DJ says he doesn’t care about superfight against TJ.Would rather fight Pettis,Torres,Horiguchi

LOL

aGj9atx.png

thats fine, you cant force him if he doesnt want it
they fight in different weight division

But TJ said that he will fight in flyweight division (DJ division) TJ will make 125 lbs, so TJ will be in DJ division.

So why you said that they fight in different weight division when TJ can do 125 and can fight in DJ's division

I don't see TJ or Garbrandt seeking a fight with Holloway or Ortega in the next class up! So why should MM?

I don't see TJ or Garbrandt seeking a fight with Holloway or Ortega in the next class up! So why should MM?
Are you drunk?

TJ want to fight in 125 division. For DJ 125 is the best division. For TJ and Garbrandt 145 is the division which is not their "natural" division (they are the best in 135). I will agree with you if TJ want to fight with DJ in 135, but no HE WANT TO FIGHT WITH HIM IN HIS DIVISION - 125 LBS FLYWEIGHT DIVISION (125 IS THE BEST DIVISION FOR DJ, DJ NATURAL WEIGHT CLASS). DO YOU UNDERSTAND? SEE THE DIFFERENCE? IF TJ go to 125 he will be one of fighter from flyweight division and who should fight for the title Torres/Pettis or champ TJ.

Your logic is like: "Daniel Cormier shouldnt fight for LHW title in 2015 against JJ because he was heavyweight in the beginning."

Last edited:
Then he wonders why he isn't a draw. Actively avoids the biggest fights possible. Prices himself out of bouts with elite BWs. Prefers to face the Moraga, Reis, Elliot and Borg types if possible and make a comparatively easy $300k. No wonder the UFC just gave up on him.

Aldo gave Edgar a shot in his first bout at FW, so why shouldn't TJ/Cody get one against DJ if they can make the weight?

Mighty Mouse said that he dreams of leaving the UFC and doing a global tour facing other champions. Buddy, they just did a season of TUF based around a variant of that theme. They brought in 16 champions to find someone to face you. It ended up being Tim Elliot. And if he did somehow escape his contract and went on a global tour he would be lucky to make one-third of what he does now.

The only guy at FLW who is even intriguing besides Cejudo is Horiguchi. He is in RIZIN and surely ain't coming back. Plus, I think most of us would strongly favour DJ in that rematch anyway.

Face TJ/Cody. Stop speaking so damn quickly in interviews. Drop the childish nickname. Add a bit of gravitas.

I def would watch him fight TJ but I also think that him getting belts from other orgs would be pretty cool and hopefully open the door to cross promotions at the highest level of the sport.

Strongly disagree. This would then create a series of political and promotional fault lines which make it impossible to do anything at the right time, as in boxing. The UFC should not cross-promote, should focus on its own brand and recruiting the best fighters. The existing model works.

The interview he did with Fox sports was really interesting. Completely dismissive of the superfight prospects, even when DC presses him.

Sad to see. I am not one of these people who insists that champions have to 'prove themselves' by moving up a division (though if they want to, then great). But avoiding someone who wants to come to your own division is completely different - and sad.

If the guy only wants to fight at 125 then that is fair enough, there is no reason to go up in weight if he doesn't want to

But if someone offers to come down to 125 for a fight then there is no reason not to take it, he shouldn't have a choice

horiguchi. is he going to rizin? finally they're getting rid of FLW, that's great

Didn't work in Canada, but this did.

He speaks really quickly. His tone of voice is flat. And he is generally dismissive. I can't think why he doesn't catch on.

DC and Florian keep doing their best to generate excitement. Mighty Mouse just brushes it off and shows no interest. Pathetic.

The UFC would be justified in sticking him on Fight Pass, live from the TUF gym for his lack of effort. The only reason to keep the FLW division around is because DJ is P4P elite. That is it.

Last edited:
Sad to see. I am not one of these people who insists that champions have to 'prove themselves' by moving up a division (though if they want to, then great). But avoiding someone who wants to come to your own division is completely different - and sad.
I watched and DJ sounded fed up. Basically told Cormier unless UFC is going to pay him to just stop asking. It's true that Cormier refused Stipe unless he got paid big too. So it's not like they're so different other then UFC opened their wallets for DC.

Tricky situation. I hope somehow, someway, it all gets figured out this weekend.

If the guy only wants to fight at 125 then that is fair enough, there is no reason to go up in weight if he doesn't want to

But if someone offers to come down to 125 for a fight then there is no reason not to take it, he shouldn't have a choice

Exactly. Thread/

I watched and DJ sounded fed up. Basically told Cormier unless UFC is going to pay him to just stop asking. It's true that Cormier refused Stipe unless he got paid big too. So it's not like they're so different other then UFC opened their wallets for DC.

Tricky situation. I hope somehow, someway, it all gets figured out this weekend.

The difference is that DC is a much bigger star than DJ, and larger/heavier guys generate more buys. DJ is commercial kryptonite. The UFC isn't going to break the bank for someone who does 100k PPV buys and is clearly uninterested in big fights or selling the product. DC always sells the product.

He is refusing to face someone who will come to his own weight class. Aldo did it, against Edgar. If the Mouse won't do it, strip him of the belt. He's turning into another Germaine de Randamie or Conor McGoof.

The difference is that DC is a much bigger star than DJ, and larger/heavier guys generate more buys. DJ is commercial kryptonite. The UFC isn't going to break the bank for someone who does 100k PPV buys and is clearly uninterested in big fights or selling the product. DC always sells the product.
You're right.

Well the most reasonable offer I heard DJ say, was on Ariel's show, where he said he'd take the fight as long as it's on a big card where the PPV points will matter.

Considering fighters like Joanna and Tyron have gotten that treatment (being put on Conor cards), I don't think it's unreasonable to do the same with DJ. Put him on DC vs. Brock. Everyone gets paid. Done.

You're right.

Well the most reasonable offer I heard DJ say, was on Ariel's show, where he said he'd take the fight as long as it's on a big card where the PPV points will matter.

Considering fighters like Joanna and Tyron have gotten that treatment (being put on Conor cards), I don't think it's unreasonable to do the same with DJ. Put him on DC vs. Brock. Everyone gets paid. Done.

100% true. But the UFC probably don't want to pay a fortune to a guy who has been a promotional deadweight to them. Anyway, I seem to recall that DJ asked for a contract with guaranteed money/no PPV points, and got it. Maybe it's been changed, but that was certainly the situation in 2016 when I heard him discussing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back