Movies Did you watch Everything Everywhere All at Once?

It was a cool movie but it was a damn shame All Quiet On The Western Front didnt wint best movie. It deserved the win but won 4 other Oscars

It was good, more creativity and effort than any other movie this year.

Usually films like this do the drama well, but have terrible action, or vise versa. This one actually incorporates all elements of multiple genres very well. Good directing, acting, cinematography throughout.

I see imdb reviewers are writting movie is overrated.
What are your thoughts ?
saw it when it came out around a year ago or whatever. i'm a hipster A24 simp, so take it with a grain of salt i guess, but i loved it and it was my favorite movie of 2022.

The movie had a lot of heart. (Mostly because of the husband that won best supporting actor) The third act was really good. I can see why some people failed to finish the movie after 20-30 minutes because the first act is probably it’s weakest point

Started watching it and then turned it off in the first quarter but might give it another shot

3rd act hit me in the feels. But I can see how it might not resonate if you can't relate at all and only focus on the wacky hijinks.

Definitely the best movie I saw last year.

It was enjoyable, but it's one of those "Well, that was kind of fun and unique, but I'm never going to watch it again" type movies. If people say it's some kind of GOAT film or something - which I know some are - I'd say it's overrated. If people are saying it's a good flick that's worth a watch, I'd say they're spot on.

I will also say, we're hearing more about it than we should because it fits in with some narratives of social empowerment.

Honestly, give it a watch. On its own merits, you'll probably like it.

Honest question…..would you say it was propped up due to the recent increase on violence against Asian people? I did notice immediately after the show the Twitterverse was raging with Oscar So White tweets again.

I plan on seeing this movie and The Whale as well to see if they were award worthy or they were just throwing some bones out for past discretions.

It's a good flick, but not great. But in our current movie field, good is good enough for an Oscar.

I was disappointed. Went in really hoping to love it. Found it rather dull.

I cancelled HBO max after the price hike and finsing woke garbabge like velma if it hits amazon prime ill watch it or ill rent it from amazon.

I saw the movie and I liked it. I would call it easily a top three movie of the year, maybe the best one.

Is it my favorite Best Picture winner of all time? No... But people who are asking if it's really a "best picture" quality movie and the same for the acting awards and so on...to answer that question knowledgeably you would have to watch the rest of the nominees and if you do then my guess is most people would stop asking whether Top Gun Maverick or Everything Everywhere are actually "Oscar caliber" movies and instead start lamenting that the rest of the movies in general are so poor that Top Gun and Everything Everywhere were easily nomination caliber in a year like this.

If you want an example of a woke movie...forget about Everything Everywhere and instead go and be almost literally preached to for two hours by Women Talking.

Of the last five years at the Oscars, 2019 was maybe the only one where it was even an average year for quality of Best Picture nominees as opposed to well below average or even abysmal. Nomadland in 2020 was maybe the weakest Best Picture winner of all time...but look at the other stuff that made the nominee list like Trial of the Chicago 7 and Mank and so on. 2021...Power of the Dog, Don't Look Up, Licorice Pizza. This year was no better.

I wouldn't hold it against Everything Everywhere for being the tallest movie at a midget convention. There is both a relative dearth of classics being made and also some fart sniffing going on in the nomination / selection process to get the supposed "top ten" of the year. Unlike most of the nominees of the last five years, I think Everything Everywhere actually would deserve a nomination in a pretty strong year for film.

Last edited:
I liked it. It's a really fun movie that touches on comedy, drama, romance, sci-fi and action. It does a really good job. Well worth the hype.

I see imdb reviewers are writting movie is overrated.
What are your thoughts ?
IMDb reviews are right. Overrated film in yet another terrible year for high cinema.

Its a great movie that explores the concepts of different realities, everything is told under a personal perspective with lots of action and silly situations which makes a very entertaining movie to see

No its not overrated AT ALL, because of its theme and how it was told I agree it was the best movie of the year and I was extremely happy to see how it was rewarded at the Oscars. Michelle Yeoh is a queen of cinema for her entire career and I couldnt be happier to see Hollywood recognizing her!

I saw the movie and I liked it. I would call it easily a top three movie of the year, maybe the best one.

Is it my favorite Best Picture winner of all time? No... But people who are asking if it's really a "best picture" quality movie and the same for the acting awards and so on...to answer that question knowledgeably you would have to watch the rest of the nominees and if you do then my guess is most people would stop asking whether Top Gun Maverick or Everything Everywhere are actually "Oscar caliber" movies and instead start lamenting that the rest of the movies in general are so poor that Top Gun and Everything Everywhere were easily nomination caliber in a year like this.

If you want an example of a woke movie...forget about Everything Everywhere and instead go and be almost literally preached to for two hours by Women Talking.

Of the last five years at the Oscars, 2019 was maybe the only one where it was even an average year for quality of Best Picture nominees as opposed to well below average or even abysmal. Nomadland in 2020 was maybe the weakest Best Picture winner of all time...but look at the other stuff that made the nominee list like Trial of the Chicago 7 and Mank and so on. 2021...Power of the Dog, Don't Look Up, Licorice Pizza. This year was no better.

I wouldn't hold it against Everything Everywhere for being the tallest movie at a midget convention. There is both a relative dearth of classics being made and also some fart sniffing going on in the nomination / selection process to get the supposed "top ten" of the year. Unlike most of the nominees of the last five years, I think Everything Everywhere actually would deserve a nomination in a pretty strong year for film.
What’s women talking about

What’s women talking about

It's about a Mennonite colony, a sort of Amish type backwater religious community, where some of the women of the community have been drugged and raped in their sleep by a few of the men at the colony. This sort of thing actually did happen in real life and this was inspired by a specific incident. But this was all before the movie begins.

The movie itself is a fictionalized account of how the women might have gone about deciding what to do in response. They more or less have the choice of whether to stay and forgive the attackers or to pick up and leave collectively.

I think a movie about this real life incident or about the real life legal proceedings that ensued could have been a very good and important film. But as executed instead it was kind of just an essay about gender relations that wasn't terribly nuanced and struck me as somewhat hamfisted.

I thought it would be something kind of like an all-female Twelve Angry Men with all kinds of ebbs and flows in the debate and various viewpoints and so on. It wasn't really like that.

I really, really, liked it.

I loved Waymond's philosophy on life.

It's about a Mennonite colony, a sort of Amish type backwater religious community, where some of the women of the community have been drugged and raped in their sleep by a few of the men at the colony. This sort of thing actually did happen in real life and this was inspired by a specific incident. But this was all before the movie begins.

The movie itself is a fictionalized account of how the women might have gone about deciding what to do in response. They more or less have the choice of whether to stay and forgive the attackers or to pick up and leave collectively.

I think a movie about this real life incident or about the real life legal proceedings that ensued could have been a very good and important film. But as executed instead it was kind of just an essay about gender relations that wasn't terribly nuanced and struck me as somewhat hamfisted.

I thought it would be something kind of like an all-female Twelve Angry Men with all kinds of ebbs and flows in the debate and various viewpoints and so on. It wasn't really like that.

gotcha thanks
I remember seeing a few trailers but I didn’t really pay attention.

Back