Diet Soda

Before anyone chimes in about aspartame, you won't get any brain cancer or any other such nonsense.

Some people can't do carbonation well when cutting weight, but a 0 calorie liquid is a 0 calorie liquid. As good as water? No, but it's not terrible.

The thing one should worry about most is not aspartame, but phosphorous.

Coke Zero FTW!

just keep your WATER intake at about a gallon a day and there should be no problem. As kabuki said, zero calories is zero calories.

does it not affect insulin spike?

No sugar, so no problem with insulin. But I hear whack things about diet soda eventhough I drink it to save my life:

1.Supposedly makes you hungrier, tahts why so many fat people order bic mac meals with diet coke.

2. Carbonate or something in the soda makes you retain more water.

3. Please elaboarte on th phosphorous

No sugar, so no problem with insulin. But I hear whack things about diet soda eventhough I drink it to save my life:

1.Supposedly makes you hungrier, tahts why so many fat people order bic mac meals with diet coke.

2. Carbonate or something in the soda makes you retain more water.

3. Please elaboarte on th phosphorous

No sugar but there probably is caffeine. I've read that caffeine can also cause an insulin spike.

Caffeine Could Spell Trouble for Diabetics

I'm not sure if the spike is enough to affect you if you aren't diabetic. Most articles talk about it being a problem for diabetics but don't say how it would affect normal people. My biggest issue with diet soda is that it trains you to enjoy drinking a sweet drink instead of drinking water.

havnt drank any kind of pop for 5 years, there is just no nutritional value at all

When we were in high school chemistry, our teacher said that our bodies notice that the "exceptionally potent sweetener" that replaces sugar is coming, and that - no matter the amount of it coming in - your body prepares to absorb lots of calories.

I'm guessing this is just garbage, like so many other things I've been told. I drink diet pop at lunch a lot, and with booze drinks if I'm at bars and for some reason am not drinking beer.

Just don't buy soft drinks problem solved, you will forget what they taste like.

So why doesn't caffeine make you sluggish instead of making you energized, if it raises insulin? Doesn't lower blood sugar cause fatigue?

Back