Did Fabio Basile just wreck someone's knee with a Kani Badami?

I don't see that at all. Seems to me like a 100% deliberate kani basami. I still can't believe my eyes.
That back leg definitely hopped up off the ground. I also didn’t see it as a loss of footing. It looks exactly like what I think happened. It looks like someone trying to get away with a dirty play by making it look accidental.

The only reason the athlete in the video didn’t wreck his knee is because luck was on his side that day.

I didn't say it was safe or cool. Just that he clearly didn't actually wreck his knee. Doesn't make it safe or cool, but the knee wrecking obviously didn't happen.

No way that was accidental. Thread title confused me though, lol. I was like, "Kani badami...? Is that anything like a kani basami...?"

What's worse than using the illegal technique is that he appears to be using it in a way specifically designed to cause injury, rather than as a functional takedown...

Good.

What's worse than using the illegal technique is that he appears to be using it in a way specifically designed to cause injury, rather than as a functional takedown...
This is what gets me. I mean, I've seen a top-level judoka get DQ'd for using a 'grapevine' but they did it as a throw which landed their opponent for what would've been an ippon scoring technique had it been legal.
There isn't an iota of that from Basile's kani-basami; it is like he wanted it only for the reason the throw was banned and not for its ability to land someone on their back.

No way that was accidental. Thread title confused me though, lol. I was like, "Kani badami...? Is that anything like a kani basami...?"
Sorry dude. When I saw that shit I was so triggered that I mistyped the title. Lol.

Good.

This is what gets me. I mean, I've seen a top-level judoka get DQ'd for using a 'grapevine' but they did it as a throw which landed their opponent for what would've been an ippon scoring technique had it been legal.
There isn't an iota of that from Basile's kani-basami; it is like he wanted it only for the reason the throw was banned and not for its ability to land someone on their back.

This is what fucks with me so much. This video made me furious but also literally sad for the other guy, who had to suffer this shit for absolutely no other reason than Basile felt like it.

This is what fucks with me so much. This video made me furious but also literally sad for the other guy, who had to suffer this shit for absolutely no other reason than Basile felt like it.
Sports are very weird aren't they? There aren't many other places that you could wake up in a bad mood one day and decide "yep, today I'm going to maim someone and cause them potentially lifelong physical problems", and get away without any legal repercussions whatsoever, and only a very temporary slap on the wrist in the sport setting. Reminds me a lot of Palhares blowing out dudes' knees, Aoki breaking that guys arm and gloating about it, etc. Thank goodness most martial artists are honorable and this is the exception, rather than the rule.

As someone recovering from a broken orbital from bjj, I completely understand what you mean. Its a contact sport and grappling art but sometimes shit is unnecessarily deliberate

Sports are very weird aren't they? There aren't many other places that you could wake up in a bad mood one day and decide "yep, today I'm going to maim someone and cause them potentially lifelong physical problems", and get away without any legal repercussions whatsoever, and only a very temporary slap on the wrist in the sport setting. Reminds me a lot of Palhares blowing out dudes' knees, Aoki breaking that guys arm and gloating about it, etc. Thank goodness most martial artists are honorable and this is the exception, rather than the rule.
Palhares is literally mentally handicapped , Aoki was breaking arms before they tapped which is allowed by the rules. The literal goal of mma is to hurt the other dude as hard as you can. Till he gives up you are meant to try to kill him if possible.

As someone recovering from a broken orbital from bjj, I completely understand what you mean. Its a contact sport and grappling art but sometimes shit is unnecessarily deliberate
Yikes. How did that happen, if you don't mind my asking?

Yikes. How did that happen, if you don't mind my asking?
Mind you the guy i was working with was known as a spaz. However at brown belt i expect much more.

He did that knee to sleeve grip break exactly as I shot in for a single leg. His knee hit me square in the right eye. Not a fun experience that im still recovering fro

Back