Did Fury vs Usyk lose luster for you?

No, not at all.

I adjust my expectations.

MMA fighters are simply better strikers than boxers. No shame in their best losing to one of us even in their own sport. It happens.

When Tyson fights Usyk, I adjust my expectations knowing that I am now watching two more limited strikers performing their art form vs eachother.

Not sure why so many people were surprised. Fans need to realize that boxing is a dying sport. For years, dumb boxing fans paid money to watch Floyd Mayweather pretend to be the best ever and then he went to a decision to a guy who got famous for making dumb youtube videos.

Boxing in 2023 is a pathetic sport.

The interest in heavyweight boxing has dropped for me

It should have dropped when Lennox Lewis became champion. That's when the downfall started. From Lewis onward all of these HW "champions" were inferior to the champions that came before them.

It should have dropped when Lennox Lewis became champion. That's when the downfall started. From Lewis onward all of these HW "champions" were inferior to the champions that came before them.
I bought into the fury/Joshua/wilder trio bringing it back. I was a fool

Yeah I was already leaning towards Usyk but now I expect him to just easily beat Fury. He should be the favorite now

Styles make fights

I did favor Fury cs Usyk but now I think it's more even. Probably another controversial decision

Fury looked physically the same as he had for his last fights especially Wilder 3. He fought awful in that fight also, very sloppy, out of shape but it was overlooked because of his opponent.

It's obvious and Usyk is not completely fresh too : with another referee he could have lost the fight against Dubois. Also, even if you consider it a low blow, i've never seen a top fighter spending so much time on the ground in pain.

That being said, there are plenty fighters for Usyk to fight, so it's really not a problem in fact. I would like to see him against Bakole.

Last edited:
I bought into the fury/Joshua/wilder trio bringing it back. I was a fool
They just brought back some excitement. Only ignorant casuals were calling any of them ATGs. There's only one genuinely great fighter in the division and he's an ATG at the weight class below.

They just brought back some excitement. Only ignorant casuals were calling any of them ATGs. There's only one genuinely great fighter in the division and he's an ATG at the weight class below.

Until Wilder knocks him out
<{jackyeah}>

Until Wilder knocks him out
<{jackyeah}>
I doubt Usyk ever fights Wilder. He said that if he beats Fury he'll retire. It would make him a two-division undisputed champion. Only Crawford has done that in the four-belt era. Inoue likely accomplishes it next.

I doubt Usyk ever fights Wilder. He said that if he beats Fury he'll retire. It would make him a two-division undisputed champion. Only Crawford has done that in the four-belt era. Inoue likely accomplishes it next.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
He'll be 37 by the time he faces Fury with 350 amateur bouts and 11 world title fights under his belt. Why would he stick around and fight such a dangerous opponent after winning all of the titles? He's made a ton of money and would be able to retire on top and undefeated like Marciano did. All of this assuming he beats Fury of course.

Watching boxing is a huge waste of time. Fury will never fight Usyk or AJ and will pad his resume with more easy fights. Why bother watching a sport where you don't even know who the best are since they never fight each other? In MMA you have volk going up in weight on short notice trying to beat the best guy in the weight class above him. In boxing you have the "best guy" avoiding a fight with the other top guys in the sport and taking on a guy from a different sport instead and then still getting his face smashed. What a garbage sport to be a fan of. Don't give them any of your time or money until they fix this sport up.

Watching boxing is a huge waste of time. Fury will never fight Usyk or AJ and will pad his resume with more easy fights. Why bother watching a sport where you don't even know who the best are since they never fight each other? In MMA you have volk going up in weight on short notice trying to beat the best guy in the weight class above him. In boxing you have the "best guy" avoiding a fight with the other top guys in the sport and taking on a guy from a different sport instead and then still getting his face smashed. What a garbage sport to be a fan of. Don't give them any of your time or money until they fix this sport up.
Uh, he has to fight Usyk. The only way out of it is for him to actually retire or at least pretend to for a while. Fury vs Usyk is signed, sealed, and delivered. It's up next.

Back