Disney is dying

Aspects of it were, for sure, but they made magic and the writing had a lot to do with it.

Whoever wrote this wrote one of the most powerful, magical, inspirational monologues I had ever heard.

Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.

Left to his own devices Lucas would have failed miserably, but for the first two films he had a LOT of help. And it showed.

He got a lot of help but I think post prequels there was a bit too much focus on downplaying Lucas role when ultimately he was the driving force of the original films.

The original he obviously wrote(albeit with plenty of advice) and directed it but with Empire I do think he deserves a lot of credit for changing what the film was. He had his original plan for Starwars which was much more standard heroic adventure, Luke learning the force, defeating grand moffs and then finally Vader and the Emperor but I think with Empire he shifted things significantly and instead besided to make a film about deconstructing the idea of heroism.

I think that shift was really what turned Starwars from a shorter term fad into something which lasted as Luke's story became something of real moral depth in Empire and Jedi. Its also why I feel people had a right to feel pretty agreived at The Last Jedi, not for the typical cultural war nonsense but that it misrepresented SW as this simplistic heroism it was now deconstructing in an inteligent fashion, in reality that had already happened with Empire(and indeed even in the original Leia is playing against the damsel role) and had done so very effectively. You had a film setting up a strawman then attempting to nick plot elements of Empire/Jedi and redo them but doing a far far worse job of it.

He got a lot of help but I think post prequels there was a bit too much focus on downplaying Lucas role when ultimately he was the driving force of the original films.

The original he obviously wrote(albeit with plenty of advice) and directed it but with Empire I do think he deserves a lot of credit for changing what the film was. He had his original plan for Starwars which was much more standard heroic adventure, Luke learning the force, defeating grand moffs and then finally Vader and the Emperor but I think with Empire he shifted things significantly and instead besided to make a film about deconstructing the idea of heroism.

I think that shift was really what turned Starwars from a shorter term fad into something which lasted as Luke's story became something of real moral depth in Empire and Jedi. Its also why I feel people had a right to feel pretty agreived at The Last Jedi, not for the typical cultural war nonsense but that it misrepresented SW as this simplistic heroism it was now deconstructing in an inteligent fashion, in reality that had already happened with Empire(and indeed even in the original Leia is playing against the damsel role) and had done so very effectively. You had a film setting up a strawman then attempting to nick plot elements of Empire/Jedi and redo them but doing a far far worse job of it.

Have you read about what a mess Star Wars was until his wife stepped in?

It feels like you know a lot more about the making of the films than I do, which suggests you do know that.

Chuds don't understand that middle aged white men aren't Disney's target demographic.

The under 18 demographic is majority non-white. And 18-24 is just barely over 50% white (50.5%).

Disney is first and foremost a company that revolves around children at its core.

And it's hilarious when people talk about "woke" Holly wood if you understand that conservative money drives all these projects.

I liked Andor a lot more, but I know a lot of people loved Rebels.

I think in terms of acting, story telling and world building Andor was much, much better, but I've heard people say Rebels was a lot more entertaining.

Also, I'm the wrong person to ask about Rebels; I hate that animation style. I really liked Tales of the Jedi, though. Visions was pretty great too. I enjoyed those shows a lot more than Rebels.

Star Wars died a long time ago for me. Someone on here talked me into giving it a watch, and I'm glad I did.
Ahsoka has become one of my favorite characters. But I'm in the minority, I don't think they've done her character justice in the live action stuff.

Have you read about what a mess Star Wars was until his wife stepped in?

It feels like you know a lot more about the making of the films than I do, which suggests you do know that.
Again I think that gets overplayed a bit for the same reasons, post prequels people wanted to write Lucas out of Starwars.

He certainly had plenty of help but the idea he had little to do with the original films sucess is I think nonsense.

Better than Rebels?

Rebels had some individual great episodes and the characters were likeable. The show in its totality was not great. Part of that for me is the time period which I simply do not enjoy but Andors in that time period and people think its the greatest thing since sliced bread and Rebels isn't well regarded. When people were getting excited about Ashoka its because they care about the characters not because they were under delusions Rebels was great.

The Anaheim City Council unanimously approved the zoning changes that will allow Disney to go forward with a $1.9 billion plan to expand Disneyland on Tuesday. First built in 1955, there have been no major changes to the theme park's zoning plan since the 1990s.2 hours ago

Star Wars died a long time ago for me. Someone on here talked me into giving it a watch, and I'm glad I did.
Ahsoka has become one of my favorite characters. But I'm in the minority, I don't think they've done her character justice in the live action stuff.

Ahsoka is fantastic but her own show wasn't great. Her character in the animated wasn't her character in her own show. Pretty disappointing.

I get that she's older and has seen some shit, but there were reasons we liked her so much and they were all gone.

Again I think that gets overplayed a bit for the same reasons, post prequels people wanted to write Lucas out of Starwars.

He certainly had plenty of help but the idea he had little to do with the original films sucess is I think nonsense.

I never said he had nothing or little to do with the success but I saw the original script and a lot of the changes his wife suggested.

It only takes some minor differences to separate a classic from something forgettable.

Chuds don't understand that middle aged white men aren't Disney's target demographic.

The under 18 demographic is majority non-white. And 18-24 is just barely over 50% white (50.5%).

Disney is first and foremost a company that revolves around children at its core.
Soycucks don't understand children, especially young children, rely on their middle age parents to purchase them Disney products.

Let them finish Andor season 2, & then Disney can sink to the bottom of wherever the Little Mermaid lives for all I care
They may soon re-make The Little Mermaid, being played by Whoopi Goldberg.

That demographic doesn't give a fuck about Star Wars. So they're failing to connect with that demographic.

You have a crush on Glenn Close

View attachment 1039959

Who doesn’t like a crazy woman?

She didn’t like rabbits either

1344317.jpeg

Soycucks don't understand children, especially young children, rely on their middle age parents to purchase them Disney products.

If you understand that most children in America are not white then you should also understand that most of their parents are also not white.

And many of the white parents are young adults that are a lot less likely to get their panties ruffled over the presence of darker skin than middle age white men.

And what do children have that dictates the content they consume?

Starts with a "P", ends with "arents". Something you'll never be. Is that enough of a clue?

So most of the non white children in America have white parents?

Sherdog teaches me something new everyday.

If you understand that most children in America are not white then you should also understand that most of their parents are also not white.

And many of the white parents are young adults that are a lot less likely to get their panties ruffled over the presence of darker skin than middle age white men.
Oh I see, middle aged white people = racist. Well, I'm not sure blacks, hispanics, asians, etc are super excited about their children being exposed to woke LGTBQIAPBBWP2N+ propaganda. Only sickos and weirdos like the current shit libs and "progressives" are into that crap.

Back