News DJ For Askren trade is a done deal

One step forward and 5 steps back for the sport.

No more Demetrious Johnson also means no more 125 division.

that's 10 massive steps forward lmao

DJ isn't relevant to anyone except other manlets

Good for DJ, he can finally fight in front of fans that will appreciate his skillset and just how good he really is.

The way the UFC disrespected him (and FlyW in general) and lack of money doesn't surprise me. He'll make more money in ONEFC.

Yeah I think it's s good move for him.

Did he have any say in it though? (I don't follow other sports and don't know how trades work)

Goodbye Flyweight division. You won't be missed.

Yeah make room for more fights like this please

n3nnrbxf1d911.jpg

so weird.

DJ finally loses in a super close fight that could've gone either way and just leaves? won't even do his rematch?
He hates the UFC. He always said he wanted to fight in Asia and likely will be paid better. He might actually fit better in Asia, as everyone over there is so little and they appreciate martial arts and skill more. Over here, we like trash talk and the big boys. Askren fits much better over here, and the evidence is in this forum.

shame DJ vs TJ never happened but Askren finally in the ufc is awesome

<GinJuice>

Last edited:
so weird.

DJ finally loses in a super close fight that could've gone either way and just leaves? won't even do his rematch?

So true, it’s hard enough in general to get your head around the trade thing in MMA...how the hell do those details work? Then of all the fighters to trade, you choose arguably the top PFP fighter...

DJ went undefeated , looses a close fight, and now he’s gone, WTF..

dj first fight is vs dim so mean so hyped

Hume has a big role in ONE, I’m sure DJ is really happy.

DJ blocked TJ and/or Cody from going down and making the division actually viable

He got what he deserved

Let's go!!!

If people hated Colby for cage pressing and shooting a massive amount of takedowns.. they're REALLY gonna hate Ben Askren! Gonna love it!
Absolutely
Expecting lot of triggered haters drowning while Ben picks up his wins

Arianny and Brittany are next

The UFC landing Askren reminds me of the Jake Shields deal. Even before Shields had left Strikeforce, Dana was hyped about signing Shields despite his point fighting history. Fast forward a couple years and Shields is out of the UFC. Dana will regret this trade once Askren draws some boo's and doesn't draw numbers. Askren might win his fights, but it wont be as dominant as his OneFC fights.

When half the population thinks two different people won, it's super close

I don't care what the majority of people think anyways.

I rely on my eyes and ears first and foremost.

Not a super close fight. Mouse lost to Cejudo.

Askren is a great wrestler, undefeated and all but after watching his last few fights a couple days ago, idk why the did this shit trade. He's got 0 striking. Nada. Usman, colby and twood would make him look silly, maybe khabib and gsp too. He isn't a draw either smh. They really did hate mm.

Back