Did Ponz eye-poke Magny?

All punches, no pokes.

And still nobody talk about early Magny headbutt that cut Ponzi eyes.

Nice try dumbass.

You're obviously blind. That headbutt was initiated by PONZI. Ponzi went in with the low head for the headbutt, but he cought his eye because Magney was too close. He also headbutted Magney in the first round too.

And Ponzi 100% eye poked Magney. Just wait for the GIF creation army to go through the slow motion, high resolution fight & make those GIFs.

Nope. Same thing happened to Nate Diaz in his title fight vs Benson. He said it fucked him up for the whole fight and he couldn’t get right.

no eye poke. just a jab to the eye

I'll wait until I've seen the high resolution, slow motion fight. It looked to me like he poked him twice, but some of his jabs were also hitting the eye (which was hurt from the pokes).

I was at a hotel so didn't have DVR to rewind, pause, etc. But it actually sort of looked to me like Ponz threw a punch that Magny partially blocked and in doing it Magny's own hand went back into his eye.

That could be wrong, like I said I only saw the one time they re-showed it. Just was my first thought when I saw it.

headbutt =/= head clash

it's not like magny did it on purpose.

If you watch it, Ponzi lowers his head to try and headbutt Magney, but they were too close and Ponzi took the worst of it. Ponz also headbutted him early in the 1st round.

Nice try dumbass.

You're obviously blind. That headbutt was initiated by PONZI. Ponzi went in with the low head for the headbutt, but he cought his eye because Magney was too close. He also headbutted Magney in the first round too.

And Ponzi 100% eye poked Magney. Just wait for the GIF creation army to go through the slow motion, high resolution fight & make those GIFs.

imagine being this butthurt.

headbutt =/= head clash

it's not like magny did it on purpose.

I know, it was an accident, shit happen, same with Ponzi eye poke on Gunnar early in the fight, but people still butthurt about it.

Nice try dumbass.

The butt hurt is strong in this post

Not at all. Here's the story of the fight:

santiago-ponzinibbio-neil-magny-ufc-fight-night-140-11.jpg

usa_today_11691658.1542521323.jpg

Capture.1542522326.jpg

Great troll thread. If anyone bet on magny to beat ponz in argentina (anywhere) just delete your account MMA not for you.

Nah but I thought he did because of his history. Eye pokes are dirty but not the worst thing that can happen in fights anyways. Shit happens.

imagine being this butthurt.

I know, it was an accident, shit happen, same with Ponzi eye poke on Gunnar early in the fight, but people still butthurt about it.
Of course you will defend him. You are also Argentinian.
Biased as fuck.
I'm Welsh and I aint going to defend John Philips. He sucks in MMA.
However.....
However, I watched the Gunni/Ponzi fight and I honestly did not believe the eye poke was deliberate. It surprised me afterwards when the whole thing was discussed in news websites the following day.
He poked Mike Perry in the eyes. There's no excuse there. Eye poking little bitch and he probably could've beaten Mike Perry fair and square anyway, since he is just better than that neanderthal.

And still nobody talk about early Magny headbutt that cut Ponzi eyes.

They both leaned in at the same time from what I remember. It's unfortunate, but it wasn't intentional.

It's weird it cut Ponzi just above the eyelid and below the brow. Meant Magny's head was lower.

Back