Did Shara Bullet live up to the hype?

Did he?

• Total voters
Seing a Caucasian that struggles with grappling feels weird.

You must not watch a lot of MMA outside the UFC. Earlier this week two Eagles MMA guys got dominated in the wrestling vs Kyrgz fighters on the UAE 45 Warriors card. It happens.

You must not watch a lot of MMA outside the UFC. Earlier this week two Eagles MMA guys got dominated in the wrestling vs Kyrgz fighters on the UAE 45 Warriors card. It happens.

I give those guys a pass if they get dominated by other post-soviet dudes.

I didn't see the fight but a lot of guys with hype from another org who come into the UFC have bad debut fights. Marlon Moraes lost his debut, Eddie Alvarez lost his UFC debut to Cowboy, Manel Kape lost his first two fights. But they all recovered from that and became champs or contenders

Throw the turd to DDP to get bodied. Let's keep the dricmeister warmed up

Needs to spend some time with Khabib and his crew.

They should sign Tumenov again instead of pushing these flashy hype jobs.

They should sign Tumenov again instead of pushing these flashy hype jobs.
Uh no

they should sign Tumenov again and also bring in savage beasts like Sharaputdin

Uh no

they should sign Tumenov again and also bring in savage beasts like Sharaputdin

If he is supposed to be a fun undercard fighter, then I guess mission accomplished. I am more interested in guys like Tumenov (who outstruck the current WW champ).

Shara has abysmal boxing and poor TDD. Bruno implemented a very poor distance management and stayed on the end of sharas kicks when he was piecing him up with boxing inside. Top contenders with more power will be able to put Shara's lights out, and you know what happens with grapplers. He'll be an exciting fighter and probably ranked inside the top 10, but I'm certain he's not getting a belt, or even fighting for the belt at any point.
You really made me laugh to spill water out of my mouth man, lol.. who hits harder than Bruno? The guy has 20 KO in 23 victories, many of them in first round.. GTFOH

If he is supposed to be a fun undercard fighter, then I guess mission accomplished. I am more interested in guys like Tumenov (who outstruck the current WW champ).
Your a good poster,but you gotta put the Shara hate away. One dont even got nothin to do w the other.

You really made me laugh to spill water out of my mouth man, lol.. who hits harder than Bruno? The guy has 20 KO in 23 victories, many of them in first round.. GTFOH
Context is highly important you MMAmath tard. All of those KOs are in regional fights against nobodies. In the UFC he's only KO'd brad tavares and jordan wright - level fighters. Not exactly an impressive list.
Who is more likely to produce a KO from a combination of speed, preicison, and/or power? Half of the UFC MW top 10 could KO shara, the other 4 are wrestlers, but of those wrestlers I don't think hermansson would win. Who did I leave out? Kelvin Gastelum, don't think he could win but he is always a tough-out for any fighter. So about 7 of the top 10 MWs I would favor over Shara, 2 would be tough fights (Dolidze and Gastelum just due to toughness) and then Hermansson is the bottom of the bunch.

Context is highly important you MMAmath tard. All of those KOs are in regional fights against nobodies. In the UFC he's only KO'd brad tavares and jordan wright - level fighters. Not exactly an impressive list.
Who is more likely to produce a KO from a combination of speed, preicison, and/or power? Half of the UFC MW top 10 could KO shara, the other 4 are wrestlers, but of those wrestlers I don't think hermansson would win. Who did I leave out? Kelvin Gastelum, don't think he could win but he is always a tough-out for any fighter. So about 7 of the top 10 MWs I would favor over Shara, 2 would be tough fights (Dolidze and Gastelum just due to toughness) and then Hermansson is the bottom of the bunch.
You have no idea what you are talking about... Shara is a top kickboxer with a granite chin. His TDD lacks, so he might struggle with wrestlers. But to write that someone with more power than Bruno will KO him is dumb..

His stand-up is crisp, yeah I liked what I saw. Very active on his back but lacking in how to get up. There was one instance Silva jumped back on him, on the ground and the triangle was right there! An attempt at least! Dude kept elbowing lol

Dana sure didn't seem too enthusiastic about him at the presser

I didn't even expect him to win that decision, outside of it being in Abu Dhabi, where the UFC basically can do whatever it wants. He spent the majority of two rounds on his back.

That said, Silva is a badass himself and a big test for someone just entering the UFC, so not criticizing Shara here. I just feel like he was gifted a bullshit victory.

Like Carlos Condit but without the threat of submissions when inevitably giving up the takedown. At this stage in his career it'll be so hard for him to get his grappling to the level needed to crack the top 10. UFC needs to keep the hype alive and only match him with people that are lost on the ground and will stand and trade with him. Otherwise he's out of a job.

Back