Did Gaethje's Coaches Just Simply Fail to Watch Tape?

Khabib is just better and clearly strong as shit. I can tell you by watching that triangle Justin from a physical standpoint was out powered. It would be like me going to try and throw my 7 year old son in a mounted triangle right now he can do nothing. Justin literally couldn't even move, that is called force

The mounted triangle choke is not a common technique seen in MMA. Yet, Khabib has four wins via triangle he set up from mount, all of which were freely viewable on Youtube:

It really is quite interesting to see Khabib uses the exact same entry by trapping his opponent's right arm from the mount, falling back for the armbar, and then transitioning to the triangle once the opponent tries to come on top.

It's funny how that Hamiz guy was a tougher fight for Khabib than Gaethje.
<36>

Gaytche was bragging before the fight that he did not watch a single of Khabib's previous fights to learn from and plan, but just as a casual MMA fan at the times Khabib fought. Pretty dumb when the fight is high stakes like that. I mean how many chances does one get to fight Khabib for the crown?
Not to be rude but Gaethje is a meat head

I agree that Khabib is just that much better than Gaethje.

My issue is that his only gameplan for Khabibs grappling was essentially just a ripoff of Iaquinta’s gameplan: staying far away with a low Folkstyle wrestling stance. Except Iaquinta used BJJ to fight off hands and work a guard, Gaethje merely crumbled to his back and didn’t have anything in his arsenal to survive.

Terrible job from a head coach imo.

man it’s hard to say. Gaetje doesn’t have the bjj to defend apparently. He should have seen that coming a mile away.

Gaetje did good the first round. Close round. I like both guys but khabib is just a crusher on when he gets his hands on ya.

I was also surprised of how big khabib looked compared to Justin. I never thought he was a big 155er but he’s just so strong at that weight.
And I’m always disappointed to see a fighter go out at the top his game at 31 years old. Just a bummer all the way around.

I think people just overestimated this Wittman clown. Usmans striking regressed so much in the only camp he did with Wittman, and his only grappling advice is basic “don’t get taken down” or “take him down” nonsense... no technical advice whatsoever.

Whitman.jpg
This. Trevor's the epitome of run of the mill

Khabib is just better and clearly strong as shit. I can tell you by watching that triangle Justin from a physical standpoint was out powered. It would be like me going to try and throw my 7 year old son in a mounted triangle right now he can do nothing. Justin literally couldn't even move, that is called force
He slid under the knee with his arm just like a BJJ instructor would show you to do to a standing opponent. Technical mastery.

I agree that Khabib is just that much better than Gaethje.

My issue is that his only gameplan for Khabibs grappling was essentially just a ripoff of Iaquinta’s gameplan: staying far away with a low Folkstyle wrestling stance. Except Iaquinta used BJJ to fight off hands and work a guard, Gaethje merely crumbled to his back and didn’t have anything in his arsenal to survive.

Terrible job from a head coach imo.
To be fair, Al submission defense is top notch, I mean in back-to-back Kevin Lee fight he escaped/resisted submission like crazy

Gaejthes can watch another year's worth of videos of Khabib and he's still getting subbed.

The two times Khabib got a hold of Gaejthes, Khabib got to mount in like 2 seconds.

I know theres about 1 million takes from this one fight, but i feel both trevor wittman and justin didnt expect to land flush on khabib several times and it have almost no effect.

Gaethje ground game has always been suspect. People were claiming everything about his ground game was world class but “he jus chooses to stand.”

Khabib has openly said his favorite submissions is a triangle choke & RNC. Favorite joint lock was a Kimura.

Justin lost the same way everybody else lost to Khabib.

"If he gets me against the cage i will lose"

If you cant at least compete with khabib on the ground you arent gonna win... Period

The days of defending a wrestlers takedown and easily beating them up on the feet are over at this level.

Youve gotta be comfortable with khabib taking you down. Im not saying you should try to grapple with him.

The idea that you are going to avoid his wrestling 100% is not a realistic scenario. Unless you are an olympic level wrestler hes gonna take you down probably more than once.

Everyone has watched tape on Khabib and can't stop what they know is coming.

Back