Diego Sanchez, how would u define him psychologically?

Schizotypal? Delusional Disorder? Paranoid Personality Disorder? CTE?
Is it possible that his mind doesn’t mature at the same rate like his body because he acts like someone who is 19-23 at best

As someone with a PhD in Shercology, I'd say he's psychologically fooked.

A bit of an idiot savant but i love the crazy son of a bitch.
War Diego
War Fabia

From my own experience I think he is looking for a spiritual place to call home as u can see from the acts of Cross and fighting demons but in a very closed minded and gullible way,

Oh most certainly.

Surprised he's never found religion.

which means his mind didn’t develop like his body in age terms. So he maybe 37-38 years of age but mentally he is around 22-23 at best, what do u think ?

Funny thing is about Diego is I don't think he's mentally developed at all since he's been on TUF 17 years ago.

Add to that, he's obviously suffering from CTE from all the wars he's had in training and in the octagon.

And, there's no way to bring this up with respect, but in 17 years there's never been news he's been in a long-term relationship with a woman. Not one.

High-profile MMA fighters usually get some high-class women, but Diego and Dominick Cruz are the only ones I can think of that are 100% private about their dating lives. Though Cruz doesn't have a gay vibe there's people I know that didn't have a gay vibe either and I later learned they were 100% gay. Quite surprising. So for me with Cruz the jury is still out.

So, I'll come out and ask the question - Is Diego Sanchez gay? He comes off as someone who was sexually abused as a child and had very confused teenage years and never learned to socialize with women.

At this point it'd be more surprising to me that he's straight.

Gullible.
  • His spiritual/religious fanaticism
  • Him being conned out of his TUF winnings by a best "friend"
  • Him being conned into raising some elses kid because some woman messages him on facebook saying it was his son (found out recently)
  • Him being conned by Fabia into god knows what

Symptoms
Borderline personality disorder affects how you feel about yourself, how you relate to others and how you behave.

Signs and symptoms may include:

• An intense fear of abandonment, even going to extreme measures to avoid real or imagined separation or rejection
  • A pattern of unstable intense relationships, such as idealizing someone one moment and then suddenly believing the person doesn't care enough or is cruel
  • Rapid changes in self-identity and self-image that include shifting goals and values, and seeing yourself as bad or as if you don't exist at all
  • Periods of stress-related paranoia and loss of contact with reality, lasting from a few minutes to a few hours
  • Impulsive and risky behavior, such as gambling, reckless driving, unsafe sex, spending sprees, binge eating or drug abuse, or sabotaging success by suddenly quitting a good job or ending a positive relationship
  • Suicidal threats or behavior or self-injury, often in response to fear of separation or rejection
  • Wide mood swings lasting from a few hours to a few days, which can include intense happiness, irritability, shame or anxiety
  • Ongoing feelings of emptiness
  • Inappropriate, intense anger, such as frequently losing your temper, being sarcastic or bitter, or having physical fights
When to see a doctor
If you're aware that you have any of the signs or symptoms above, talk to your doctor or a mental health provider.

If you have suicidal thoughts
If you have fantasies or mental images about hurting yourself or have other suicidal thoughts, get help right away by taking one of these actions:

• Call 911 or your local emergency number immediately.
  • Call a suicide hotline number. In the U.S., call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) any time of day. Use that same number and press "1" to reach the Veterans Crisis Line.
  • Call your mental health provider, doctor or other health care provider.
  • Reach out to a loved one, close friend, trusted peer or co-worker.
  • Contact someone from your faith community.
If you notice signs or symptoms in a family member or friend, talk to that person about seeing a doctor or mental health provider. But you can't force someone to seek help. If the relationship causes you significant stress, you may find it helpful to see a therapist yourself.

So based on these findings, soon he will part ways with Fabia and starts blaming him for his misfortune

Oh, yeah. They'll eventually part ways & it'll get ugly when they do.

What makes people and some very intelligent ones become cult followers for starters and does Diego have those same traits to be very close with someone like Fabia who is an obvious charlatan?
Diego Sanchez is a very dumb guy, and he's always been weird.

I'm not a psychiatrist but if I had to guess I would say he is delusional, and possibly co-dependent. I also think it's likely that he is a closeted homosexual and that he's in love with(or obsessed with) Fabia.

Hopefully that isn't fighter bashing. I think he's fundamentally a good guy and is being manipulated by a predator. I hope he gets the help he needs.

Well, when my wife worked for The OC Fight Doc, Bill Kessler back in the day, Sanchez was a regular patient of theirs & he would often act out in bizarre ways & talk crazy shit while he was being treated. So, Jana became convinced that he was a borderline personality disorder case. And she would know because at the time she was working on her Master's in clinical psychology.
BPD makes a lot of sense.

Just an average guy that people like to pile on for sport.

Well, when my wife worked for The OC Fight Doc, Bill Kessler back in the day, Sanchez was a regular patient of theirs & he would often act out in bizarre ways & talk crazy shit while he was being treated. So, Jana became convinced that he was a borderline personality disorder case. And she would know because at the time she was working on her Master's in clinical psychology.

Seems plausible . I wrote that several times. Diego behaved like that since he started his career its not CTE or Fabia. Just that Fabia brings out the worst in Diego on a regular basis and manipulates him but he is not the first. Maybe he is the last in how deep he has his claws in Diego. An Ex UFC fighter is the best endorsement ever he can hope for with his little shitty gym , so imo he will keep Diego around forever even if he has bleed him dry from his money.

BPD makes a lot of sense.

Yep. Jana, was, among many other things, an excellent diagnostician. For both psychiatric disorders & physical ones as well. She really was a medical savant. And had she not been so eager & determined to begin her calling counseling girls with eating disorders, she could have become an excellent doctor.

He's a broken man who needs help not Fabia. But I think he will never understand such a thing.

Back