Did Francis embarrass the sport of MMA

For some reason you're really hung up on the "if they didn't know each other" variable, which is weird because
?
I'm not hung up on it, it's just an argument that I'm making. If people want to talk about what would happen in a real fight between a UFC champ and a boxing champ, I'm saying it makes a pretty big difference whether they know who they're about to fight. Saying Ngannou can just pick fights with anyone and win, because he knows MMA is stupid, he will eventually run into someone who happens to have 30 KOs on their record, and he would get chinned

Yes, they evidently do.

Any consideration of punch power in the context of combat sports should always incorporate timing, accuracy etc. We’re not talking about who can hit one of those punch machines the hardest here, because it’s entirely irrelevant in the context of combat sports, we’re talking about who can effectively render another fighter unconscious.
Timing and accuracy aren't measures of power, though. They're measures of timing and accuracy. If you're talking about having more power, that IS something that is measured by those punch machines.

Timing and accuracy aren't measures of power, though. They're measures of timing and accuracy. If you're talking about having more power, that IS something that is measured by those punch machines.

Context.

If you’re talking about power in terms of the ability to hit an opponent hard (the only context in which it really matters for combat sports) , then timing and accuracy are absolutely crucial to power.

You can rationalize it all you want. The legit UFC HW champion who was knocking everyone out just got flatlined by a boxer in a fist fight.

Also Anderson is 50 years old and hasn't looked good in years.

Anderson is not even 49 yet... so no.
He was not 50 in 2019 against Izzy, or in 2022 against Jake.
Isreal couldn't do what Jake, Uriah Hall, and Cannonier could.
These are not opinions.

As for Francis..."knocking everyone out" ...
except tyson fury, gane, lewis, and the first fight against stipe immediately come to mind.

Rationalize what actually happen?
The fuck delusional reality did you watch?
<LikeReally5> <BC1>
Making excuses left and right over there.

Reactions: HHJ
Like I said, learn something about MMA because right now it sounds like you've never seen what happens when a grappling noob gets taken to the ground. Fix your ignorance.
We’ve all seen the Gane fight, the biggest grappling noob getting taken to the ground by Francis. Jones showe how terrible Gane’s ground game was. And what happened when Francis took him down was literally nothing… You seem to not watch alot of mma, you shouid watch Francis fights, they’re on youtube.

We’ve all seen the Gane fight, the biggest grappling noob getting taken to the ground by Francis. Jones showe how terrible Gane’s ground game was. And what happened when Francis took him down was literally nothing… You seem to not watch alot of mma, you shouid watch Francis fights, they’re on youtube.
The guy who has three submission wins, two in the UFC? That guy's a noob on par with AJ? Stop being stupid.

No, CM Punk fighting in MMA was an embarrassment. Dana White is an embarrassment to MMA, Powerslap, MMA Fans.. I can go on

Nothing could embarrass MMA like Tim Sylvia getting KO'd in an MMA match by an ancient Ray Mercer

The guy who has three submission wins, two in the UFC? That guy's a noob on par with AJ? Stop being stupid.
What 2 submission wins in the UFC? I remember a standing Kimura basically with pure brute strenght and 0 technique. The only difference is Joshua isn't an out of shape fat lazy dude like the guys Francis was fighting lol.

A guy with almost 0 bjj or grappling experience can pull off a sub if he's fighting some weak noob.

He embarrassed rye UFC by making juiced Jones shook to make a comeback til he left.

Dana White refusing to pay his top athletes better is more embarrassing. It's the only reason why Conor McGregor was on two knees and begging to get knocked out by Mayweather. Same reason why we got a bunch of washed up MMA fighters wanting to box Jake Paul.
He was going to pay him. They just didn't want Francis to box and Francis wanted to box.
I do think he made more in boxing than the ufc but he was definitely going to get a bump in pay from the ufc

This is a childish argument -"Who wins Godzilla or King Kong?". Boxers and MMA fighters are both combat athletes and juts because they are different styles dont make one inherently gonna win the fight over the other every time. Alot of factors go into street fights that are way outside the scope of rolling 4xweek or just hitting pads.

He was going to pay him. They just didn't want Francis to box and Francis wanted to box.
I do think he made more in boxing than the ufc but he was definitely going to get a bump in pay from the ufc

He was going to get 6 million to fight Jones. The 6 million was for Jones only. If I remember right his whole contract was for 10 million and that was 4-5 fights. He made that in 1 fight doing boxing, and double that in fight 2.

30 million for 2 fights vs 10 million for 4-5 fights.

Nothing could embarrass MMA like Tim Sylvia getting KO'd in an MMA match by an ancient Ray Mercer

Lets face it, if anyone was gonna shit the bed like that while representing MMA, it was gonna be Timmeh. Just like if anyone was gonna shit the bed representing boxing, it was gonna be Fury.

What 2 submission wins in the UFC?

Gane, genius. You're saying because Francis played it safe on top of Gane means he wouldn't be able to do anything against AJ on the ground. Gane has 3 submission wins, 2 against UFC heavyweights, and AJ doesn't have a fraction of Gane's ground training.

I remember a standing Kimura basically with pure brute strenght and 0 technique. The only difference is Joshua isn't an out of shape fat lazy dude like the guys Francis was fighting lol.

A guy with almost 0 bjj or grappling experience can pull off a sub if he's fighting some weak noob.
I'll just ignore this nonsense since you don't even know what we're talking about. Just stop being stupid.

If only he stopped with the fury fight then MMA wouldn’t look as inferior. Casuals will have a hard time believing the heavyweight champ is the “baddest man on the planet” from now on. I understand it should've been expected for Francis to get outboxed against Joshua but to get absolutely humiliated and knocked out brutally within 2 rounds isn’t a good look for MMA and someone once considered the baddest man on the planet.
NO!!!! Of course he didnt disgrace the sport of MMA by losing to an Olympic gold winner and former World champion in BOXING. Francis started combat sports training late in life whereas AJ has solely boxed from an early age. Yes he got lucky that Tyson decided a 2 week camp and going in fat wouldn't matter, Francis showed that night he fought the very best HW boxer on planet Earth that if these great boxers do not train correctly and come in with the right attitude then MMA fighters can compete very well in the greats own sport. We also must remember if boxers had to divide their time between boxing training and wrestling, BJJ, Muay Thai, Kickboxing theyd be nowhere near the level of boxer they had become and theyd certainly never enter a cage for a cross over fight. So the odds are always heavily stacked in boxers advantage in cross overs

Boxing is a combat sport.

MMA is a combat sport .

Neither are a real fight ...or real combat...

But which one would you rather take with you into a real combat situation... punches...or everything?

All im saying before everyone starts Jizzing over how great boxing is cuz of this..just remember Boxing is just a tiny part of MMA ...
I’d take AJ’s hands for 95% of real world altercations that don’t involve a weapon.
Unless you’re in actual war, the type of combat you’re talking about doesn’t exist on the streets. I’ve been in at least 3 dozen street fights and at least 2 dozen were just bare knuckle boxing. And guess what genius, they were all fights.

Back