know what friendship means.

Whether or not he was a dick is irrelevant, honestly. You overslept, you missed the flight, and if you hadn't, this thread wouldn't exist. You can say you take responsibility and accountability all you want, but simply making this thread and replying defensively to people that disagree with you is evidence that you are not comfortable with admitting nothing else played a role in your mistake but your own actions.

If the enemy of my enemy is my friend then it would make sense that a friend who doesn't act like a friend is a dick.

Conclusion: Dick.

Opened this thread assuming it was going to be full of pictures of hot "women" and asking if they had a dick or not. Instead I read the first line and it's some boring shit about missing a flight or something? lol I dunno, I didn't read the rest. Pretty disappointing.

Carry on, TS. Be brave and I hope you're okay.

I dont think hes a dick but hes definitely not a homie.

All the posts saying you're an adult dont blame others blah blah are missing the point.

This is why you have clear lines about who your work friends are who your actual bros for life are.

A homie wouldve called your ass a few times, sent a couple texts, and then laughed at your ass and given you some shit for missing the flight.

You know @emefer you could help us by giving us some more information about how your initial conversation went with him after you missed the cab and flight. Did he ask what happened to you? Did you ask anything along the lines of “how come you didn’t call me?” — if you did ask, what did he say? “Sorry bro, when you didn’t answer my text I assumed that you _____”??

Like I assume you have talked to the guy since missing the flight, right? Or is that the point of this thread — you haven’t talked to him yet and you need to know if you should come out guns blazing, filling the room with uppercuts?

Back