Difference between Food Mart and Gas Station?

TonyRolo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I live in Texas so I don't know if it's a local thing but there are several places called "food marts" but they are literally the same thing as the little store like 7-11 that you can get basic grocery or candy from. The first time I went in I didn't expect much but at least expected hot dogs and pizza like some gas station stores do. But the first time I went into a food mart the only food they had was candy and snacks and such. Why even call them a food mart if they don't have any food that satiates? It was literally just a gas station store without the gas.

They are the same shit. What they stock depends on the clientele. Did you go to a rural or poor area?

They tried one of them there drive thru Food Marts in my town back in the 90s and everyone hated it.

A food mart has less homeless people asking you for money?

I live in Texas so I don't know if it's a local thing but there are several places called "food marts" but they are literally the same thing as the little store like 7-11 that you can get basic grocery or candy from. The first time I went in I didn't expect much but at least expected hot dogs and pizza like some gas station stores do. But the first time I went into a food mart the only food they had was candy and snacks and such. Why even call them a food mart if they don't have any food that satiates? It was literally just a gas station store without the gas.

Some of the really basic places have owners that don't want to pay for, or maintain, a food service license. So, they just sell packaged shit.

Some 7-11’s are also gas stations.

7-Eleven-fuel-gas-pump-convenience-store-24-hour.jpg

Food Marts be selling dem malt liquor and they take dat Biden Credit Card

I haven't seen a food mart without a gas pump outside.

Here's a secret the people on the streets won't tell you:
They used to sell the best Thai sex pills.

the amount of mold found in the chicken salad sandwiches they offer?

Back