Dillon Davis lost at Polaris

Beside the decline of jiujitsu, Today is the first era in mma that ufc doesn't have Latin american champion in any division.

Hmm.

604_Cris_Cyborg_vs_Tonya_Evinger.0.jpg

8863311_web1_ufc2013_070617ev_004.jpg

Anyone remember Danis hitting mitts?

He makes Modaferri look like Mayweather.

I hope he pulls a Maia and goes on a sub/grapplefuck streak.

Thanks for your reply.
My point is this: Danis thinks that he can achieve the same level of success in mma as Conor McGregor, because he is supposedly some BJJ prodigy.

So, I am judging him based on the standard that he set for himself. If he was a humble low-key guy like Ryan Hall, then I wouldn't expect anything but the probable average from him.

Danis didn't set a "doing very well" standard for himself. He set a "being the face of mma and BJJ" standard, and that's what I am holding him responsible and accountable for.

Given that Danis thinks so highly of himself, what are the probabilities that he will achieve the highest level of success in mma, if he is not even that dominant in the sport that is suppose to be his speciality?

Even with "Tonon level" grappling it is hard to be a UFC champ, so how is it going to be any easier with "sub-Tonon level" grappling and very little knowledge of striking and other techniques?

I watched Danis the last time that he was on the MMA-hour, and he seemed like an okay young man to me, but I think he has dreams that are beyond his talent.
I see your reasoning. I doubt Danis really believes what he is saying. He's riding on McGregor's fame and trying to set himself up for big money fights out of the gate, because if he loses, the offers will dry up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back